NHL Off-Season 2007

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zubrus signs in New Jersey!

-six year contract, no financial terms as of yet.

6 years 20.4 million (3.4 per year). Not bad he's a good fit for NJ and gives them something they need (size up front). It's a lengthy contract but a good deal money wise.

Maybe he wears 55?

ZZ would be more appropriate for the way Bert plays. So much talent, so little effort. I'm amazed at the money he got too for a dude with a chronic back injury.

I'm not sure why the Canuck's would bother with Isbister, though signing him and Ritchie might seem to put the writing on the wall for Linden. Isbister does provide a bit more size I guess.

In case it wasn't mentioned, the Canucks also signed Curtis Sanford to back up. And the Oiler's are a little upset about the Nylander deal.

Zubrus signs in New Jersey!

-six year contract, no financial terms as of yet.

6 years 20.4 million (3.4 per year). Not bad he's a good fit for NJ and gives them something they need (size up front). It's a lengthy contract but a good deal money wise.

I agree I don't like losing Rafalski but Id take a Gomez for Zubrus swap

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Wow, if that's the sequence of events the NHL has a big problem on its hands. But then the contract was never actually signed...only the notice of agreement, but still...

It's unlikely Washington knew anything about an Edmonton deal since it hadn't been announced or filed with the league so how do you deal with this? Force Nylander to honour the Edmonton deal and penalize Washington because the agent acted in bad faith? Or give Nylander to Washington and essentially condone bad faith negotiating? Or work out a compensation deal that involves draft picks which still penalizes Washington for offering a better contract to a player when they had no idea he'd agreed to terms with another team?

This is a sticky, sticky mess...

Wow, if that's the sequence of events the NHL has a big problem on its hands. But then the contract was never actually signed...only the notice of agreement, but still...

It's unlikely Washington knew anything about an Edmonton deal since it hadn't been announced or filed with the league so how do you deal with this? Force Nylander to honour the Edmonton deal and penalize Washington because the agent acted in bad faith? Or give Nylander to Washington and essentially condone bad faith negotiating? Or work out a compensation deal that involves draft picks which still penalizes Washington for offering a better contract to a player when they had no idea he'd agreed to terms with another team?

This is a sticky, sticky mess...

what i think happened is that Nylander gave his agent the terms he wanted, the Oilers gave him the right terms, and when the agent said 'we have a deal' and went to Nyles with the contract to sign, and he decided he didnt want to go there and decided to take the Caps offer instead, citing to the Washington press the familiarity with the city and the management. i dont think there was shady dealing by the agent at all, just that Nyles settled on Washington after everything was said and done. reading from his conference call yesterday, it was a difficult process for him. it wasnt right for his agent to sign a letter of agreement before consulting with the player, but there wasnt a contract signed (from what we can tell), so the Oilers are entitled to nothing, i'd say.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived