NHL Off-Season 2007

Guerin inks two-year deal with Islanders

The New York Islanders today signed veteran forward Bill Guerin to a two-year contract worth $4.5 million a year. Guerin played in 77 games with the St. Louis Blues and San Jose Sharks in 2006-07, recording 36 goals.

:cursing::cursing:

i'm putting forth the motion to strip the isles of the long island logo/uniforms and replace it with the fisherman, until they earn the right to wear the LI logo/unis again.

Why inflict the painful sight of those eyesores on us non-Islander fans? What did we do to deserve that kind of punishment?

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guerin inks two-year deal with Islanders

The New York Islanders today signed veteran forward Bill Guerin to a two-year contract worth $4.5 million a year. Guerin played in 77 games with the St. Louis Blues and San Jose Sharks in 2006-07, recording 36 goals.

:cursing::cursing:

i'm putting forth the motion to strip the isles of the long island logo/uniforms and replace it with the fisherman, until they earn the right to wear the LI logo/unis again.

Why inflict the painful sight of those eyesores on us non-Islander fans? What did we do to deserve that kind of punishment?

your right, they don't even deserve to wear fisherman. until they earn the right to even play in fisherman/lighthouse sets, they can play in the new eyesores that they will unviel.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Hasek, Hudler re-sign with Wings

Dominik Hasek signed a one-year deal for $2 million with another $2 million in incentives which depend on playoff success. Jiri Hudler signed a 2-year, $1.015 million deal with the Wings as well.

Not exactly the most exciting offseason for Wings fans, but it should be a cinch to win the Central. <_<

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

Thomas Vanek has signed an offer sheet with the Edmonton Oilers. 7 years 50 million. If Buffalo does not match they get 4 first round draft picks.

So Edmonton would have to give Buffalo 4 future first round picks? How exactly would Buffalo get 4 first rounders if they hadn't matched?

It's crazy that a third year player will be making that much. I don't think the owners had this in mind during the lockout. This never used to happen before, did it?

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Wow Lowe scrwwed Buffalo over huge. Made them pay big bucks for Vanek.

LOL! I like that Lowe essentially gave it to them ROUGH.

Rumours are flying that Darcy pleaded with Lowe not to bid on Vanek - and he did anyway. Broke the bank on him, too. Ballsy, ballsy, ballsy.

How exactly would Buffalo get 4 first rounders if they hadn't matched?

Buffalo would have received Edmontons 1st round picks over the next 4 years. I'm pretty sure no restricted FA has signed with another team so this has never happened. In fact, I think this is only the 2nd or 3rd case of an offer sheet being signed. The other being Fedorov with Carolina. Sakic with the Rangers might have been another. It doesn't make other GM's in the league happy. :cursing:

The Flyers did it with Ryan Kesler too. Man my memory is getting bad in the old age.

Buffalo would have received Edmontons 1st round picks over the next 4 years. I'm pretty sure no restricted FA has signed with another team so this has never happened. In fact, I think this is only the 2nd or 3rd case of an offer sheet being signed. The other being Fedorov with Carolina. Sakic with the Rangers might have been another. It doesn't make other GM's in the league happy. :cursing:

The Flyers did it with Ryan Kesler too. Man my memory is getting bad in the old age.

It happened when Scott Stevens jumped from Washington to St. Louis in 1990. Washington got the next 5 of St. Louis' first round picks. And in 1991 Stevens was sent to New Jersey as compensation for the Blues signing Shanahan as a restricted free agent.

Isles sign Mike Comrie 1 year $3.375 million.

I think you can do worse than Mike Comrie. Lotta money though, but the Isles have lost so much salary they probably need to spend some to make the minimum at this point. :grin:

If only they had thought to give diPietro even more money over the course of his 15 year contract... :P

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

That's right!! I think that's before it was a set compensation, and the 5 picks pretty much stopped anyone else from doing it.

Well except the Blues 'cause they did it again the very next year. :P

Wow Lowe scrwwed Buffalo over huge. Made them pay big bucks for Vanek.

LOL! I like that Lowe essentially gave it to them ROUGH.

Rumours are flying that Darcy pleaded with Lowe not to bid on Vanek - and he did anyway. Broke the bank on him, too. Ballsy, ballsy, ballsy.

Indeed. I'm impressed with Lowe for doing it, though I dont like the escalation in salaries it provides, such as Kesler making 1.9 million courtesy of the offer sheet philly slung at him the other year.

The Leafs sent Mattias Ohlund one in I believe 1997 when Pat Quinn was still with the Nucks.

untitled-6.jpg

Archived