Boston awarded NLL team

Sir Donald

I have an idea for Boston's new NLL entry just in case they don't want to use

the BLAZERS nickname.Here are a few suggestions.......

BOSTON ????????????????

1).Bruisers-sounds like the Bruins except for the "sers' for the "ns".FYI,u can use the Bear motif

and toughen 'em up a lil bit.

2).Reveres-a very good suggestion!!!!U can use him as a mascot.

3).Massacre-I don't have a clue what to make of a logo for the team though :unsure: .

4).Terror-I understand that BU has the rights to the Terrier nickname,but you could the

mascot involved in the package though.

5).Sentinals-that's a nice call.FYI, u can make their look somewhat similar to the NFL Pats.

I'm out for now.THE END. :flagusa:

majorleaguebaseball3fi.gif

nflfan8bf.jpg

319rg.jpg

dccomics5vs.png

antimtv.png

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an idea for Boston's new NLL entry just in case they don't want to use

the BLAZERS nickname.Here are a few suggestions.......

BOSTON ????????????????

1).Bruisers-sounds like the Bruins except for the "sers' for the "ns".FYI,u can use the Bear motif

and toughen 'em up a lil bit.

2).Reveres-a very good suggestion!!!!U can use him as a mascot.

3).Massacre-I don't have a clue what to make of a logo for the team though :unsure: .

4).Terror-I understand that BU has the rights to the Terrier nickname,but you could the

mascot involved in the package though.

5).Sentinals-that's a nice call.FYI, u can make their look somewhat similar to the NFL Pats.

I'm out for now.THE END. :flagusa:

Yikes.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Being born and raised in Boston (....many years ago) I have three suggestions:

Boston "B-Men".....these were the unionized Longshore Men who worked the

Boston docks in the 60's...sometimes called "Scalawags"!

Boston "Townies"...a Townie back east is a "local", someone from one of the

neighborhoods surrounding Boston who is true to the

culture of their community.

Boston "Commons"...in reference to the laage paak in the middle of Boston

next to the Public Gaadens.

I also think "Beacons" works well with reference to the hill on which stands

the State Capitol Building.

When Bobby Orr was asked why he always wore a cup

but not a helmet,he replied:"I can always get

someone else to do my thinking for me!"

Baked Beans.

The Lunch Check! thread can be found in The Owners Box forum. So, what was for dinner? is being discussed in the Lounge.

There, fixed it. :P

. . . apparently right after you.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Baked Beans.

there, I said it.

The Lunch Check! thread can be found in The Owners Box forum.

come on now. you know that no such forum exsists.

I'm referencing the urban legend.

It's the forum in the CCSLC where all of the sasquatches dry their puppies in microwaves while discussing how they were unknowingly threatened by deranged serial killers hiding on the back floors of their cars until kindly filling-station attendants surreptitiously warned them of the danger.

Baked Beans.

there, I said it.

The Lunch Check! thread can be found in The Owners Box forum.

come on now. you know that no such forum exsists.

I'm referencing the urban legend.

It's the forum in the CCSLC where all of the sasquatches dry their puppies in microwaves while discussing how they were unknowingly threatened by deranged serial killers hiding on the back floors of their cars until kindly filling-station attendants surreptitiously warned them of the danger.

ah it all makes sense now.

What about Boston Pilgrims?

Actually, the name Boston Pilgrims wouldn't have much historical relevance, given that Boston was established by Puritans, not Pilgrims. They were distinct religious movements.

Going down the founders route, how abouts taking a leaf out of the MLS book?

I give you; Boston 1630

:P

I have some suggestions...

Boston Musketeers

Boston Reveres (as in Paul Revere)

...heck, I think the Shamrox nickname is a heck of a lot more appropriate for Boston, given the ties to the Celtics.

Forget the Celtics. Chicago has a rich Irish heritage, too. I'm with dsgitlin. Boston Saints. Equitas. Veritas.

Actually, most Great Lakes and Northeastern cities had/have a large Irish presence. Besides, Chicago is much more well known for its Polish population where the Irish are the first ethnicity you think of when thinking of Boston.

What about Boston Pilgrims?

I was wondering if the Sox would lay claim to that, but apparently it wasn't an official team name, so its doable. But you'd kinda be restricted to black and white uni's.. ;):P

According a baseball unis' book I have, the Boston Pilgrims used white and black unis. So you are right.

But the NLL Boston Pilgrims may not use this color theme. It's just a historical nickname, not a complete theme.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Aww... all the good names have been taken.. (j/k)

I'm sure that it will be Boston as the city name, but anyone think they would use 'New England'?

Well, I suggested "New England Sentinels" awhile back. If they use Boston instead, that tells me the NLL also has its eye on Hartford, Manchester and/or Providence for future expansion.

CCSLC signature.png

I think they should go with Gigantes.

Athach.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

• 1 month later...

Sounds like its not just Boston, Vancouver is supposedly the 2nd expansion team (yet to be confirmed).

I guess it was announced on June 19th that the Vancouver Ravens will return for the 2008 season if they can secure an arena lease and sell 2,500 season tickets.

Archived