NFL Helmet Poster

random_ax

Anyone know what year the Steelers wore the yellow helmet? I seem to recall something like '62 or '63 but I might be a few years off..

the steelers wore a yellow helmet from c.1935 thru 1942 and from 1945 thru 1962. the helemt was plain yellow until 1953, when they added a black stripe. they added the players unifom numbers on both sides of the helmet from 1957 thru 1961.

the pirates (what the steelers were called 1933-1939) had a natural colored leather helmet in 1933 and 1934. when they were the "steagles" in 1943 they wore the eagles silver and green helmet and when they were the "card-pitt" entry in 1944 they wore the cardinals plain white helmet. also they wore a white helmet for several games in 1941 and a black helmet for an early season game in 1942.

the yellow helmet that they are wearing this season is based on what they wore for the last half of the 1962 season.

hth.

tb

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could save yourself the trouble of making a poster and just get one of these...

RBKNFLalloverAFC-red.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

There is an error with the yellow Steelers helmet. The logo on the yellow helmet they wore in the early 60's simply said "Steel" rather than "Steelers"

vintagesteelers2.gif

Well, the original helmet had a Gray facemask instead of a Black one as well, so I would conclude that these are pseudo-throwbacks anyway...

I've been thinking about doing something like this for awhile, but I don't have many NFL wordmarks.

I did this Packers one real quick to see what it might look like.

greenbayposter.png

Dude.. thats kick ass... i'd love to have this per team, per year helmet change. I'd even donate work and money to get a version for my own wall use!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

i think it would look better with either more or less white "glow"

either no glow, and just helmet on background... or enough glow that it looks less muddy in that area.

either way, it is gorgeous.

I am hopeful Los Angeles will eventually gain an NFL franchise - either as an expansion team or if an existing team relocates to LA.

Paynomind,

Your Packers design looks terrific.

Leonard

LEONARD WEIRICH

FAN OF THE WASHINGTON NATIONALS SINCE 2005

LOVE THOSE NATS!!!

It may look better if you had that Titans and Redskins helmet on opposite sides of the NFL, SB, and Pro Bowl logo, with the NFL, SB, and PB logos centered in the white space b/w the two (because obviously with only 6 columns, you can't have an equal white space without making those 3 centered).

...or is there still more to come?

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

It may look better if you had that Titans and Redskins helmet on opposite sides of the NFL, SB, and Pro Bowl logo, with the NFL, SB, and PB logos centered in the white space b/w the two (because obviously with only 6 columns, you can't have an equal white space without making those 3 centered).

Yeah, I'll keep playing with the layout...I don't like it either.

I'm also still waiting to see what additional throwbacks/alts get put on the schedule. I'll add the Redskins' "R" helmet if it is for sure being used, and I've also got a number of throwback helmets/uniforms for other teams if they also will be using them in 2007.

Yeah, I'll keep playing with the layout...I don't like it either.

I'm also still waiting to see what additional throwbacks/alts get put on the schedule. I'll add the Redskins' "R" helmet if it is for sure being used, and I've also got a number of throwback helmets/uniforms for other teams if they also will be using them in 2007.

Since it is the 2007 season, how's about changing that Browns throwback helmet to "07".....

• 4 months later...

Archived