2007 NBA Playoffs Offical Thread

NJTank

How bout them Nets great win in Toronto to start the playoffs with Vince Carter being booed unmercifully.

Btw the Red clad Raptors fans very impressive they were loud all game too

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The game was entertainment. I give repsect to the raps who where down 15 points, came back and to only loose by 6 points. I think they struggled after Bosh got those 2 fouls. As well Graham was struggling as well giving up turn overs and was struggling on the defense I think. Anywaze game 2 is coming up they need to improve and more ppl need to step it up in the game.

4kv29i.jpg

The Bulls beat the Heat. They played pretty good the whole game. It's too bad that the announcers (specifically Jon Barry) have a huge bias towards the Heat. I'm happy that Game 2 will be on Comcast Chicago.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The refs were garbage... that is all (yeah I'm being THAT guy)

In the Toronto game? I didn't watch but since it's the NBA, I'll believe that there was terrible officiating.

Someone needs a hug. Do I sense some anger? :P Nah, just playin', guys. I gotta say this though, I can easily see this series going six or seven games. I didn't see the 4th quarter, however I did listen to some of it on the radio as I was going to work today, so I don't know if the ref's did something crazy or started making bad calls late in the 4th. However, I gotta say that the game had an electric atmosphere and beginning. Both teams started out on fire and if Bosh doesn't pick up two early fouls and have to sit until midway through the second, it is a totally different game. VC played poorly (don't count on him having another game like that,) but Jefferson picked up the team and Kidd was dishing out dimes as usual. Heck, he was only two points shy of a triple double. This series is going deep. I can most definitely seeing this series going seven games. Like I said earlier, ACC was rockin' but it would be pretty sick to see the Nets and Raptors play a game seven because the team and people up in Toronto want to see Carter go home more than anything (at least as far as the first round goes) and Carter can beat the Raptors, showing that he's still got it and that the Raptors didn't get the better of that trade.

-E.A.R.

The refs were garbage... that is all (yeah I'm being THAT guy)

In the Toronto game? I didn't watch but since it's the NBA, I'll believe that there was terrible officiating.

I didn't watch either, but I wouldn't doubt it.

As Nuggets fans, we're used to the refs screwing up games for our team... Right ITE?

The Nuggets take game one.

Melo and AI dominated scoring. Duncan and Parker played terrible in the first half and the Nuggets turned it over way too much in the first half, so it was even there.

Nene had a monster of a game on the boards and was the difference maker, IMO.

This is NOT 2005 and this is a completely different Denver team. 100 points be damned.

Now maybe they can go out there and take game 2, since having the best road record in team history.

The Nuggets take game one.

Melo and AI dominated scoring. Duncan and Parker played terrible in the first half and the Nuggets turned it over way too much in the first half, so it was even there.

Nene had a monster of a game on the boards and was the difference maker, IMO.

This is NOT 2005 and this is a completely different Denver team. 100 points be damned.

Now maybe they can go out there and take game 2, since having the best road record in team history.

Shocking

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Carmelo was composed, Nene was a man, Camby was Camby, Allen Iverson, as per usual, was fearless, and the Nuggets out-defended the Spurs. Great, great, great all around win -- and they did it without Kleiza or J.R. Smith contributing three pointers to the cause, which, coming in, I thought would be the key to the series. I think in 2005, the Nuggets got content with taking game one in San Antonio, I don't think they'll let that be the case this year. They may lose game two, but unlike last time, they'll make a game of it.

The difference from years past? Teams can't double and triple team 'Melo like they once could. There's too many other guys that will make you pay. Teams just can't pack it inside anymore because the Nuggets can shoot these days.

IUe6Hvh.png

Carmelo was composed, Nene was a man, Camby was Camby, Allen Iverson, as per usual, was fearless, and the Nuggets out-defended the Spurs. Great, great, great all around win -- and they did it without Kleiza or J.R. Smith contributing three pointers to the cause, which, coming in, I thought would be the key to the series. I think in 2005, the Nuggets got content with taking game one in San Antonio, I don't think they'll let that be the case this year. They may lose game two, but unlike last time, they'll make a game of it.

The difference from years past? Teams can't double and triple team 'Melo like they once could. There's too many other guys that will make you pay. Teams just can't pack it inside anymore because the Nuggets can shoot these days.

You know the other difference? Steve f'n Blake. I didn't watch the whole game, but I did watch a bit with Blake on the court. I remember when people laughed at the Wizards picking him up in the draft, but that kid is a definite NBA player. He makes great decisions with the ball and everything looks smoother when he's on the court. I'm not saying he's the next Steve Nash or Isaiah Thomas. Just that he's a good player and the Nuggets were very smart to pick him up.

I picked the Spurs in five, and that can still happen. I think that the Nuggets went up a game in the 2004 playoffs, only to be blasted in the final four. I think both teams are in different places this time around, and I definitely like the Nuggets chances more than I perhaps once did. We'll see what happens on Wednesday (freaking Wednesday! The NBA playoffs take SOOOOOOO long).

By the way, I love those navy jerseys they wear. If there were ever a case of rooting for laundry, that's it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Blake was a fantastic pickup. You're right, he's so silky smooth, and plays mistake free basketball to the point where you almost forget about him out there. He fits in perfectly in Denver. With AI and Melo and company, it's easy to lose track of Blake and if you do, he's the type of guy that can beat you. I wish he'd look to score a little bit more, though. Much better than watching Boykins dribble the ball around for 18 seconds every possession.

IUe6Hvh.png

Tuesday (4/24) Update:

Raptors even up series, Bulls route Heat, Suns humiliate Lakers.

[Warning: Bulls fan bias, but honest opinions]

I just think a lot of the Heat players have lost their hunger for a championship that drove them all the way last year.

The vets like 'Zo, Payton and J-Dub finally got their ring, as well as Wade.

And Shaq finally proved he could win another title without Kobe.

The Bulls, on the ohter hand, want to get out of the first round after two frustraiting playoff runs.

I mean, look at the intensity on Andres Nocioni and Tyrus Thomas:

nba_g_nocioni_412.jpg

That being said, I (along with every Bulls fan) remember 2005, when the Bulls won Games 1 and 2 in Chicago, only to lose the next four games to the Wizards. So it's guarded optimism.

I agree with all Shroinke said. Also the Heat started to fall apart at the end of the game last night. Posey is already a fan favorite, and when they were chanting "Posey sucks" he decided to knock Tyrus Thomas five feet away while "boxing out". After that Alonzo shoved Thomas. It looked as though they were starting to unravel. I just hope that the Bulls can keep their heads in it and let this slip away, because I think Dwayne Wade can take over if the Bulls lose their focus.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Shockingly, the Wizards lost again tonight and are down 0-2, but they kept it close (unlike that other 7 seed) in both games and hopefully they can avoid the sweep with a win in Washington.

I know, kind of sad that I'm rooting for the avoidance of a sweep, but at least they have a future (I think).

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Archived