NHL Off-Season 2007

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kyle Calder to LA too....the Kings seem to be furiously retooling...I like it.

Also, Owen Nolan is going to Calgary.

Maybe the Leafs can dump Raycroft on them, as Cloutier ain't cutting it!

untitled-6.jpg

Kyle Calder to LA too....the Kings seem to be furiously retooling...I like it.

Also, Owen Nolan is going to Calgary.

Maybe the Leafs can dump Raycroft on them, as Cloutier ain't cutting it!

Sadly at this point I'd be happy with Raycroft....of course I would prefer that they find a way to trade for Bryzgalov from the Ducks, but I highly doubt that would happen.

espnsig.gif

Canadiens sign Roman Hamrlik & Smolinski

MONTREAL (CP) - Forget cold weather and high taxes: Roman Hamrlik loves playing hockey in Canada.

The Czech defenceman signed a US$22-million, four-year contract as an unrestricted free agent on Monday with the Montreal Canadiens - his third team in the Great White North after stints in Edmonton and, most recently, Calgary.

The Canadiens also inked two-way centre Bryan Smolinski to a one-year deal for $2 million, with a no-trade clause. Smolinski had 18 goals and 26 assists for Chicago and Vancouver last season.

And at the end of day 2 of the free agent signing period it appears that the Islanders did a whole lot of nothing. Snow is proving to be a very inept GM. Bring back Don Maloney!!!

man i am so excited about the Caps signings, Nyles was the kicker, we finally have the pieces we have lacked, veteran presence and composure. they arent blockbuster deals, but they fill voids. i couldnt be happier, well unless we had gotten Drury, but :censored: happens right?

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

And at the end of day 2 of the free agent signing period it appears that the Islanders did a whole lot of nothing. Snow is proving to be a very inept GM. Bring back Don Maloney!!!

What, you thought he was actually going to do something? Remember, his "signings" were DiPietro... Neil Smith made the others before he got there...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Like I needed more reasons to despise Anaheim. :mad:

Lang to Chicago.

Oh come on! The Blackhawks have now done more in free agency than the Wild. What in the hell did we trade Fernandez and his salary in time for free agency for if it wasn't to free up some money to go shopping? Damn it!

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

So.... any word on whether the Sabres plan to put a team on the ice this year?

Anyone? Anything?

Argh!

the same could be said about the Isles...

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Don't think this has been brought up, but the Ducks have signed Todd Bertuzzi for 2 years.

On a side note, I like what the Kings are doing. Hopefully they make the playoffs this year, although a goalie might help.

So.... any word on whether the Sabres plan to put a team on the ice this year?

Anyone? Anything?

Argh!

the same could be said about the Isles...

Isles will be playing in the ECHL next season at the rate they're going.

Like I needed more reasons to despise Anaheim. :mad:

Lang to Chicago.

Oh come on! The Blackhawks have now done more in free agency than the Wild. What in the hell did we trade Fernandez and his salary in time for free agency for if it wasn't to free up some money to go shopping? Damn it!

Meh, I wouldn't be too upset by missing out on Robert Lang. He was great when the Wings picked him up before the lockout, but he seems to have lost a step or two since.

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

Why in the world would any team give Hamrlik a 5.2 milion dollar deal per year for 4 years? That's just a bit excessive... <_<

So Paul joins Martin in St. Louis, interesting. Apparently, Martin Kariya has a good shot at making the team in the coming year.

I also heard the Blues may have signed the next Niklas Backstrom, in Finnish goalie Juuso Riksman.

So Paul joins Martin in St. Louis, interesting. Apparently, Martin Kariya has a good shot at making the team in the coming year.

I also heard the Blues may have signed the next Niklas Backstrom, in Finnish goalie Juuso Riksman.

Martin's chances of making the Blues are slim to none. We've got one too many forwards (if you're going on the 12 it takes to fill the lines) that the Blues like at the NHL level right now as things currently stand.

Paul and Martin will get to play together in camp, and if Martin impresses in camp and plays well in Peoria, he could be an injury call up type guy.

And yeah, that's who I've heard Riksman compared, too, but all we need out of him is to be a suitable backup (and that's if Bacashihua doesn't work out in that role). We've got Legace for the time being and 2-3 "goalies of the future" in the minors/college. But if Riksman is incredibly impressive, well, that can't be a bad thing.

Archived