New England Patriots (Just Updated)Again!

aragin66

With this one I figured that I would go with the old colors. I tried to use parts of uniforms from the last 20 years. the colors and sleeve stripes of the 80's, the fonts of the 90's and the logo of today. I know I shouldn't combine looks, but I always loved the patriotic colors. I did keep the silver helmets, but I replaced the red faceguards with blue ones. Enjoy..and if you say something mean..i'll come haunt you in your dreams.

Pats.jpg

Okay sorry that im not historically acurate..just trying to recapture the old Patriots look. Well I made some adjustments..enjoy.

Pats-1.jpg

Now with blue helmet

Pats2.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dude i love it

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Historically incorrect.

I cannot believe that I agree with patsox...

Anyway, he is correct. The real "Pats" fought the RED COATS, so a red jersey for the NFL's Pats would be just plain stupid.

Also, I like that you toned down the silver, but you got rid of too much of it to still have a silver skull bucket. Maybe try a tiny little bit of silver on the tops and maybe a set of silver trousers?

Twitter • Facebook • Instagram • LinkedIn • Tumblr

calm down people, it is a 'concept'.

though everyone is screaming for a red alt.

Only thing, I would suggest, since you are getting rid of the gray, you might want to address that on the helmets. It seems like everyone likes to make it blue.

Historically incorrect.

Anyway, he is correct. The real "Pats" fought the RED COATS, so a red jersey for the NFL's Pats would be just plain stupid.

Also, I like that you toned down the silver, but you got rid of too much of it to still have a silver skull bucket. Maybe try a tiny little bit of silver on the tops and maybe a set of silver trousers?

Yes, I too am amazed to find myself agreeing with Patsox....I feel dirty....

But yeah, the New England Patriots clearly base their identity off of the soldiers who fought for the American cause during the American Revolution. These real patriots fought the British, who were famous for their "Red Coats."

A red NE Patriots jersey would make as much sense as the Columbus Blue Jackets adopting a grey jersey.

Yes, I know the Patriots wore red for around thirty years, that doesn't make it ok. It only means they failed to current a glaring mistake for thirty years.

Anyway, as for the concept, besides the after-mentioned red jersey, the two sets of white pants bug me (if you ditched the red jersey you wouldn't have that problem :D). Anyway, yeah, it seems redundant.

Also, the logo and helmet feature large amounts of silver, while it isn't used at all on the jerseys, pants, or socks. I would either work silver into the jersey, pant, and sock striping, or lose silver all together.

Historically incorrect.

Really?

038garinverisqm0.jpg

:therock:

bSLCtu2.png

Historically incorrect.

Really?

038garinverisqm0.jpg

:therock:

Yes, really. Pick up a history book.

Historically incorrect.

But yeah, the New England Patriots clearly base their identity off of the soldiers who fought for the American cause during the American Revolution. These real patriots fought the British, who were famous for their "Red Coats."

A red NE Patriots jersey would make as much sense as the Columbus Blue Jackets adopting a grey jersey.

Yes, I know the Patriots wore red for around thirty years, that doesn't make it ok. It only means they failed to current a glaring mistake for thirty years.

alright im sick of hearing all this about historical innacuracy... the patriots are a football team, their colors are blue red and silver... i agree that that isnt as patriotic as lets say red white and blue like the texans, but it works and i like it... only thing is, silver jerseys suck.... now the patriots used to wear red primarys and everyone loved those and screams for them every year "bring back the throwbacks"... now who the hell cares if the americans did or did not wear red coats during the american revolution because as far as i know football did not exist at the time and this is new england after all... so using a red alternate jersey, in my opinion just adds so much more to this franchise's entire look, i dont care who wore what 400 years ago...

I don't like the Patriots either, but I really like the set with the blue helmet. Those are much better than the real unis. Nice job.

Off topic a little but not much:

I really hate the current Patriot logo guy. He needs to retire, along with the Carolina Panther's helmet logo.

Bring back Pat!

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

Historically incorrect.

The only thing that is "just plain stupid" is agreeing with patsox. To be historically accurate, you'd have to let the players wear whatever jerseys they had in their closet. You see, the "patriots" that fought the British soldiers at Lexington and Concord were private citizens. They didn't wear any uniform, they wore whatever they owned. I don't think it would be smart to let a team wear mis-matched uniforms for the sake of historical accuracy.

patsox, when you are done here, why don't you take it over to an Ole Miss board and tell them that Confederate soldier wore gray and Union soldiers wore blue. Tell them you expect the the university to change their colors from red/blue to gray and that you expect a football concept up within the hour.

Historically incorrect.

The only thing that is "just plain stupid" is agreeing with patsox. To be historically accurate, you'd have to let the players wear whatever jerseys they had in their closet. You see, the "patriots" that fought the British soldiers at Lexington and Concord were private citizens. They didn't wear any uniform, they wore whatever they owned. I don't think it would be smart to let a team wear mis-matched uniforms for the sake of historical accuracy.

patsox, when you are done here, why don't you take it over to an Ole Miss board and tell them that Confederate soldier wore gray and Union soldiers wore blue. Tell them you expect the the university to change their colors from red/blue to gray and that you expect a football concept up within the hour.

The fact of the matter is the BRITISH were the RED COATS.

Every time there's a Patriots thread, at least 2 people have to come out and act like they're better than everyone else by pointing out the red coats thing. The only problem is that we've all heard this argument a million times, so they end up looking like idiots. Shut up.

It may shock you guys to hear this, but neither the British nor the Americans wore football helmets. How's that for historically inaccuracy?

As far as this concept goes, I like most of it. The only things I would tweak are the pants striping, sock striping (simplify both), red pants and number font (get rid of both completely).

Im so tired of hearing the historically accurate argument. its ridiculous. the british didnt wear red football jerseys, so who cares. its not a re-enactment, its professional football. whats next, the niners in checkered shirts and suspenders?

Archived