USA DESTROYS KOREA IN FOOTBALL

Cola

USA: 77

Korea: 0

USA will play Germany on Thursday. I consider it a sad thing if anyone scores a point against us.

well maybe Germany will get a touchdown but thats about it. But it is the World American Football Championships so we will win it all

Remember when the U.S. used to win every international basketball tournament? I hope that this leads to the sport growing and one day makes it possible for the other nations to embarrass the American team. I say this only because I want the sport to grow, not because I hate America or anything like that. Please don't rip me a new one.

So how long until American Football makes it into the Olympics? I say at least 40 years, but it probably won't ever make it to that level.

I think Germany will make a game out of it, and I agree with Zap, maybe down the line other countries will step up.

But this has all the earmarks of a good ol' fashion slaughterhouse.

philly.png

you failed to mention what sport or tournament this happened in... i didn't even know this world football thing was going on

I was going to say 'that's because you're Canadian', but then I realized I didn't know this was going on, either.

GASP - I must be Canadian :flagcanada:

[ontopic] Where/when is this being played? Not that it really matters.

It's where I sit.

I didn't think that the US would be that good with the players they have. I expected them to beat Korea badly, but 77 points is a ton. I think they'll be challenged by Germany, but they should win pretty easily.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

you failed to mention what sport or tournament this happened in... i didn't even know this world football thing was going on

I was going to say 'that's because you're Canadian', but then I realized I didn't know this was going on, either.

it's being played this month through the 15th in Japan, Japan has won the last 2 World Cups so it could get interesting. There is a rumor that the 2011 World Cup could be in the States. Here is the official siteAmerican Football World Cup

btw I never knew how much the Japanese took American Football this seriously

it's being played this month through the 15th in Japan, Japan has won the last 2 World Cups so it could get interesting. There is a rumor that the 2011 World Cup could be in the States. Here is the official siteAmerican Football World Cup

btw I never knew how much the Japanese took American Football this seriously

Japan has their own American football league, the X-League...not to be confused with the XFL of course.

my bad, i guess i didn't think about that because i have been anticipating this tournament- and when i say destroy, i do mean without warfare.

So what have been the attendances for these games? Are they good, bad, average? Also, are they playing on big stadiums, or smaller ones?

Disappointing I think, there was about 12,000 at the opening game...then the past two games (Germany/Korea & USA/Korea) averaged about 2,000.

If the US hosted in the future, I am sure we could get at least 30,000 in a stadium depending on the location. I would like to see more teams compete in the whole thing instead of having a certain team represent a region i.e. Sweden & Korea.

And to think, this was 77 points in 12 minute quarters.

Big deal. I can top 100 in five minute quarters on Madden.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'd also like to note that Korea never gained a first down. I think they also had about (-)37 yards of total offense. If I remember correctly there was 4 special teams TDs, 2 defensive TDs, and 5 on offense.

The game was close until the opening kickoff...when USA ran it back for a touchdown.

So what have been the attendances for these games? Are they good, bad, average? Also, are they playing on big stadiums, or smaller ones?

Disappointing I think, there was about 12,000 at the opening game...then the past two games (Germany/Korea & USA/Korea) averaged about 2,000.

If the US hosted in the future, I am sure we could get at least 30,000 in a stadium depending on the location. I would like to see more teams compete in the whole thing instead of having a certain team represent a region i.e. Sweden & Korea.

30,000 attendance in the US? With that roster? No chance. The schools represented on the US roster look like something out of af2 (and I should know, since I'm a season ticket holder to one of those teams). There's no chance in he!! of drawing 30,000. I'd post the over/under at 10,000, and be nervous that it's too high by at least 3,000.

It's where I sit.

30,000 attendance in the US? With that roster? No chance. The schools represented on the US roster look like something out of af2 (and I should know, since I'm a season ticket holder to one of those teams). There's no chance in he!! of drawing 30,000. I'd post the over/under at 10,000, and be nervous that it's too high by at least 3,000.

I think you're wrong. In fact, I'd almost guarantee it. If we can pull 30,000+ at my university and Florida near 50,000 for a Spring practice game...they can pull it for a worldwide football competition.

I think you're wrong. In fact, I'd almost guarantee it. If we can pull 30,000+ at my university and Florida near 50,000 for a Spring practice game...they can pull it for a worldwide football competition.

Here's the (HUGE) difference. Florida, or South Carolina, or Michigan, or name the University, have a built in fanbase who will watch anything involving their school. They aren't watching the practice as much as they're watching the school colors. This organization has no such base. Look at who's on their coaching staff -- it's the guy who just retired from UW-Whitewater (Brzezinski [sp?])! While they've had a great run in D-III, you won't find their alumni association coming out to watch.

It's where I sit.

Here's the (HUGE) difference. Florida, or South Carolina, or Michigan, or name the University, have a built in fanbase who will watch anything involving their school. They aren't watching the practice as much as they're watching the school colors. This organization has no such base. Look at who's on their coaching staff -- it's the guy who just retired from UW-Whitewater (Brzezinski [sp?])! While they've had a great run in D-III, you won't find their alumni association coming out to watch.

Last time I checked America has a pretty big fanbase as well. If this is marketed right I think they could draw a pretty decent crowd. Its the national team of the countries favorite sport. Make tickets cheap enough and advertise the hell out of the whole tournament I bet they could draw at least 20,000 easy.

Last time I checked America has a pretty big fanbase as well. If this is marketed right I think they could draw a pretty decent crowd. Its the national team of the countries favorite sport. Make tickets cheap enough and advertise the hell out of the whole tournament I bet they could draw at least 20,000 easy.

hell i'd go, it's football and its the United States, score

Archived