U.S. Women to wear gold jerseys for World Cup

illini1

Shouldn't those be bronze?

Those look good, but I think it's a bit cocky. Hopefully, someone knocks 'em off their pedestal.

Well thats being a good American! :P

I don't think you should root against your home nation just because they're uniforms suck.

Anyway, they look sharp but it would have been better if they were white, and the white stripe on the right shoulder was red, and I wish they (and the mens team) would have a red clash, that would look sick!

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Anyway, they look sharp but it would have been better if they were white

And they played all their games in a pouring rain...

Ho-ho! Sepp strikes again!

1705a-sepp_blatter_apporte_son_sout.jpg

I'm sorry. I just can't get enough of this picture.

These jerseys are nasty. Nasty bad, not nasty good. Since when was gold a part of the American color scheme?

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

These jerseys are nasty. Nasty bad, not nasty good. Since when was gold a part of the American color scheme?

Since around 1980?

eric-lp.jpg

The United States is wearing gold because there are too many top teams whose primary colors are red or white. (Canada, Germany, Norway, etc.). It's the same reason why the U.S. men's national team is wearing royal blue and not navy at the Copa America. The organizing body of the tournament (in this case, FIFA), made it so.

These are not bad, but not great either. They would look better in white with subtle accents of gold.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

These are not bad, but not great either. They would look better in white with subtle accents of gold.

They have a picture of the white one on the website and it looks pretty good, the only gold is on the front of the collar.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

These jerseys have a little bit of Fulham in them, with those stripes on top of the sleeves.

That being said, those are not the most unique uniforms in U.S. soccer history ... think 1994.

I think you're going to see Our Women going back to red after the World Cup.

And thank God the change strip isn't the pink Komen jersey or our team would be a bunch of freakin' Easter eggs.

330_321375_md_USWNT060807205.JPG

All I can say is that they gold jersey looks pretty nice on Carli Lloyd...who, btw, is even cuter in person. That being said...as a straight 26-year old male, I may just have to pick up white version of the jersey before they come to Hartford next month. Yes, I know, it's a chick jersey... :D

Archived