Rockies Logo Concept

See Red

I was kind of messing around in Illustrator and was bored so I decided to try and help a team whose logo needs much help... the Rockies. The following is the same logo, but the top one uses a darker purple than they currently use and replaces the black with light blue. The bottom one uses their current color scheme.

rockieslogos.gif

Here would be the hat logo with the new color scheme...

hatlogo.gif

I'll try and come up with a uniform concept but the problem I'm finding is that purple and light blue don't look all that good together -- to me, atleast. Oh, and the font I used is the Mariners' because it looks most like what they use now, compared to what else I have on my computer.

Questions? Comments? Suggestions?

IUe6Hvh.png

Ooooh ... dark purple and light blue. I would love to see uniforms in these colors.

Especially if you eliminate the CR cap logo in favor of a C or a mountain or something!

But mainly, I like what I see with your first hints at how the dark purple and light blue can work together.

20082614447.png

I like the top one. I think the colors are better but thats kind of bias considering that I like those colors and I dont like purple. Anyway your right, it pretty much is just and update of their current logo but yours is more modern and fits everything better. Great Job overall!

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

I like the Rockies' font now, but something about it doesn't look right on your new version. It looks very frail. I wonder what it would look like if you used the font that you have "Colorado" in.

The pieces to the sides of the mountains look odd, I'm not sure why.

Oh, and I love the purple and light blue idea, though I think it leaves some room to still use a small amount of black with it.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I thought of the Jazz too. This is a really nie logo. The colors look good. I would love to see uniforms to go with the logo. Light blue road jersey?

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Yeah, I'll do jersey concepts eventually. I'm trying to find a font that would look good both in the logo and on a uniform. I kind of want to go away from the current 'CR' like a few people mentioned so I was messing around with a hat logo. I came up with something that plays off of my logo and the Colorado flag kinda like the Avalanche logo concept here on the board did with the Avs logo... the problem with it is the 'C' is similar to the Cubs cap logo. Eh, oh well.

rockiescap.gif

IUe6Hvh.png

Yeah, I'll do jersey concepts eventually. I'm trying to find a font that would look good both in the logo and on a uniform. I kind of want to go away from the current 'CR' like a few people mentioned so I was messing around with a hat logo. I came up with something that plays off of my logo and the Colorado flag kinda like the Avalanche logo concept here on the board did with the Avs logo... the problem with it is the 'C' is similar to the Cubs cap logo. Eh, oh well.

rockiescap.gif

Been there, done that.

Nice job, the purple and sky blue seem to mesh together very well.

I really liked the all-star design the Rocks had with the purple and green, maybe a color combo like this could look good too.

Alright... new hat logo and a uniforms!

rockiescap2.gif

rockieshome.gif

rockiesroad.gif

I think the light blue road uniforms are too dark, though. Probably wouldn't look good. I still need to make a 'Rockies' wordmark like the 'Colorado' one.

I'll put the logo on the sleeve once I get the 'Rockies' font to put on it.

IUe6Hvh.png

I disagree with the change in colors.

There is a reason the "Rockies" have purple in their set. I'm not a fan of purple, but it makes sense for the club and should remain the main color.

"Purple mountains majesty..."

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

• 5 weeks later...
Alright... new hat logo and a uniforms!

rockiescap2.gif

rockieshome.gif

rockiesroad.gif

I think the light blue road uniforms are too dark, though. Probably wouldn't look good. I still need to make a 'Rockies' wordmark like the 'Colorado' one.

I'll put the logo on the sleeve once I get the 'Rockies' font to put on it.

If the "C" didn't remind me so much of the Cardinals, I'd say Great job.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

The blue uniforms, for some reason, remind me of the Columbus Catfish. I don't particularly like that look for the Rockies. It evokes thoughts of water, and doesn't really have anything to do with the name.

As far as the state flag 'C' goes, I think that needs to be abandoned altogether. IMO, Colorado has one of the worst state flags in the union. The 'CR' looks better.

Archived