NHL Off-Season 2007

So in exchange for 15 - 20 games worth of Forsberg, the Predators sent the Flyers Upshall, Parent, Timmonen, and Hartnell, plus the Flyers get to keep their own pick (#2 overall.)

I realize that Timmonen and Hartnell received large contracts, and honestly I don't know enough about either player to know if they were worth it, but it certainly seems like (GM) Paul Holmgren did very well here.

I disagree, he overpayed 2 guys that you said yourself wernt woth it and he gave them long term contracts so if they dont work out it wont be that easy to get rid of them. Plus he gave up a first round pick, if he was going to pay that much why not wait to July first and keep the pick. I think thats great for the Preds, they were going to losse those 2 so its good for them to get something in return.

I never said they weren't worth it. I said I didn't know much about the players. With all the money coming off their cap, plus the knowledge that the cap will likely grow by around $4 million (and probably grow a bit each coming year) they can afford to take some risks. I'd rather them try their damnedest and fail then be like some teams and not even try.

I'm not saying you're wrong - you may end up being right - but I'm pretty happy right now.

Fair enough, sorry for putting words in your mouth. I just think they arn't worth that much and with all the mistakes Flyers made I though they would of learned there leason. I mean a 6 year deal to 32 year old, you cant agree with that.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's hockey, not football. Players (especially defensemen) can be very productive in their late 30s, some into their 40s.

Off topic - you have to have the second worst spelling / grammar I've seen on these boards. I get what you're saying, but at least make some kind of effort! :lol:

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Off topic - you have to have the second worst spelling / grammar I've seen on these boards. I get what you're saying, but at least make some kind of effort! :lol:

Hey at least I?m not first! And I?m trying to make my grammar better guess I just need to try harder. I don?t want to turn this into a topic about my grammar but could you at least telling me what I?m doing wrong

Hey at least I’m not first! And I’m trying to make my grammar better guess I just need to try harder. I don’t want to turn this into a topic about my grammar but could you at least telling me what I’m doing wrong

It starts under your avatar and goes down hill from there.

"iam a banna" should be "I am a banana"

In the space of four words you have left out capitalization, spaces between words and misspelled one. The only word you got right was "a".

Your post above lacks commas, has a run on sentence and is missing punctuation. It's really a mess which makes it hard to read, which makes it hard to understand what you are trying to say, all while making you look illiterate.

Meanwhile, the fans of the Wild eagerly await the resigning of J-S Giguere driving up the price we are going to expect for Manny Fernandez. C'mon Ducks, pony up that cash!

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Hey at least I?m not first! And I?m trying to make my grammar better guess I just need to try harder. I don?t want to turn this into a topic about my grammar but could you at least telling me what I?m doing wrong

It starts under your avatar and goes down hill from there.

"iam a banna" should be "I am a banana"

In the space of four words you have left out capitalization, spaces between words and misspelled one. The only word you got right was "a".

Your post above lacks commas, has a run on sentence and is missing punctuation. It's really a mess which makes it hard to read, which makes it hard to understand what you are trying to say, all while making you look illiterate.

Meanwhile, the fans of the Wild eagerly await the resigning of J-S Giguere driving up the price we are going to expect for Manny Fernandez. C'mon Ducks, pony up that cash!

If I was Brendan's mom, I would hit him with a dictionary for using such poor grammar. It's not that hard, Brendan. If you have grammar that is in need of a serious revision, type it in Microsoft Word, and then paste it onto the CCSLC.

I hope the Devils can resign Gomez. I know I heard that he will test the free agent market, but he is a huge part of the team. I hope he comes back.

-E.A.R.

I hope the Devils can resign Gomez. I know I heard that he will test the free agent market, but he is a huge part of the team. I hope he comes back.

-E.A.R.

I would be surprised if Gomez left the Devils. If Patrik Elias stayed I would expect Gomez to stay as well. There seems to be a loyalty from the players to the organization that can't be said for some other clubs.

HansonsSig.jpg

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

-E.A.R.

I would be surprised if Gomez left the Devils. If Patrik Elias stayed I would expect Gomez to stay as well. There seems to be a loyalty from the players to the organization that can't be said for some other clubs.

Thanks for the advice from both of you, I will be sure to try and use it.

On the topic of Gomez I doubt he resigns. I am not sure about the Devils cap position but Gomez can probaly get way more money on the market. I think he would also love to be closer to home and in a system where he can flourish offensively.

(Hope this makes sense)

On the topic of Gomez I doubt he resigns. I am not sure about the Devils cap position but Gomez can probaly get way more money on the market. I think he would also love to be closer to home and in a system where he can flourish offensively.

Closer to home? He's from Anchorage, Alaska!

The closest NHL team is Vancouver, still over 1300 miles away.

I kind of doubt when you are from Alaska "closer to home" factors into it that much.

HansonsSig.jpg

I kind of doubt when you are from Alaska "closer to home" factors into it that much.

Ya I know that he is from Alaska. He has family in vancouver and played junior hockey around here. He has said he wants to play on the west coast.

As a Devils fan, i don't think he'll stay.

First of all, receiving 5M/1y, i doubt the team will pay him more than this.

And then, after NJ elimination of the playoffs, media was saying that he told, in an interview, that he was interested to play in a team where he could play on the top lines, against their top lines. (I can't say if he really said that or not, just read it)

According to ESPN News Scott Niedermayer is thinking about retiring.

There is also an article on ESPN.com about this but I'm not an insider so this is all I can post

In the days after the Ducks' Stanley Cup victory, there have been several rumors making the rounds that Scott Niedermayer is going to retire. And, for his part, the Conn Smythe Trophy-winning defenseman isn't denying any of them. In fact, he says he's seriously considering it.

"I think every player, as they get older, begins to think about how much longer they're going to play," Niedermayer said from his Southern California home Saturday morning. "I know I think about it."

Also, I don't think that Scott Gomez will return to New Jersey. I would love for him to return but I really doubt it. If he does go somewhere else it better not be to the Rangers.

Edit - Post 1234!!!II11l!

Ya I know that he is from Alaska. He has family in vancouver and played junior hockey around here. He has said he wants to play on the west coast.

True. He played some junior with Surrey (I think). Unfortunately, the Canucks are unlikely to have the cap room to sign Gomez, unless they move Naslund or Morrison, neither of which would be easy to move. I can see him ending up somewhere in California, perhaps with the Kings.

True. He played some junior with Surrey (I think). Unfortunately, the Canucks are unlikely to have the cap room to sign Gomez, unless they move Naslund or Morrison, neither of which would be easy to move. I can see him ending up somewhere in California, perhaps with the Kings.

He did play with Surrey but when he was drafted he was playing with the Tri City Americans of the WHL.

TSN is reporting Adrian Aucoin has waived his no-trade clause, paving the way for a deal sending him to the Flames

Apparently, Dave Nonis is working hard on trading up with Philly to get the 2nd pick and select Kyle Turris, but I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

8prlQWA.png

Archived