New Bruins jerseys unveiled

spyboy1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a little upset with the lack of continuity from one jersey to the other.

Lack of Continuity?!?!?!

Huh?

Your statement boggles my fragile little mind...

I just meant that the consistency, which is what bothered me about their last set isn't there again. It's nice that they have the same design principles, but I like when the home and away jerseys are exact opposites of each other or when the white jersey is just the white version of the dark jersey.

bruins-1.png

A few things that bug me

1. I think the shoulders on the white should be yellowed striped with black

2. The horizontal stripes on the white should match the black jersey as a tie in to the 80's uniforms. yellow-black-white-black-yellow. I love how the stripes were the same

3. See how the horizontal stripes on the bottom of the black jersey actually go to the hem, the white jersey should be the same and not have the white separation extends to the hem.

Basically I would have preferred them to look like this, and I know this is the old template, but you get the idea. And again I guess I'm just OCD.

bruins-2.png

PvO6ZWJ.png

Lack of Continuity?!?!?!

Huh?

I just meant that the consistency, which is what bothered me about their last set isn't there again. It's nice that they have the same design principles, but I like when the home and away jerseys are exact opposites of each other or when the white jersey is just the white version of the dark jersey.

bruins-1.png

A few things that bug me

2. The horizontal stripes on the white should match the black jersey as a tie in to the 80's uniforms. yellow-black-white-black-yellow. I love how the stripes were the same

3. See how the horizontal stripes on the bottom of the black jersey actually go to the hem, the white jersey should be the same and not have the white separation extends to the hem.

Basically I would have preferred them to look like this, and I know this is the old template, but you get the idea. And again I guess I'm just OCD.

bruins-2.png

But that looks silly, and honestly, doesn't look good.

The jerseys are the same, with the colors transposed, as is customary with home and away jerseys. Continuity is intact. Don't worry.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Lack of Continuity?!?!?!

Huh?

bruins-1.png

A few things that bug me

bruins-2.png

I know the originals were like that (although not as think) but that doesn't mean these lack continuity. They certainly have continuity. If you removed the logos and put them next to each other you would be able to tell they are the white and dark versions of the same uniforms set. Whereas if you put Ottawa uniforms next to each other without logos you wouldn't be able to tell, same thing with the soon to be former caps unis, and the Thrashers uniforms. Those lack continuity the new Bruins set does not.

After seeing the Islanders and Capitals new jerseys, this makes me very happy to be a B's fan. These are flat out fantastic, this is the first thing the Bruins have done right this decade. Bravo.

These DON'T lack continuity, but I'm in agreement with Mac2 in that I like the OLD continuity better. I don't think the striping on the white jersey looks very strong.

But its the lack of continutiy within the jersey that has always killed me about these and the vintage set...

Those shoulders...ugh. There really needs to be a black space between the yellow and white on the black jersey and a white space between the black and yellow on the white jersey. It would improve an already nice look tenfold.

The gold stipe at the bottom actually has black material below it at the hemline, same as the white. The bottom of the jersey in that picture was just bunched up on the table. Here, in this picture of Brandon Bochenski playing street hockey, you can see the whole thing.

589108225_8a1c6606e7.jpg

As an NHL fan notorious for being underwhelmed by the Bruins' unis (and the Original 6 love shown to them)...wow.

These are seriously perfect.

Slight tweaks to the Spoked-B, but not going simplistic (I never liked Retro-B myself); honestly, I prefer the serifs myself. Just looks a little cooler to me.

Striping, lace-up...overall look and feel? Great. They mildly modernized it, without killing it. Bravo. Best one I've seen so far.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

call me captain obvious, but is it a trend in hockey to have more realistic looking animals for the teams?

I don't know, I mean that buffalo on the Sabres jersey is just spot on. I love bright yellow buffalo without legs. My favorite animal evAr!

I think the unis look really well. I hope they eventually put out a yellow one just like it (and with the B on the chest and not the shoulder patch on the chest). What I don't like is the lace up collar. It's kinda dumb to have an "old school" look to a "new age" template. Also, the lace up seems to serve no purpose as the collar appears to fit snug.

KISSwall09.jpg

Probably the nicest update since the Rangers jerseys back in 98-99.

Wonderful job.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Archived