New York Islanders Rebranding

GFB

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to everyone for the props. Glad to see that you all enjoy it!

I need to address a few things regarding the series...

- I have been FLOODED with PMs and emails asking about my template and whether or not it is available. As of right now, it is not available. However, as I draw closer to completing the series, I will release it, similar to the way speedy released his template. So, all of you will just have to hold on tight for a few months before you can get it....

- If anyone who has the skills to put uniforms and teams into any of the NHL games are interested in turning a few of the concepts from this series into actual teams in the game, PM me. I would love to help out and see this happen.

- Starting with the next concept, I will release the name of the team I will be doing next. Now, I want this to be an interactive series, so I will be looking for advice and direction for that team. So, my next concept will be the Boston Bruins, so if you were going to post on this topic, I want it to look like this:

(Remember, only an example!!! ^_^ )

Amazing concept. The only thing I would change would be using the lighthouse logo on the 3rd jersey.

For the Bruins, I would get rid of Winnie the Pooh and the whole 3rd jersey altogether. I think it should have more of a classic feel than modern.

Can't wait to see what's next!

So what do you guys want to the Bruins do? The floor is now open.....

GFB

Over the past few months, I have been using my design skills to rebrand the NHL. Now it is common knowledge around here that the NHL is going to new jerseys next year and many teams will be getting new uniforms the next few years. So with such an opportunity, I tried my hand at redesigning the NHL....

First up was the New York Islanders. In their history, they have gone through one of the biggest rebranding flops of all time. Although the fans scared management into a classic makeover, they haven't achieved much success as a franchise since their four cups wins back in the early 80's.

On their present uniforms, they pay tribute to their run of cups by their 4 stripes they wear on their shoulder. I decided to bring those stripes into the new identity...

The Islanders tried to identify with the Montauk Lighthouse once, but ultimately failed along with the Fisherman. So I took a second stab at it. The new design features a shining lighthouse with 4 barber-pole stripes wrapping up the side, symbolizing the 4 Stanley Cups. The new secondary crest features the same idea as the Long Island logo, but with a modernized NY and ellipse. The alternate crest is a combination of the first two logos.....

New-York-Islanders.png

I love the idea, but I think that the wordmark with the lighthouse is the strongest logo, that should be on the blues and whites and the NY on the orange

Now I wanted to keep the jerseys relatively simple. So I went with an alternating four stripe pattern on the home and roads, giving it a vintage feel. The main crest is the secondary logo, edited to match each jersey. The shoulders display the new alternate logo.

I was really tempted to put the alternate logo as the main crest on the orange jersey, but I gave out to simplicity because of the simple jersey pattern....

New-York-Islanders-Uniforms.png

C&C please...

GFB

I absolutly love the concept, this is really an outstanding work.

I would love to see the lighthouse logo on a jersey tough.

AllyB96

Quest for the 25th : HABS ALL THE WAY !

Vincent Lecavalier - 1998 NHL Draft - 1st pick overall, TB - from Rimouski Oceanic, LHJMQ

lecavaliersignature.jpg

1996-1997 CHL Rookie of the Year -- 2003-2004 Stanley Cup Champion -- 2004 World Cup of Hockey Champion and MVP -- 2006-2007 Maurice 'Rocket' Richard Trophy Winner -- 2 Times NHL All-Stars Game Participant

For your bruins one I would like to see a mix of the past and the future. Perhaps a bear that is different than the other ones and the spokes logo aswell. Maybe even a new spokes logo that we have not seen. Lately it has always been stuff from the past coming back. IE the sabres, canucks and bruins third jerseys. Just a thought though.

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

UN-F-In'-BELIEVABLE :shocked:

ORANGE Rules!!!

The only minor issues (and I am being extremely nit-picky because of the quality of your work!!!) I see is the use of the same logo for the 3 shirts, maybe try a "Primary Mark" on the ALT?

AND...

the "R" and the "A" of Islanders look to similar to me...

I just love it!!!!

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

• 2 weeks later...

Love the colors, love the idea...but as an Islanders fan..If it doesn't contain our current logo..the fans will boo it..Doesn't mean I will..cause this jersey is outright awesome as with all your designs (Ottawa and Boston)

yankeesfansd4.png91140975269.png

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

• 3 weeks later...

Ghetto, I've gotta give you props again for this. Someone posted this concept in the Islanders forum over at HFBoards.com and 90% of the Isles fans liked or loved it - if we didn't have a logo steeped in tradition and glory, if we were a newer franchise, these jerseys would be perfect for us, though one person even remarked he liked the logo better than our current one. Even better with that tertiary mark with the lighthouse as the primary logo.

nhl-islanders-775x50.gifmlb-mariners-775x50.gifcfl-lions-775x50.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Fantastic redesign. 4.5 stars. Like the others have said, add the lighthouse logo, and it will look perfect.

Way to bring back a really old topic...hopefully now though people remember this series and maybe Ghetofarmboy will finnish it!

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Archived