Logo Concept

HarperK

Tried to make a slight modernization of the blue-n-yellow era. I will be doing jerseys soon...

mainlogoco7.png

I can't wait.

The Warriors can have one of the classiest identities in sports, but instead have one of the cheesiest.

Everyone loves a roundel.

With a logo this good, I can't wait to see the jerseys.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

I think its nicely rendered. That said you may as well go with something as pointless as "the city" and a friggin trolley....oh crap. This identity crisis is hopeless, which isnt your fault, but this isnt the solution either. It seems like a reversal to the same old lost theme.

PLUS thats the golden gate bridge...the warriors are in Oakland...new bay bridge logo!?! j/k

I'd love to see 'em go to these uniforms...

story.jpg

But that probably isn't going to happen, so a return to blue and gold would be welcome. The logo is SF, though, and they're in Oakland now. If you made the semi-circle into a full circle and made it a basketball, it'd be sweet!

The logo is SF, though, and they're in Oakland now. If you made the semi-circle into a full circle and made it a basketball, it'd be sweet!

That is true but who said it isnt the SF-Oak Bay bridge? Looks the same as a silhouette:)

I think its nicely rendered. That said you may as well go with something as pointless as "the city" and a friggin trolley....oh crap. This identity crisis is hopeless, which isnt your fault, but this isnt the solution either. It seems like a reversal to the same old lost theme.

PLUS thats the golden gate bridge...the warriors are in Oakland...new bay bridge logo!?! j/k

Im not sure i share your opinion. The old identity was classic and unique, but simple as well. It had "flavor":) I just tried to capture that in what i designed

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Tried to make a slight modernization of the blue-n-yellow era. I will be doing jerseys soon...

mainlogoco7.png

:spideysense: Seems like something is missing (at the bottom)?

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

The logo is SF, though, and they're in Oakland now. If you made the semi-circle into a full circle and made it a basketball, it'd be sweet!

That is true but who said it isnt the SF-Oak Bay bridge? Looks the same as a silhouette:)

Im not sure i share your opinion. The old identity was classic and unique, but simple as well. It had "flavor":) I just tried to capture that in what i designed

Why are they the Warriors if you dont some how acknowledge it? They are Golden State Basketball, basically.

I think you need to lose the California and star. The bridge already represents where they are. The california just kind of clogs it up.

Agreed. Although it may be valuable as a secondary logo, especially since it has a history with the team.

Why are they the Warriors if you dont some how acknowledge it? They are Golden State Basketball, basically.

Well the "warrior" they use now is just cheesy imo, and the old one wouldn't fly these days. So i think its more than acceptable to use aspects of the era that emphasized the location more than the nickname. But still when you think of the team you think "Warriors" before "Golden State". Its more of identifying with the organization and less with the teams mascot, if that makes sense.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

mainlogoco7.png

My suggestion is that if you are trying to modernize an older logo, it should be more modern. You may have stayed too traditional. My first suggestion would be the font. A modern font may be enough. This current font isn't very interesting and for some reason doesn't look symmetrical.

And I definetly see the need to play down the warrior non-pc term in a liberal hot bed of the country, so how about working the classic basketball in the logo then? If not, there isn't much to know what sport this even is.

And I definetly see the need to play down the warrior non-pc term in a liberal hot bed of the country, so how about working the classic basketball in the logo then? If not, there isn't much to know what sport this even is.

I agree with the idea of adding a basketball somewhere, and I am not all that crazy about the wordmark font (just doesn't seem like something you'd see on a pro jersey IMO). But while I know what you're saying, I don't quite buy the political incorrectness of the term "warrior" on its face.

Every culture that I can think of has had warriors among its people. If you're worried that people will be up in arms if they reverted back to the dribbling Indian they had decades ago, that's fine. But I am not sure that a generic warrior would be offensive, and if done right, you could surely use a warrior from almost any culture. Get input from the people you're using as a model, and keep it from being cartoonish and offensive, and you could be fine.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

mainlogoco7.png

I think it'd be cool if you could somehow keep this as a basis; add the basketball lines in the hemisphere, keep the bridge, and maybe work in a simplified warrior similar to how it looks on the current logo...

Too cluttered, perhaps? Well, if done right...

I like where you going though...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Yea, because if we don't use native american charicatures as logos, then the terrorists win!!!

Archived