NHL Off-Season 2007

TSN is reporting Adrian Aucoin has waived his no-trade clause, paving the way for a deal sending him to the Flames

Apparently, Dave Nonis is working hard on trading up with Philly to get the 2nd pick and select Kyle Turris, but I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

If Nonis can pull off a deal for a second straight year, wow, then I'll be ecstatic for sure, this guy knows how to deal! Scheider is a useful trading piece now. The Canucks obviously don't need him with Luey around for hopefully the rest of his career, and I've heard Ohlund is a tradeable piece as well. Scouts are also saying that Turris is one of the best interviews, and that he is very mature, so he'll have no problems coming into any locker room.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who do you guys think will go first?

I think Chicago should pick up Turris.

I honestly don't know enough about the players to know who should go first. Every media report seems to indicate that Kane is a lock to go 1st.

Also, I am going to be stuck at work for the first hour of the draft. Gah!

Yeah, the word on the street has been Chicago will take Kane for awhile now. Apparently, the reasoning is that Kane will sign right away and have a shot to make the team next season, while the other top players have all indicated they will go to college. Also, Chicago isn't terribly concerned about Kane's size and they need some offensive playmaking, which he brings.

TSN is reporting Adrian Aucoin has waived his no-trade clause, paving the way for a deal sending him to the Flames

Apparently, Dave Nonis is working hard on trading up with Philly to get the 2nd pick and select Kyle Turris, but I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

If Nonis can pull off a deal for a second straight year, wow, then I'll be ecstatic for sure, this guy knows how to deal! Scheider is a useful trading piece now. The Canucks obviously don't need him with Luey around for hopefully the rest of his career, and I've heard Ohlund is a tradeable piece as well. Scouts are also saying that Turris is one of the best interviews, and that he is very mature, so he'll have no problems coming into any locker room.

Philly wants at least a roster player to moev that #2 pick, the question is, does Vancouver have anyone that Philly would be interested in?

Schneider may be packaged with Ohland or Morrison to move up in the draft, but if that happens, I want to see more than a pick come back. Problem is, I also don't see anyone in the Flyers organization worth trading for.

Schneider is a good commodity for a team looking to move salary or needs help in goal (hello, Florida!), since between Luongo and McIntyre (the goalie of the future), the 'Nucks should be set for the next decade or so.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Philly wants at least a roster player to moev that #2 pick, the question is, does Vancouver have anyone that Philly would be interested in?

Schneider may be packaged with Ohland or Morrison to move up in the draft, but if that happens, I want to see more than a pick come back. Problem is, I also don't see anyone in the Flyers organization worth trading for.

Schneider is a good commodity for a team looking to move salary or needs help in goal (hello, Florida!), since between Luongo and McIntyre (the goalie of the future), the 'Nucks should be set for the next decade or so.

I think Schneider and the 25th for the 2nd would be fair. Lots of teams don't have very good goalie prospects and with no goalies that are first round talent this is the time to trade Schneider.

If Morrison or Ohlund are traded I would love it. It would give the Canucks some cap space to sign a good free agent or a couple of second/third line players.

Well, the Leafs certainly improved their goaltending, didn't they? I hate it.

back to the Nucks for a second- just thinking, if they move Ohlund, who's their #4 defenseman? Bourdon just isn't ready for top 4 status, does that mean Edler gets pushed into the rotation? They can try and trade, but good cheap defensemen aren't easy to come by...if they were around, then they could've gotten better than Sopel (sp?) at the deadline last season.

It'd be a helluva risk, especially if Edler and Bourdon can't make the jump from AHL to top 4. Might be better off moving Cooke and his 2M+ contract...

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The Leafs got screwed in the that trade. Not bad trade in who we got, but dam why give up the first round pick ? Unless jfj has some back up planned, then I'm fine, but dam, I just got some other reason why to hate jfj lol.

I'll just add to this that rumor has it that jfj is guna try to trade one of his D's for a draft pick....

4kv29i.jpg

Well, the Leafs certainly improved their goaltending, didn't they? I hate it.

back to the Nucks for a second- just thinking, if they move Ohlund, who's their #4 defenseman? Bourdon just isn't ready for top 4 status, does that mean Edler gets pushed into the rotation? They can try and trade, but good cheap defensemen aren't easy to come by...if they were around, then they could've gotten better than Sopel (sp?) at the deadline last season.

It'd be a helluva risk, especially if Edler and Bourdon can't make the jump from AHL to top 4. Might be better off moving Cooke and his 2M+ contract...

Lukas Krajicek could be the number 4 man. Edler in the games he played last year held his own and I think should be full time next year. Sopel could be re signed for cheap since he loves Vancouver and says he want to stay here. Bourdon should play with the Moose next year to get some experience and could be the number 7 defense man. There always free agency to maybe Nolan Baumgartner back. Daniel Rahimi or Yannick Tremblay could fill come in to.

Back to the Maple Leafs trade they got screwed big time. Mark Bell sucked last year and they already had Raycroft who I thought played well last year. Are they going to have a tandem of Toskela and Raycroft? Or try and move Raycoft. Either way the Leafs need to get younger and begin drafting some good players

And the Predators firesale is in FULL SWING!

Last one in Nashville, pls turn off the lights.

Maybe they just wanted to give Chris Mason the number one job? I doubt it but you could look at it that way.

And the Predators firesale is in FULL SWING!

Last one in Nashville, pls turn off the lights.

Maybe they just wanted to give Chris Mason the number one job? I doubt it but you could look at it that way.

That's what the Preds press release says:

We saw Chris Mason emerge as a No. 1 goaltender in 2006-07 and with full confidence in Chris and Pekka Rinne, we felt as if we could make this move, said Poile. Mason won 24 games for us this past season, starting 21 in a row at one point, and finished with the second-highest save percentage [.925] in the NHL.

In addition, this trade will help restock our organizational assets and affords our team more payroll flexibility. We now have two first-round picks in 2008, which is projected to be a strong Entry Draft.

Saw David Poile interviewed on TSN after Nashville's draft pick, and he pretty much said straight out that the owner of the team, because of the losses he's taken over the last few years is mandating a low payroll this year.

He also said directly that its up to the corporate support in Nashville to get Nashville to 14000 season tickets, which he pointed out is "well below" the league average, if the team is going to stay there.

No real blockbuster deals at the draft, unfortunately. The biggest story seemed to be the Russian kid whose name I am not even going to attempt and Angelo Esposito slipping into the late teens. A year ago, Esposito was looked on as being a #1 pick, but his production fell because Radulov went pro with Nashville, so he slides all the way to the Pens, where he's going to be playing with awesome talent again. I suspect the Penguins just got even more dangerous.

Archived