Redskins Uniform Concept

-(dp)-

I really don't have a problem with what the 'skins wear now, but they could definitely be better. First off, I brought back the spear helmet. Yeah, I know, it isn't a huge surprise that someone would use that helmet in a concept, but I did change it a little bit. I changed the grey facemask, because it is no where else in the uniforms. Since this is not a true throwback, it doesn't need to have the grey facemask. I also used the shade of burgandy they used on those helmets, but I used the gold they currently wear.

On to the jerseys. I liked the spear on the sleeve of the 70th anniversary throwbacks, so I used it here, without the stripes though. Instead, I used the current two color half/half stripe, but used it only on the sleeve cuffs. I am not 100% sure, but I believe some players currently have the stripes on the cuffs, and some have them on the sleeves, but I don't like inconsistency like that, so these would only be on the cuffs. I used the same two-stripe pattern on the collar.

The pants I left stripeless, and instead put the indian head logo on the hip. I know they are kind of plain, but I didn't want to use the striping too much, and instead I used it on the socks. This way, the stripeless helmet won't look out of place, since the pants are also stripeless. C+C is appreciated.

Redskinsconcept.png

MegatronSig2.jpg

what most others that do Redskins concepts dont realize is that SIMPLICITY RULES! and this sir, rules. i'd love to see a white on white uni combo. another thing that i like that they did on the 70th anniversary unis and what you did is put the numbers on the shoulders instead of on the sleeves. definetly a timeless concept.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I think if you added the gold and white line on either side of the pants on the maroon road pants, this is perfect.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I don't know whether the Redskins had that spear helmet first or my beloved Florida State Seminoles did, and it's for that reason I have the hardest time looking at any Redskin concept?including the one I did a while back?that uses it objectively. BUT, from a design standpoint, this is very clean and could stand the test of time.

(Way off topic: am I the only one who found SERIOUS humor and irony in the fact that the Redskins wore the spear set with Steve Spurrier, who's more or less a Gator GOD, at the helm? Wonder just what the world was going through his mind that year, coaching a squad that, if one squinted a certain way, could have been almost mistaken for his former collegiate arch-nemesis???)

While maybe this would look a little more "NFL-ish" with pants striping, it certainly could work without it, too.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

This is a good start, but a few tweaks would improve this concept immensely. First off, I would take the red-yellow striping, and make it on the helmet and on the pants, which would make the jerseys consistent. Next, the sleeve spear doesn't work for me, because its too complicated to be a stripe. Thirdly, I would make the home jerseys white-on-white, which looks clean and cool. Other than that, they look sweet.

Overall: B

Here are some of the suggestions you guys had; white on white, maroon jersey with gold pants, and pants stripes. I like the gold pants. I thought about that, but then I forgot to try it. I think the white on white looks okay. The pants stripes though, I am not sure about. This leaves the helmet as the only thing without stripes, which doesn't work, IMO. Anyways, here are those suggestions.

redskinsuniforms2.png

MegatronSig2.jpg

Here are some of the suggestions you guys had; white on white, maroon jersey with gold pants, and pants stripes. I like the gold pants. I thought about that, but then I forgot to try it. I think the white on white looks okay. The pants stripes though, I am not sure about. This leaves the helmet as the only thing without stripes, which doesn't work, IMO. Anyways, here are those suggestions.

redskinsuniforms2.png

very nice, but gold pants just don't work here.

very nice, but gold pants just don't work here.

As much as I hate to say this, I have to agree with this. Normally, I am a huge proponent of having the 'Skins decked out in gold pants. But I think the bright athletic gold/mustard yellow is a tougher sell than the metallic, darker gold they wore with the 70th anniversary uniform. It could grow on me, and I always like to see teams with 2 non-white team colors try to use them instead of falling back on white for pants colors, since the 2nd team color often works well with both white (road jersey) and the team's other official color (home jersey).

That said, I also have to disagree with the idea that a stripeless helmet somehow "doesn't fit" with the rest of the uniform. There are a few teams with stripes all over the unis except the helmet; off the top of my head, I'll throw the Bears (major stripes pretty much everywhere, even the socks), Eagles, Patriots, Cardinals, Broncos and Vikings (although the piping nonsense on the last 3 teams' pants may or may not be stripes, depending on how you define them), and there may be more. It would work with the 'Skins, and it also solves the issue in their current uniform set, where the helmet stripes don't match the jersey or pants stripes. Taking the stripes off the helmet eliminates the mismatching!

All in all, I really like this concept. I've never been crazy about the white/white look, only because the Redskins have 2 really good colors that look great together (though I hate the 'Skins, and my high school's archrivals wore the same colors), and the white/white underutilizes that. The spear works on the helmet; I could see something like this going on the field one day. And I just snuck a peek; the gold pants are growing on me, just a little bit.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I love the gold pants with maroon combo, and the white on white. Great concept but I have a suggestion. Don't use the spear logo twice on the uniform (on the helmet and on the sleeves), I'd put another logo in the place of the one on the sleeves

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Well, everybody has very different opinions on this, so it is tough to get it so everyone likes it. I tried putting the indian head logo on the sleeve instead of the spear. I kind of like the spear better, but I like this too. I also added stripes to all of the pants. C+C please.

redskinsconcept3.png

MegatronSig2.jpg

Well, everybody has very different opinions on this, so it is tough to get it so everyone likes it. I tried putting the indian head logo on the sleeve instead of the spear. I kind of like the spear better, but I like this too. I also added stripes to all of the pants. C+C please.

redskinsconcept3.png

Home (#1) and Away #2 are the best. The gold pants just don't fly with the rest of the set. Maybe as an alternate set of pants to wear once or twice a season. I could really go with either logo on the sleeve. I do like the stripes on the pants and agree with VD (Vitamin D... never really thought about that abbreviated nickname for him... hmm... ) that the stripes can work even if it's not on the helmets, because those helmets are great the way they are, and stripes really do help the jersey and pants. Top notch work on this one my friend.

redskinsconcept3.png

Home (#1) and Away #2 are the best. The gold pants just don't fly with the rest of the set. Maybe as an alternate set of pants to wear once or twice a season. I could really go with either logo on the sleeve. I do like the stripes on the pants and agree with VD (Vitamin D... never really thought about that abbreviated nickname for him... hmm... ) that the stripes can work even if it's not on the helmets, because those helmets are great the way they are, and stripes really do help the jersey and pants. Top notch work on this one my friend.

I also think that the helmet doesn't need any stripes, because the spear can be understood as a stripe.

girardi-1.png

lyip4wfi.pngzc9hmqq6.png

Thanks KaTo

Wow. As close to perfect as I as a Redskins fan could hope for. Everything's there that makes a uniform work for me -- the true burgundy & gold, the two logos that define the franchise (FYI: Skins went to spear before FSU, but it stayed all of about five years), the gold pants (I'm old enough to remember pre-1979 when it was only gold pants) and the simplicity of it all. Heck, there's not even pipling around the numbers.

Bravissimo.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Archived