NHL Off-Season 2007

Kevin Lowe is at it again...Oilers sign RFA Dustin Penner to a 5yr/$21.25 M...Ducks have 7 days to match otherwise Ducks receive a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round draft pick from Edmonton

Link

I thought Edmonton didn't have money...

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats a big pick up for Edmonton. Although Souray is overrated and overpaid, he's good on the PP but he cant do anything else.

I thought he wanted to go to LA?

With all the other guys LA signed, I wouldn't be surprised if they ran out of cash.

I just hope to god this puts an end to the "no one wants to go to edmonton" stories.

lets see Souray = Nobody

(Souray) wants to go to edmonton

(Nobody) wants to go to edmonton

I'd love to see you come into Souray's defensive zone with your head down....

Souray would likely role out the red carpet to the net and give you a free shot. He's a minus 28, worst in the league. People can argue that he scored 26 goals I believe, that just further enhances the point that he can't play defence. How in earth can you score 26 goals lead all defenders in the league and still wind up a league worst minus 28?

It's only gonna get worse for him in Edmonton. His partners with aren't gonna be any better than in Montreal, in my opinion, they'll be worse. But we'll see we be wrong.

Congratulations. You're judging someone in hockey on the most useless and most overrated statistic there is. +/-

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Don't think that matters to Lowe, and I can't blame him. He's taking the R out of RFA, and making the other GMs wet their pants. Go Lowe! Rape and pillage the NHL.

Until it bites him in the ass because he has to overpay for RFA so the other team doesn't match and then ends up near the cap when he has to resign his own players. Then after some of the players leave he won't have anybody to replace them with because he gave up the draft picks for the RFA. There is a reason why there aren't a lot of offer sheets. It's simple it's not worth signing a RFA. You have to overpay in order to actually get them on your team and then the compensation is too high.

Thats a big pick up for Edmonton. Although Souray is overrated and overpaid, he's good on the PP but he cant do anything else.

With all the other guys LA signed, I wouldn't be surprised if they ran out of cash.

I just hope to god this puts an end to the "no one wants to go to edmonton" stories.

lets see Souray = Nobody

Souray would likely role out the red carpet to the net and give you a free shot. He's a minus 28, worst in the league. People can argue that he scored 26 goals I believe, that just further enhances the point that he can't play defence. How in earth can you score 26 goals lead all defenders in the league and still wind up a league worst minus 28?

It's only gonna get worse for him in Edmonton. His partners with aren't gonna be any better than in Montreal, in my opinion, they'll be worse. But we'll see we be wrong.

Congratulations. You're judging someone in hockey on the most useless and most overrated statistic there is. +/-

Okay, well if plus minus is useless then I guess Bryan McCabe is not even close to being overpayed.

When it comes to defencemen in the $5 million dollar range it's means quite a bit my friend.

untitled-6.jpg

lets see Souray = Nobody

Okay, well if plus minus is useless then I guess Bryan McCabe is not even close to being overpayed.

When it comes to defencemen in the $5 million dollar range it's means quite a bit my friend.

I disagree, it's pretty obvious to tell he's overpaid when he plays like s***...

Hi, how are you?

Bunch O' Stuff

Plus/minus means :censored: in the NHL. It's an overrated stat that means nothing.

In 2003-04, Sergei Gonchar was a miserable -20 in 53 games with the Washington Capitals. Does that mean he sucks?

In 2005-06 and 2006-07, Eric Brewer is a combined -27 with the St. Louis Blues. Does that mean he sucks?

In 2005-06, Brian Campbell was -13 with the Buffalo Sabres. Does that mean he sucks?

In 2006-07, Brad Stuart was -22 with the Boston Bruins. Does that mean he sucks?

There is tons more examples, but I don't want to embarrass you, but I will leave you with this. What if Nicklas Lidstrom was traded to the Columbus Blue Jackets and finished the season at a -15. Then he obviously overrated and he sucks right?

what the hell is ccslc?

Don't think that matters to Lowe, and I can't blame him. He's taking the R out of RFA, and making the other GMs wet their pants. Go Lowe! Rape and pillage the NHL.

Until it bites him in the ass because he has to overpay for RFA so the other team doesn't match and then ends up near the cap when he has to resign his own players. Then after some of the players leave he won't have anybody to replace them with because he gave up the draft picks for the RFA. There is a reason why there aren't a lot of offer sheets. It's simple it's not worth signing a RFA. You have to overpay in order to actually get them on your team and then the compensation is too high.

If the Rangers can load up on Drury and Gomez and sign Lundquist, i'm not too worried about the salcap ramifications that a Dustin Penner signing (or a Vanek, had it not been matched) gone through. Frankly, Edmonton needs to prove that it's not the Siberia of the NHL, and if it means overpaying to get some talent up there that's doesn't need time to develop (i.e. drafted youngsters already in the system), then go for it. The Penner deal, even if it isn't matched, won't kill the franchise in terms of future flexibility.

I disagree, it's pretty obvious to tell he's overpaid when he plays like s***...

In that case, just like Souray!

SHELDON SOURAY 81GP 26G 38A 64PTS 23:11MINPG

BRYAN MCCABE 82GP 15G 42A 57PTS 26:49MINPG

So Souray had seven points more then McCabe. Only McCabe was on the ice for 3 more goals for, then against. Where Souray was on for 28 more against then for, despite playing 3 1/2 minutes less on average per game.

So using your logic is McCabe is playing like s***, then Souray is.

untitled-6.jpg

Plus/minus means :censored: in the NHL. It's an overrated stat that means nothing.

In 2003-04, Sergei Gonchar was a miserable -20 in 53 games with the Washington Capitals. Does that mean he sucks?

In 2005-06 and 2006-07, Eric Brewer is a combined -27 with the St. Louis Blues. Does that mean he sucks?

In 2005-06, Brian Campbell was -13 with the Buffalo Sabres. Does that mean he sucks?

In 2006-07, Brad Stuart was -22 with the Boston Bruins. Does that mean he sucks?

There is tons more examples, but I don't want to embarrass you, but I will leave you with this. What if Nicklas Lidstrom was traded to the Columbus Blue Jackets and finished the season at a -15. Then he obviously overrated and he sucks right?

I don't remember me saying that at all. I don't understand how you can embarrass me? What do you expect me to judge a player on? I watch Souray play and think he's overrated. If I were to just post " I think Souray is overrated ", you guys would be all over me with the " prove it " and " back that up ". I'm simply trying to back up my thoughts with some sort of evidence (+/-) and you jump all over me for it.

If it's such a useless stat, then explain to me why everytime I try to defend a player I get his +/- thrown out at me? I'm not a huge McCabe fan at all, but I'm gonna back up my players when I can, and all I ever here is his plus minus sucks, he can't play defence and all this other junk. I'm just using the same logic here, and the fac tat the end of the day is that the Leafs and Oilers have both overpated for the exact same thing. A point shot, and once teams snag on to Souray and play a tight point like most teams now do with McCabe, the numbers for him are going to drop down. Then all we'll here is how overpayed he is as everybody will see his sort comings. Just as has been the case with Bryan McCabe.

* Sorry for any run on sentences

untitled-6.jpg

So Souray had seven points more then McCabe. Only McCabe was on the ice for 3 more goals for, then against. Where Souray was on for 28 more against then for, despite playing 3 1/2 minutes less on average per game.

Listen I don't know how much clearer I can be, Mccabe's salary 7,100,000, he got 57 pts. Sheldon Souray had a salary of 2,432,000 and got 64 points...

THAT'S HOW HE'S OVERPAID! MCCABE ISN'T A HORRIBLE DEFENCEMAN BUT HE HAS A SALARY OF 7 MILLION, WHILE SOURAY GET'S PAID 5 MILLION LESS AND PLAYS BETTER THAN HIM, MCCABE SHOULD BE PLAYING LIKE NIEDERMAYER....DO YOU GET IT KNOW OR DO I HAVE TO MAKE A FREAKING PIE CHART!? :cursing:

Hi, how are you?

Listen I don't know how much clearer I can be, Mccabe's salary 7,100,000, he got 57 pts. Sheldon Souray had a salary of 2,432,000 and got 64 points...

THAT'S HOW HE'S OVERPAID! MCCABE ISN'T A HORRIBLE DEFENCEMAN BUT HE HAS A SALARY OF 7 MILLION, WHILE SOURAY GET'S PAID 5 MILLION LESS AND PLAYS BETTER THAN HIM, MCCABE SHOULD BE PLAYING LIKE NIEDERMAYER....DO YOU GET IT KNOW OR DO I HAVE TO MAKE A FREAKING PIE CHART!? :cursing:

I understand that point, that last year Souray was a better deal. But you need to realise something to. McCabe's deal is front loaded, the cap hitis only $5.7 million. I'm guessing Sourays contract is as well. So he might make $8 million this year (unsure) but the cap hit is only around $5 million.

untitled-6.jpg

I understand that point, that last year Souray was a better deal. But you need to realise something to. McCabe's deal is front loaded, the cap hitis only $5.7 million. I'm guessing Sourays contract is as well. So he might make $8 million this year (unsure) but the cap hit is only around $5 million.

So then I'm right.

Hi, how are you?

So then I'm right.

On the fact that McCabe is overpaid and that last year Souray was a better deal?

untitled-6.jpg

I hear you guys talking about how much souray and McCabe are overpaid. Here is the most overpaid player:

Derian Hatcher. Assistant Captian of the Flyers. Look at these stats and TELL ME +/- DOES NOT MATTER.

Plus here is the overpaid part: He signed for $3,500,000 per year in 05 and he still has 2 years left on his contract.

GP G A P +/-

2002-2003 Stars 82 8 22 30 37

2003-2004 Red Wings 15 0 4 4 4

2005-2006 Flyers 77 4 13 17 2

2006-2007 Flyers 82 3 6 9 -24

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

I hear you guys talking about how much souray and McCabe are overpaid. Here is the most overpaid player:

Derian Hatcher. Assistant Captian of the Flyers. Look at these stats and TELL ME +/- DOES NOT MATTER.

Plus here is the overpaid part: He signed for $3,500,000 per year in 05 and he still has 2 years left on his contract.

GP G A P +/-

Players on bad teams usually have bad +/- numbers

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

GP G A P +/-

I'm guessing that you didn't watch and/or follow the 2006/07 Philadelphia Flyers. Still, +/- DOES NOT MATTER!

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived