Mets Fan Banned from Home Games for Three Years

WJMorris3

NEW YORK - A New York Mets fan has been banned from Shea Stadium for three years after pleading guilty on Tuesday to shining a high-powered flashlight at a pair of Atlanta Braves players last month.

Frank Martinez, 40, of the Bronx, also must spend 15 days in jail as part of his sentence for interfering with a professional sporting event.

"In a game in which the ball can travel upward of 110 mph, the defendant's actions were dangerous to both spectators and players," Queens District Attorney Richard Brown said in a statement.

Authorities said that on April 20, while seated behind home plate, Martinez turned the beam on Braves pitcher Tim Hudson and shortstop Edgar Renteria. The Braves were leading 7-0 at the time.

Renteria complained to umpire Paul Emmel, who called time and alerted security. The security officers removed Martinez and found "a small, streamline flashlight" in his backpack, authorities said.

Now, nevermind we have a Bronx person rooting for the Mets. But just as a logistical issue, why ban him specifically from Shea for three years when they won't be playing there after 2008 anyways?

LvZYtbZ.png

Awww loophole, He can try and go to a Mets game the first season at Citi Field and say, "The judge banned me from Shea Stadium for 3 years, not Citi Field"... Than say, " IN YOUR FACE, NY Legal System" lol :D

Dunno, it works all the time in the Premiership...

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Awww loophole, He can try and go to a Mets game the first season at Citi Field and say, "The judge banned me from Shea Stadium for 3 years, not Citi Field"... Than say, " IN YOUR FACE, NY Legal System" lol :D

that is a good loophole.

so long and thanks for all the fish.

Dunno, it works all the time in the Premiership...

HA! You should go to see some Argentinean soccer... I remember once a failed penalty shot thanks to a laser pointer, all the stuff very funny.

It was awarded to Racing Club against Estudiantes La Plata. Then Marcelo "Chelo" Delgado went to stay there going to shot against the goal which was behind the rival's fandom.

Someone there flashed red laser on his eyes (that was widely shown by TV) and... the guy gave the ball to the goalie's hands... :lol:

Of course, NY justice didn't covered yet the Argentinean soccer to punish that jerk. :D

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

How would they know it was the same guy if he just purchased tickets with cold hard cash, rather than a credit card? Do they have a picture of him in the ticket office that says "Dont Allow In" like on cartoons?

If they don't do that, whose gonna remember him.

I believe the Mets and Major League Baseball also have the power to ban him from any games. They could, if they choose, ban him not just from Shea Stadium, but future Mets games, wherever they play. How they enforce the ban, I don't know.

But he should be banned from all Major League Baseball games, not just games at Shea Stadium, for at least five years. And if he wants to sue, he won't stand a chance in court.

When they start giving out fleshlights, THEN I'll be impressed.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

An update to the story I have found shows the loophole to be nonexistant, because the ban is from "Mets home games" and not just Shea Stadium. The headline has been changed to reflect this.

LvZYtbZ.png

So much 4 that...Well theres always a 3 games set every season when the Mets go to Yankees Stadium. That the closest he'll get to the Mets, unless he takes a road trip when they're on the road

He can probably still go to Mets home games. On ESPN they said that the 14 people that threw beer cans at the track at a NASCAR race were banned from that speedway. They also said that they could still get into the speedway by buying tickets from a 3rd party, so its probably the same for the Mets.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

When they start giving out fleshlights, THEN I'll be impressed.

:cursing: you, Jigga.

Of course, mine would have to be much smaller than yours.

'Cuz you're black.

and black people have enormous penii.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived