NHL Off-Season 2007

As for Forsberg, I'd welcome him back as long as his role was understood from the outset.

You mean "On Injured Reserve While Eating Up Vital Salary Cap Space"?

He's got that down pat. Go for it Philly.

No movement is just what is says. You can't trade or even waive the player. I also heard you can't even buy the player out although I'm not sure about that. Pretty much if they under perform for what ever reason the team is stuck.

Can't waive or even buy out the player? :shocked: That "no movement" seems to imply something along the lines of the old baseball reserve clause, only this time the team is a slave to the player. Holy crap! And to have to live under that clause for how many years? EIGHT? Insanity.

Oh yea, how much do you think your Briere Buffaslug jersey will be going for on ebay next week? It's gonna be ugly and I'm not talking about just the logo...

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for Forsberg, I'd welcome him back as long as his role was understood from the outset.

No movement is just what is says. You can't trade or even waive the player. I also heard you can't even buy the player out although I'm not sure about that. Pretty much if they under perform for what ever reason the team is stuck.

Can't waive or even buy out the player? :shocked: That "no movement" seems to imply something along the lines of the old baseball reserve clause, only this time the team is a slave to the player. Holy crap! And to have to live under that clause for how many years? EIGHT? Insanity.

Oh yea, how much do you think your Briere Buffaslug jersey will be going for on ebay next week? It's gonna be ugly and I'm not talking about just the logo...

Bryan McCabe also signed a no movement clause with Toronto last year. This very reason is what led to two die-hard Leafs fans of 40+ years that I know personally to break off all support to the Leafs until he is gone because he is such a bad defenceman and they know that Toronto is not winning the Cup with him on the team.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

See this is why I love the Flyers, and pretty much cnat stand the Phillies. Yea I know it's been over 30 years since their last cup, but at least they are putting forth the effort. Ed Snider hates to lose, he will do whatever it takes to keep this organization among the elite in the league. I applaud this move, and am really starting to look forward to next season.

I agree. Even when the moves don't work out (and they usually don't) at least he's out there trying as hard as anyone. His downfall is his loyalty, which is what eventually nearly destroyed the franchise (specifically his loyalty to Clarke.) Frankly, I'm surprised Paul Holmgren has been this aggressive. It's way better than the apathy shown by the suits across the parking lot. These moves could destroy the franchise - I guess they're basically going all-in here.

Which is why he couldn't be paid a high salary. The Flyers basically ignored his injury proneness, which obviously was short sighted. If they can get him for next to nothing and be prepared to not have him at any time, then do it (unless they have better players for that last roster spot, which is doubtful).

Oh yea, how much do you think your Briere Buffaslug jersey will be going for on ebay next week? It's gonna be ugly and I'm not talking about just the logo...;

I have to read more about this - that just doesn't seem right. I can see no cut / no trade (though I wouldn't give one out) but no buy-out? I can't believe that the Flyers would get themselves into such a risky situation without an out.

*runs off to do some research*

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Oh Thanks JFJ, you have just paired our top centre with a winger who is only two years younger at age 34 and are keeping him around for 4 (or 5, I'm reading different reports) years. This just made my day... and to think I thought JFJ would be smart enough not to sign this over-achiever... but I was wrong. To think he passed up on Drury and Gomez and even others who are much better for this guy... I can't see him getting 50 points, nay, 40 points. Thanks for all the stress JFJ, I really appreciate it!!! <3

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

finally got rid of Fernandez. I bet our next signing will be Jason Blake.

I hope so. The Wild need some depth up front, and Blake, a Minnesotan, is an ideal choice marketing-wise as well as for what he can bring to the team. They have as good a top line as anyone in the league, but their depth drops off quickly after that. Minnesota paid for their lack of forward depth against the Ducks' defensive buzzsaw.

As for Fernandez, Niklas Backstrom upstaged him this past season, but what really made Fernandez expendable with the Wild was the emergence of Josh Harding as a solid backup. He looked pretty solid for a rookie in 2006-07, and might even give Backstrom a run for his money for the starting role.

CCSLC signature.png

I hope so. The Wild need some depth up front, and Blake, a Minnesotan, is an ideal choice marketing-wise as well as for what he can bring to the team. They have as good a top line as anyone in the league, but their depth drops off quickly after that. Minnesota paid for their lack of forward depth against the Ducks' defensive buzzsaw.

As for Fernandez, Niklas Backstrom upstaged him this past season, but what really made Fernandez expendable with the Wild was the emergence of Josh Harding as a solid backup. He looked pretty solid for a rookie in 2006-07, and might even give Backstrom a run for his money for the starting role.

I think Blake already signed w/ TOR.....

Chris Drury to NYR 5Y/35.25M, per TSN

Also, Caps sign former Islander Viktor Kozlov....and the pillaging of the Isles' roster continues....

espnsig.gif

So... you didn't read my post before you decided to post this, did ya? :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

The Flyers trade Joni Pitkanen and Geoff Sanderson to the Edmonton Oilers for Joffrey Lupul and Jason Smith.

---

Great trade for the Oilers. Pitkanen is a big upgrade over aging Jason Smith in a position where Edmonton needed a lot of help

So... you didn't read my post before you decided to post this, did ya? :P

D'oh! I was away over the weekend, just got back home and skimmed through the last couple days' posts. Last I heard yesterday, Blake was still on the market.

CCSLC signature.png

Well according to Sportsnet.ca Drury has also signed on with the Rangers, they scare me so much now.....

Jason Blake signs a four year deal with the leafs.

Yeah, I gotta say, I'm impressed with the Rangers. I figured they'd land one of the major UFAs, but not two.

Still no Ryan Smith signing is suprising, I would have figured he'd be signed somewhere by now, but it seems like he's the last major guy out there now, so he can probably really pick and choose.

Oh, and snap, the Penguins signed Danny Sabourin. I guess we need a new guy to sit on the bench and admire Luogno now. :D

Viktor Kozlov to the Caps, per TSN's tracker.

Archived