2007 NBA Playoffs Offical Thread

NJTank

I can deal with missed calls in any other league and take them as human error. But the NBA is frustrating because what the referee sees isn't always the reason for a whistle or a non-whistle. I don't think either one of you can actually suggest that that's not the case in the NBA. It's frustrating when it goes against my team and when I feel that's the case, I'm going to post it. I felt that call against Iverson was a terrible, terrible call -- I would've if I was watching this game as a Bulls fan or a Warriors fan -- I might not have mentioned it then, but happened to be more frustrating because it affected my team. I can admit that Melo and AI get their fair share of calls -- or that AI gets some ridiculous continuations that leave me scratching my head -- which I did earlier, or that Nene was allowed to hack Duncan in the first three quarters without much consequence, as I've said many times, the Nuggets are down 3-1 because the Spurs are a much, much better team and not because of officiating -- keep ignoring when I say that, whatever.

Hedley, Bucfan... you don't like what I post? Ignore me.

What he said...

It's just a matter of seeing it effect your team so often that it drives you crazy. NBA officiating is horrible, and that goes for every single team in the league. It's been a LONG time since I saw a game where the officials called the game right for 48 minutes.

Look, its nothing personal against either of you, but you two complain so frickin much about how your teams get hosed that it makes me wanna pull my hair out. And its in EVERY sport you guys enjoy. Its to the point where I root against the Broncos and Nuggets making the playoffs just so I don't have to read your further conspiracy theories as to why the league has it in for them come playoff time. And ill even give you points for creativity as its definately always some new and unique reason as to why you got hosed, but if either of you would just step up and say, yeah, we got our :censored: handed to us, plain and simple, id probably start going back to church.

And to further add to the point, it doesnt matter if the Warriors got "hosed" by the Refs tonight. They didn't score in the last three and a half minutes. Your not gonna often win a ballgame when that happens.

You mean like I've done here:

The Spurs are going to win this series because they're the better team.

or here:

Nuggets are down 3-1 because the Spurs are a much, much better team and not because of officiating

or maybe here:

And I wouldn't say the Nuggets have gotten the short end of the stick all that much. I'd say the officiating favored the Nuggets overall in last nights game, and probably in game one too (which I didn't see in it's entirety).

How many times do you want me to say that the Spurs are winning because they're the better team? Or do you just like to ignore that bit? When it comes to the NFL, I don't point out that the Broncos got the bad end of a call any more than I point out the other team did. Maybe Nick does, but I don't. And if you're going to say that about me, show me when! The only times have been this year and the last time we played the Spurs (coincidence? ^_^ ). Again, you don't like what I have to say... do me this favor and just ignore me.

IUe6Hvh.png

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can deal with missed calls in any other league and take them as human error. But the NBA is frustrating because what the referee sees isn't always the reason for a whistle or a non-whistle. I don't think either one of you can actually suggest that that's not the case in the NBA. It's frustrating when it goes against my team and when I feel that's the case, I'm going to post it. I felt that call against Iverson was a terrible, terrible call -- I would've if I was watching this game as a Bulls fan or a Warriors fan -- I might not have mentioned it then, but happened to be more frustrating because it affected my team. I can admit that Melo and AI get their fair share of calls -- or that AI gets some ridiculous continuations that leave me scratching my head -- which I did earlier, or that Nene was allowed to hack Duncan in the first three quarters without much consequence, as I've said many times, the Nuggets are down 3-1 because the Spurs are a much, much better team and not because of officiating -- keep ignoring when I say that, whatever.

Hedley, Bucfan... you don't like what I post? Ignore me.

What he said...

It's just a matter of seeing it effect your team so often that it drives you crazy. NBA officiating is horrible, and that goes for every single team in the league. It's been a LONG time since I saw a game where the officials called the game right for 48 minutes.

Look, its nothing personal against either of you, but you two complain so frickin much about how your teams get hosed that it makes me wanna pull my hair out. And its in EVERY sport you guys enjoy. Its to the point where I root against the Broncos and Nuggets making the playoffs just so I don't have to read your further conspiracy theories as to why the league has it in for them come playoff time. And ill even give you points for creativity as its definately always some new and unique reason as to why you got hosed, but if either of you would just step up and say, yeah, we got our :censored: handed to us, plain and simple, id probably start going back to church.

And to further add to the point, it doesnt matter if the Warriors got "hosed" by the Refs tonight. They didn't score in the last three and a half minutes. Your not gonna often win a ballgame when that happens.

I apologize, as I haven't posted it on the boards here, but have on the Broncos message board.

I know the officiating is bad, but the Nuggets had a chance, despite the refs, to win all three games they've lost. In game three they lost by 5, but missed 9 free throws, so I can say that right there was their chance to win the game. They've collapsed at the end of both games at the Pepsi Center and dug themselves a hole just barely too big to dig out of in game two. I don't expect them to win the series, and NOT because of the refs, but because like I said, they haven't been able to close out the games they should have.

Now on to the other sports, I can only remember complaining about the Broncos once, and I don't even remember what game it was. I DO remember bringing up a call in the Broncos/Patriots playoff game a couple years ago, but what I'd mentioned was the call where they called PI on the Pats when it should have been a no call.

So, I really only complain about the Nuggets, but like ITE said, it has a lot to do with the fact that NBA officials are totally out of line and it's frustrating because it's my favorite team.

Lastly, I'd like to point out that I typically admit when my teams don't play well.

So root against the Broncos and Nuggets all you want. Fans are going to mention their displeasure with NBA officials until something is done about it, it's just going to happen.

well with all this Nugget talk, we can now focus on round 2, Suns v. Spurs, definitely going to be a great matchup. (**) 5 star matchup and could definitely be the predecessor to the Western Conference Finals the way Dallas is going

Good year for the Nuggets. A lot of reason to be optimistic for next year!

Definately.

They'll have Martin back, a full year with AI and Melo together, Nene back up to full speed. Gotta go get one before Camby hangs 'em up.

Ugh... don't remind me. The $91 million man that does nothing to help this team. Nene better not get relegated to the bench for him.

I'm pulling for the Warriors in tonights game. I also think they can beat the Houston/Utah winner if they can get past Dallas.

IUe6Hvh.png

This is absolutely nuts.

The Warriors are going off on the Mavericks. The crowd is nuts, the Warriors are continuing to go for the jugular and not slowing up. Up 23 after three... what an upset this is!

IUe6Hvh.png

This is absolutely nuts.

The Warriors are going off on the Mavericks. The crowd is nuts, the Warriors are continuing to go for the jugular and not slowing up. Up 23 after three... what an upset this is!

Absolutely insane...this has to be one of the biggest upsets in the last twenty years.

This is absolutely nuts.

Absolutely insane...this has to be one of the biggest upsets in the last twenty years.

Wasn't Portland up big on the Lakers heading into the 4th quarter a few years ago?

This is absolutely nuts.

Dirk Nowitzki may still be the MVP but if they could do a revote he wont come close, wow amazing and the NBA again has a premier match up in the second round and a lesser conference final (and yet they still refuse to reseed after the 1st round like the NHL does)

So we have the true NBA Finals in the second round. Winner of Suns-Spurs wins it all.

As for Dallas

263tweb.jpg

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The NBA can fix games so easily and I got a feeling unless the Warriors blow out Dallas in Game 6 it will happen again and the Mavs will win in 7.

Please elaborate on how they can fix games. Back it up! I know all about the "cold envelope theory" for the initial draft lottery, but tell me how to fix a professional game and why Las Veags would not know about it if they know and tell authorities about betting in college? I have also heard the theory concerning the majority of NBA games being within 5 points with 3 minutes left in the regular season.

Calling touch fouls on one letting the other get away with nearly body checking. Not calling walks when its clear and getting someone for every extra step on the other. The refs can fix NBA games easier then any other sport.

See 2002 Western Conference Finals when the Refs won it for the Lakers.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Nice win for the Warriors tonight. They embarrassed the Mavs tonight. I'm beginning to think that the Mavs aren't the only team the Warriors can beat. They've got a real good shot at Houston/Utah. They've got a raucous crowd, it will be extremely difficult for them to lose at home.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

LOL. 67 wins down the drain.

That being said, the Warriors were playing at an inhuman level in that second half. They didn't just want the win, they wanted to bury them. Awesome job, and that crowd is AMAZING. They were at fever pitch all night and made those 10 Mav fans & Cuban look STUPID. Just an amazing experience, game, and accomplishment.

Congrats to the Waaaaaaaaarioooooorrrs.

Calling touch fouls on one letting the other get away with nearly body checking. Not calling walks when its clear and getting someone for every extra step on the other. The refs can fix NBA games easier then any other sport.

You mention "touch foul". Is/was it a foul or not? You used the word, foul, therefore it can and should be called. Most officials look for advantage/disadvantage in most situations and remember that these are split- second judgements. Now I would not reject the possibility of having age limits on all officials, like FIFA, where they have a mandatory retirement age for referees/asst. referees at age 45, but it is not in placed here.

While I know that you probably have never been certified by a state high school federation to officiate or have been to a clinic, but I digress even more.

The definition for travelling in the NBA is different than what is in for NHSF (most US high schools), NCAA (college and some US high schools), and FIBA. See Section XIV here:

http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_10.html?nav=ArticleList

At least Metroplex fans have the Rangers to look forward to this summer.

Not to have a conspiracy thought, but you don't think that calling balls/strikes are less objective than a basketball foul/violation? I think you are wrong, way wrong.

Did you watch the NBA in the 90s.

Jordan could choke someone in the 4th quarter and not get called for a foul but if you breath on Jordan you would get hit with a flagrant.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

*whistle*

Archived