Tampa Bay Baseball

Krona

I was messing around with an interlocking TB and I was left with something that resembled a Japanese character. I ran with that and invented the Tampa Bay Neptunes, a possible solution to the Rays mess:

Tampa-Bay-MLB.gif

**UPDATE**

Just to clear it up, there aren't any gradients, just a drop shadow for presentations sake. I wasn't going for a Japanese look, I was just inspired by the TB. Japanese Baseball uniforms, however have some flair. Given that they borrow from our uni styles, why not borrow from theirs. I think this is more modern-mythology than japanese, but here you go:

Tampa-Bay-Neptunes.gif

Yes, if this were an Anime league or something, I think you nailed it.

Im not sure about any practical usage....I like a lot of it, but to be used it would need to be simplified big time....too many gradients/tiny details that would get lost in reproduction on jerseys and on tv and the drop shadow would have to go.

Nice job on the logo, I just don't see what's so Japanese about Tampa.

You should try something like this for the Mariners.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. Other than the new player we just signed from Japan, we aren't that much of a Japanese town, mostly we're a hispanic style society.

As a concept I love it....maybe you can connect the idea to Japan...or another team like the Mariners, is a good idea.

I understand where you started but things like this always change. If you want this to be a "portfolio peice" I think making it make sense makes the most sense, since you dont have a definite client.

Wow! This is by far the most forward-thinking logo design I've seen on this board. Outstanding.

I wouldn't change a thing to this, i.e getting rid of the detail, gradients or drop shadows because this logo represents the future of sports logos.

With HDTV taking over, logos can be pretty rich and detailed with complex lighting rendering. It will only improve as time goes on. Look at all the graphics for NBC sports, Fox sports etc. The flashier the better and I think sports teams will follow suit. So don't feel like you have to strip away all the detail inorder for it to be "realistic". The purpose of this board is to create forward thinking concepts.

I would actually like to see you go the other direction than everyone else wants you to. I say try to put more deatil in the TB element. Maybe work with transparency and warping to make it wrap on the baseball and explore rotating it to add some more interesting angles. Even try increasing the contrast of lights and darks to give it more dramatic lighting.

Awesome work, man. I really like the direction you're going.

I'm not too keen on that number font on the jerseys ... I mean, you went completely futuristic with everything else, but then went with a traditional, old-style font there. I'd go with something that keeps that futuristic consistency up a little better.

Definately a top-notch concept, but it doesn't fit the identity of Tampa Bay...Love the "TB" logo though. Not a fan of the surfacing bubbles. Otherwise, a great job!

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Try a number font more similar to the hat logo and you win. And by the way, it sort of translates to TB very loosely with the water theme and since they have signed a premier Japanese 3B. It may just translate to many sales in the Japanese demographic. You never know.

Try a number font more similar to the hat logo and you win. And by the way, it sort of translates to TB very loosely with the water theme and since they have signed a premier Japanese 3B. It may just translate to many sales in the Japanese demographic. You never know.

The Tampa Bay Golden Girls or Tampa Bay North-Of-The-Commie-Country's would probably provide more sales than trying to appeal to the Japanese demographic. I am sure there are 5689456894 times more old people and people from latin america than japanese in that area. Just an assumption...

And my god, can your sig be any larger? Can't you cut it in size by at least half... if not more?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I really like them, for the most part. Nice colors, and good logo concept.

The interlocking TB I'm also not crazy about, the letters aren't obvious enough. Did you notice that the cap TB is slightly different than the road jersey TB? There is more spacing on the road jersey logo, which I think works better.

Also, the home jersey not having any red in it, while the road jersey being primarily gray with red is a little off for my tastes. It's one thing to have an accent color appear on one set but not the other (Tigers orange, for instance) but this is too extreme a difference.

Wow! This is by far the most forward-thinking logo design I've seen on this board. Outstanding.

I wouldn't change a thing to this, i.e getting rid of the detail, gradients or drop shadows because this logo represents the future of sports logos.

With HDTV taking over, logos can be pretty rich and detailed with complex lighting rendering. It will only improve as time goes on. Look at all the graphics for NBC sports, Fox sports etc. The flashier the better and I think sports teams will follow suit. So don't feel like you have to strip away all the detail inorder for it to be "realistic". The purpose of this board is to create forward thinking concepts.

I would actually like to see you go the other direction than everyone else wants you to. I say try to put more deatil in the TB element. Maybe work with transparency and warping to make it wrap on the baseball and explore rotating it to add some more interesting angles. Even try increasing the contrast of lights and darks to give it more dramatic lighting.

Awesome work, man. I really like the direction you're going.

This, from the guy who did what may be the most seminal Rays concept on these boards.

And I could not agree more. I couldn't care how the Japanese influence would affect the Latino-influenced society. This is absolutely gorgeous. I have no complaints at all. I am in love with this concept, from the name to the colors to the design. Great googily moogily, that's nice.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

• 2 weeks later...

Grubstreet -

I totally dig this concept. I like everything about it (I do tend to lean toward modern designs though).

I'm a huge cap fan too, and if I were you I would have a custom hat embroidered just for kicks. One with the secondary logo would look sweet as well...just a novelty cap.

Great job.

titans.png

Archived