NHL Off-Season 2007

Wow I knew Gomez was leaving the Devils but to go the Rangers and for them to get Drury too, watch out the Rangers are going to be tough next year.

That's what I thought too when they had Gretzky and Messier.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8:21pm et

The Pittsburgh Penguins have signed G Dany Sabourin to a two-year deal worth $1.025 million.

Not groundbreaking news, but he did well in Wilkes-Barre so hopefully MA Fluery has a good backup.

8:21pm et

The Pittsburgh Penguins have signed G Dany Sabourin to a two-year deal worth $1.025 million.

Not groundbreaking news, but he did well in Wilkes-Barre so hopefully MA Fluery has a good backup.

Where does this leave Thibault? I thought he had signed a 3 year contract 2 summers ago... but I could be wrong.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Wow I knew Gomez was leaving the Devils but to go the Rangers and for them to get Drury too, watch out the Rangers are going to be tough next year.

That's what I thought too when they had Gretzky and Messier.

This is all too true. Making a big splash in free agency doesn't necessarily equate to results. Though Drury and Gomez are both fairly young, so the Rangers have really solidified their future.

I dearly hope the Canucks can pick up a little scoring depth from the UFA market somewhere. Kariya is appealing because he's from here, but he probably will command too much cash, and he might not want the attention that would come with playing in his home town.

These moves could destroy the franchise - I guess they're basically going all-in here.

You ever watch poker on TV? There's that one guy who's "All-in" with a 90% chance of winning the pot.

And then comes The River Card...

...the Samsonov of Clubs. :mad:

As for Forsberg, I'd welcome him back as long as his role was understood from the outset.

You mean "On Injured Reserve While Eating Up Vital Salary Cap Space"?

He's got that down pat. Go for it Philly.

Which is why he couldn't be paid a high salary. The Flyers basically ignored his injury proneness, which obviously was short sighted. If they can get him for next to nothing and be prepared to not have him at any time, then do it

Hell, they can get ME for next to nothing and be prepared not to have me at any time. They'd be better off signing someone with two working feet - if they can afford anyone else at this point.

Ed Snider signed the wrong Sabre.

Agreed.

Sucky day in Sabreland all around. They lost their heart and soul and kept the jerseys. 0-3.

Has any team EVER lost TWO captains on the same day??? Sheesh. :(

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

These moves could destroy the franchise - I guess they're basically going all-in here.

You ever watch poker on TV? There's that one guy who's "All-in" with a 90% chance of winning the pot.

And then comes The River Card...

...the Samsonov of Clubs. :mad:

As for Forsberg, I'd welcome him back as long as his role was understood from the outset.

You mean "On Injured Reserve While Eating Up Vital Salary Cap Space"?

He's got that down pat. Go for it Philly.

Which is why he couldn't be paid a high salary. The Flyers basically ignored his injury proneness, which obviously was short sighted. If they can get him for next to nothing and be prepared to not have him at any time, then do it

Hell, they can get ME for next to nothing and be prepared not to have me at any time. They'd be better off signing someone with two working feet - if they can afford anyone else at this point.

Ed Snider signed the wrong Sabre.

Agreed.

Sucky day in Sabreland all around. They lost their heart and soul and kept the jerseys. 0-3.

Has any team EVER lost TWO captains on the same day??? Sheesh. :(

You have to wonder what Regier was thinking - or if he already knew the two were destined to walk. I don't mind them missing out on Briere, as the contract Philly was offering wasn't Yashin-level crazy, but damn near close (did I read 8 years??), but losing Drury has to really hurt. And not even to the Western Conference, as was rumored.

EDMONTON, Alberta --

The Edmonton Oilers acquired defenseman Joni Pitkanen and forward Geoff Sanderson from the Philadelphia Flyers on Sunday for defenseman Jason Smith and forward Joffrey Lupul.

Pretty good news for the Rangers.

Plucking Gomez away from New Jersey is unbelievable.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

EDMONTON, Alberta --

The Edmonton Oilers acquired defenseman Joni Pitkanen and forward Geoff Sanderson from the Philadelphia Flyers on Sunday for defenseman Jason Smith and forward Joffrey Lupul.

Maybe some of you Flyer fans can tell me why they wanted to get rid of Pitkanen so much. He had over 40 points the last two years and seems like a great puck moving d man and pretty similar to Kimmo Timmonen.

Alright Wild fans, give me the real story on this guy.

Don't sugarcoat it....

I'll give it to you from his days in Ottawa: A hard worker, can be relied on from 15-25 goals, especially in a high-octane system, but shares Marian Hossa's magical powers of disappearing come playoff time.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

EDMONTON, Alberta --

Maybe some of you Flyer fans can tell me why they wanted to get rid of Pitkanen so much. He had over 40 points the last two years and seems like a great puck moving d man and pretty similar to Kimmo Timmonen.

I'm by no means a Flyers fan, but I've never really thought Joni was anything special. I've seen my share of Flyers games, and, at least from what I've noticed, he's out of position more times than desired. Offensively, he's not bad.

TSN reporting Smyth is now an Ave for 31.25/5 years.

and the Isles purge would be complete. Last free-agent out please turn off the light as the LIPA bill was way too high last year.

TSN reporting Smyth is now an Ave for 31.25/5 years.

and the Isles purge would be complete. Last free-agent out please turn off the light as the LIPA bill was way too high last year.

And people thought Garth Snow would be an improvment...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived