US Soccer Concept

gordie_delini

Hey guys,

So seeing the recent thread in the sports logos forum, I decided to work on a new concept for USA soccer. Here's what I've got so far - I was going for a mix of the current crest, and upgrading it to what I think it should be. It doesn't quite feel finished, so I could use some help. What do you guys think?

Picture2-4.png

OD_Signature.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey guys,

So seeing the recent thread in the sports logos forum, I decided to work on a new concept for USA soccer. Here's what I've got so far - I was going for a mix of the current crest, and upgrading it to what I think it should be. It doesn't quite feel finished, so I could use some help. What do you guys think?

Picture2-4.png

I like this a lot. I love where your going with this. About the only change I'd make is to move the stars above or below the "USA" script, instead of how it is.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I love it. The last one is almost perfect. Center the stars above the red stripes, and center the S above the center red stripe. Then spread out the U and the A just a little. I would also consider making the inner gold outline thinner than the outer gold outline.

Beautiful, all the same. :)

i'd make the blue brighter... more a dark royal than a dark navy.

also, i'd remove the stars all together. stars usually represent world cup wins, and ........ you know....

I'm ambivalent about the soccer ball. It being off-centered bothers me abit, but the motion lines require it to be where it is. Would it be an improvement if the ball was removed and it was simply the crest? Perhaps that is a bit too extreme and makes it too sport-generic.

None of that are deal breakers for me. Make the blue more blue (i.e. "Union Blue") and it'll look spectacular.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Lightened the blue, one version without the extra shield outlines, one keeping those. Cole, the stars will stay within the shield because that's a national symbol of the country - it's in the flag, so it gets to stay :P. If it were above the crest, I think it would indicate cup wins. Anyway,

Picture6.png

OD_Signature.jpg

I'm hesitant on the stars simply because they have not won the World Cup...I know the current crest has them, but I'm on the fence about it.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I'm hesitant on the stars simply because they have not won the World Cup...I know the current crest has them, but I'm on the fence about it.

Yes, but considering the American flag, the basis of the crest, features stars prominently, I think they can get away with it.

Besides, I always felt the stars symbolizing WC titles looked best above the crest, leaving the designer free to incorporate stars into the crest itself if the design called for it, which this one does.

Eh, I'm just not feeling it. The text looks kindof generic, and the arching doesn't fit the outer shield portion. Since the text is so close to that, it looks strange. To avoid the gold star issue, and to match the flag better, plain white stars would probably work better than that. The ball looks very forced to me--"Ok, here's the crest... hmm, there should be a ball in it." It doesn't match any of the styling of the rest of the crest.

I like the simpler version of the basic crest, and I think you've got something to work with here. But as it stands, I think you can do a lot better than this.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived