Miami Hurricanes Baseball to Wear Black Uniforms

Hemi711

They mucked up basketball like this (before the new design for next year). How long until football gets them? This is sad, since the green/orange/white is a unique combo and works out well. They need to also on baseball/basketball outline the numbers in their secondary color! This uni is ugly and unneeded. :(

KISSwall09.jpg

Fill in the blanks:

CORAL GABLES, Fla. - - The University of Miami baseball team will unveil a new look in the 2007 Atlantic Coast Conference Tournament which starts Wed. May 27 at the Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville (Fla.). The Hurricanes will sport the baseball program's first ever black uniform.

In keeping with Nike's mission for performance enhancement to produce the ____ performance apparel on the playing field, the company came up with a new look for Hurricane baseball. The uniform consists of a black game top, black hat with orange bill, black and orange batting helmet and black batting gloves. UM also will use two black Nike bats - the torque and fuse bats.

"Nike likes to ____ things up in their on-field apparel and felt like they had not done it with baseball in a while," Miami equipment and travel coordinator Robert 'G.M.' McDaniel said. "We came up with a black uniform, which was an idea our players have liked for a while. Even though black is not a university color, Coach (Jim) Morris agreed to it. Nike has always been good to the University of Miami and created very ____ uniforms."

They've had black jerseys for a few years. I guess their busting out the full look with black hats and maybe even black pants.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I'm not really an Oklahoma fan, but I've always loved their simple color scheme of crimson and white, er, sorry, crimson and cream. Those black alts, while maybe a somewhat decent color combination itself, just doesn't look right for OU, especially with the horrible underarm things that so many schools are doing nowadays.

I'm not sure if these fall in to the black category but they're pretty ugly nonetheless. I saw these on TV last night and you could barely see the front numbers and the back numbers looked to be 6". This picture doesn't capture the ugliness that I saw last night but UNC needs to stick to white, navy and carolina blue for their uni combinations.

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/school...on/1130134.jpeg

I'm not sure if these fall in to the black category but they're pretty ugly nonetheless. I saw these on TV last night and you could barely see the front numbers and the back numbers looked to be 6". This picture doesn't capture the ugliness that I saw last night but UNC needs to stick to white, navy and carolina blue for their uni combinations.

Wow. A Nike/Jordan school in unnecessary black... How would we have ever guessed? <_<

Also from the "Pointless Black Uniform" file, Oklahoma (another Nike baseball school) is wearing black uniforms for the Big 12 baseball tournament.

KKHKNNGIWOMAZVU.20070524055146.jpgCHAJYSNCDYOURQT.20070524055148.jpg

heh, wouldn't teh fact that OSU wears black be enough to put the kibosh on this one in the planning stages? guess not.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

That looks Navy to me.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Archived