Chrysler Corp. will revive old logo

Squeaks4

I dunno. To me, yes, the pentastar symbolizes the Iacocca era of the company, but it also brings up a completely forgettable lineup of boxy cars, such as the Plymouth Sundance, or a nice Reliant automobile.

I identify that logo with "a cheap car I'd rather not drive." And I'm a Dodge owner.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I agree that it evokes the Reliant K era. My advice to Chrysler is to quit worrying about logos and start worrying about building quality vehicles.

If I sound like the bitter ex-owner of a POS Dodge...I am. :cursing:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Interestingly enough, Chrysler's five-star program utilises the pentastar logo, so it wasn't as if the logo ever went away http://www.fivestar.com/

I happen to miss the pentastar logo. My dad had a Chrysler when I was born and I always related Chrysler to that logo. I like the winged design, which is the original logo I believe, but the pentastar is simple and much more easily identifiable. I think a car logo must me identifiable from the back, not the front.

I saw, I came, I left.

If we're lucky they may even revive the old Rampage...

250px1984rampagehs7.jpg

Would be easy, take a Magnum, convert the hatchback into a pick-up bed...

OOPPPPS! After research, looks like I'm not the only hopeful:

rampage1ad7.jpg

This concept is not true to its predecessor.

The Market doesn't ned another oversized cross-over...

We should take example on the Aussies:

uteshow2fa2.jpg:wub: I think I'm in love

These machines are very popular with the "kids"... Do they still call them Petroleheads???

Go visit Faord Australia's Site and tell me these wouldn't make a killing in Suburban America (and Canada... I could see the kids driving back from Fort McMurray on teh weekends to hit the town in those...)

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Well it looks like it might not be the Pentastar after all. Seems they're going with a hood ornament in to reflect the new owners, Cerberus...

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/chrysler-30...edition/247162/

OMG....WTF is that??? If they come out with that i am going to go crazy.

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

OMG....WTF is that???

Thats Cerberus, the mythical three headed dog that guards the gets of hell..

Cerberus Capital Management now own Chrysler. :rolleyes: Someone at that company didn't research the name very well obviously! ;)

Hmmm, that looks alot like the logo for the company I used to work for (an ISP in Ottawa, BTW)...

cyblogouj2.jpg

But we did have fun with the name, naming servers things like 'hades' and the spam quarantine box was named 'purgatory'.

We also named the dogs... "Ping, Packet, and Daemon" (It makes sense to geeks).

It's on the Key to my TJ and I hate it. I always felt bad for Grand Chero owners that had it in the side cladding.
Yeah until a couple of months ago I had a 98 Grand Cherokee with that logo on the keys, and the dash, but it was less prominent than the "Jeep" logo...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

We should take example on the Aussies:

uteshow2fa2.jpg:wub: I think I'm in love

These machines are very popular with the "kids"... Do they still call them Petroleheads???

That has to be the ugliest car I have ever seen in my entire life. I wouldn't be caught DEAD driving it.

Archived