Who to get on my jersey?

spyboy1

Ahh, my beloved B's. How you have let me down these past few years.

Well, let's see here. 91-92 you have Glen Murray coming in and having his first cup of coffee with the team. It was also Jozef Stumpel's and Joe Juneau's first seasons. Two people jump out at me from that year. Adam Oates for doing what he did best in the playoffs and Glen Featherstone, for no other reason than he was the SLOWEST player in any NHL video game that came out in that era. When he scored in a game I was playing, I knew I was having a good night. Man, slowest player in any game.

Until the next year, of course, when Jim Wiemer came in. 92-93 pretty much presents you with the same roster but I'm gonna toss out a name that people my age and younger may not remember. Well, older people may not remember either. But this is going to be my suggestion:

#10 Dmitri Kvartalnov

dmitiri.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was a kid I mailed Moog one of his cards (c/o the Bruins) and asked him to autograph it. That coolass son-of-a-beeotch did and mailed it back, and he was one of my favorites ever since.

It's funny how almost everyone has a story about an athlete going out of their way and doing something like that, and making a lifetime fan in the process. A shame more of 'em don't understand this.

heh, I got an idea that aint been mentioned yet: John Blue. simply cus I don't figure many folks other than him got his jersey :hockeysmiley: shoot, you could grab a plain blue (or blue on blue Red Sox) cap to go with it, just like dude's solid blue mask :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I have a white Juneau 49 with the Stanley Cup 100th patch. First jersey I ever bought.

I like the idea of Ken Linseman but you could also go with a Bill Ranford or a Don Sweeney or if you already have a Neely how about a Geoff Courtnall jersey (the guy they traded to Vancouver to get Neely).

I'm gonna toss out a name that people my age and younger may not remember. Well, older people may not remember either. But this is going to be my suggestion:

#10 Dmitri Kvartalnov

dmitiri.jpg

You may want to sit down before you read this post any futher.

Ready?

I own Dimitri Kvartalnov's #10 93-94 Boston Bruins black road game worn jersey. It's exactly the same as the rookie pictured only without the Stanley Cup Anniversary patch. The one pictured sold for quite a bit since he scored 30 goals as a rookie and his stock was pretty high then.

That's not all. I also have his #18 game worn Khimik jersey from the Soviet Union the year he was the Russian Elite League's leading scorer with the name "D. Kvartalnov" on the back in cyrillic since his brother was on the team as well.

I call the pair my "Ultimate Home & Away Set".

Someday I'd love to get his San Diego Gulls jersey. Heck, I'd love to get a replica of it. I missed out on one the week ebay introduced their "Buy it Now" feature since I didn't fully understand how that worked and didn't place a bid when I first saw it.

I also have one of each of his NHL hockey cards ever made, plus a few Russian ones.

Maximum bonus points for even knowing who he is. (**)(**)(**)

heh, I got an idea that aint been mentioned yet: John Blue. simply cus I don't figure many folks other than him got his jersey :hockeysmiley: shoot, you could grab a plain blue (or blue on blue Red Sox) cap to go with it, just like dude's solid blue mask :D

Ah, the former Gopher.

I have Frank Pietrangelo's black Pittsburgh Penguins jersey. I also had a chance to buy Robb Stauber's black Kings jersey and John Blue's black Bruins jersey. It would have been all former Gopher goaltender's black game worn jerseys, a very specialized collection.

Didn't Blue wear some odd number like 39?

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Why do all your posts start with "heh"? It's been driving me nuts for as long as I can remember.

Anyway, back on topic...for something off the beaten path, why not Bob Beers?

A Bourque #7 would be cool, although I would expect a barrage of questions from the people who insist Bourque only wore #77, since they saw him play for the Colorado Avalanches for the Stanford Cup, which would irritate me to no end. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would get it and appreciate it, but I would (sadly) think far more would chide you for being "wrong".

Neely is too obvious, even though I love the way he played.

I'm like OMMF - take a guy who's not as common to stand out from the herd a little bit.

Since Kvartalnov is already taken (and would you ever customize a Russian player's NHL jersey with his name in Cyrillic? I thought about getting a Kovalev Habs' sweater in Cyrillic but went with Saku Koivu instead), I would also suggest Don Sweeney, Andy Moog, Glen Featherstone (which has the added bonus of a long-a$$ last name, more embroidery for your buck!) but also Craig Janney, Adam Oates, Glen Wesley, AL IAFRATE (!)(I remember seeing him firing up a cigarette between periods when he was with the Caps), Mariusz Czerkawski, Ted Donato, Jon Casey (whatever happened to THAT guy?) or Alexei Kasatonov (whose Cyrillic name could be done with Roman characters alone: KACATOHOB). For pure obscurity, there's always Jarmo KEKALAINEN (#29) or Bruce SHOEBOTTOM (#40).

And IIRC, John Blue did wear #39.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Why do all your posts start with "heh"? It's been driving me nuts for as long as I can remember.

I'm not sure, to be honest, other than it tends to start most of my sentences in real life too...don't know when it started, it just tends to happen automatically. heh, i remember this girl I knew back in high school used to get on me all the time about it.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived