2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

I know this may be a tad OT, but still odd none the less and somewhat uniform related. I grabbed this pic from the Toronto Star this morning and it shows Toskala in a sweet looking mask and an in-side-out practice jersey. So now I'm thinking, is this some weird thing he likes to do and did back in San Jose or is there something else at foot, such as the rumoured tweeked crest on the other side? Mind you it looks the same size as the previous crests, unless as fortold, the font was somehow modified... I guess time will tell. IMO, I had been hearing for the past while that the font had been altered slightly... so this may reinforce that rumor or if someone can confirm, this is something he did with San Jose and is just some weird quirk.

270298_3.JPG

Here's a better look at his new mask.

Vesa.png

zzPEfBm.png

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A look at the Lightnings pants and socks, courtesy of NHL 2K8

sanstitreyv2.png

Sorry for the poor quality but it's a start !

I'm quoting myself because it looks like it got lost in the Pittsburgh frenzy... The Tampa socks sucks !

How did WE get THOSE socks and everyone who shouldve gotten them didnt?!

DSC01182.jpg

It looks like the Tampa socks slope down towards the back like the Flames' socks... so I'd expect them to stop randomly in the back like all the others.

When I say "cut of the jersey" I mean the way certain panels of material are placed on the jersey. Essetially, aside from the elbow stripes and collar, the cut of the of the Panthers and Predators jersey is the same.

There is still a couple of subtle changes between the Lightning, Senators and Penguins jerseys. The Lightning have no color in their elbow panel and have that extra cuff stripe. The Penguins have that extra side panel at the bottom of the jersey. In spite of these changes, people consider all three jerseys to be the same.

So in that aspect, the fact that there is only one difference in the jerseys themselves between Nashville and Florida, we can label them as looking the same.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Vesa.png

Man that is one slick looking mask. Sadly, it reminds me all too much of this...

kiddtml2k.jpg

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

DSC01182.jpg

It looks like the Tampa socks slope down towards the back like the Flames' socks... so I'd expect them to stop randomly in the back like all the others.

... the more I see that picture, the more I realise that the most ridiculous fashion item is not found anywhere on the Flames jersey.....

I saw, I came, I left.

Vesa.png

Man that is one slick looking mask. Sadly, it reminds me all too much of this...

kiddtml2k.jpg

Does it ever. He should of gone with a skull of a Polar Bear... IMO.

Well, we can only hope he doesn't play like Trevor Kidd. :D

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I know this may be a tad OT, but still odd none the less and somewhat uniform related. I grabbed this pic from the Toronto Star this morning and it shows Toskala in a sweet looking mask and an in-side-out practice jersey. So now I'm thinking, is this some weird thing he likes to do and did back in San Jose or is there something else at foot, such as the rumoured tweeked crest on the other side? Mind you it looks the same size as the previous crests, unless as fortold, the font was somehow modified... I guess time will tell. IMO, I had been hearing for the past while that the font had been altered slightly... so this may reinforce that rumor or if someone can confirm, this is something he did with San Jose and is just some weird quirk.

270298_3.JPG

Vesa.png

He always had the skull thing, now it's just more blue than black/white like it was with the sharks. Not really cool or boring, it's meh...i mean what does it have to do with him or the team? I like masks that have to do with the team, i mean Corey Hirsch had a cool mask because of his # and the team colours with the halloween type theme. Lalime's baby penguin cracking out of an egg, Ranford's Bruins mask with the nutjob bear...those are all awesome.

BTW..looking at Vesa in that picture, for a second i thought it was Jiri Slegr playing goaltender and was tripped out. Find a pic, you'll know what i mean.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Bravo, couldn't have said that better myself. It would have been cool if we were named after our flag though... imagine the Toronto Red Ensigns... now that is pretty pimpin'.

Yes, but the "red" ensigns are always the ones who beam down to the planet with Kirk, Spock, and McCoy and never come back... :D

Toronto could make the red work, if they were to take out the blue and go with Red/silver (NO BLACK@!@@!@@!!), it could look pretty cool. Or if you go and look at the Maple Leaf and how it changes colours, you have a pretty cool pallette to work with to create an interesting colour scheme as well as jersey.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

270298_3.JPG

Vesa.png

He always had the skull thing, now it's just more blue than black/white like it was with the sharks. Not really cool or boring, it's meh...i mean what does it have to do with him or the team? I like masks that have to do with the team, i mean Corey Hirsch had a cool mask because of his # and the team colours with the halloween type theme. Lalime's baby penguin cracking out of an egg, Ranford's Bruins mask with the nutjob bear...those are all awesome.

BTW..looking at Vesa in that picture, for a second i thought it was Jiri Slegr playing goaltender and was tripped out. Find a pic, you'll know what i mean.

Speaking of resemblence, I see Val Kilmer here...

GOD BLESS VESA!!!

That mask is even better than CUJO's my son will have nightmares for the next 5 years...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Vesa.png

kiddtml2k.jpg

Do NOT under any circumstances ever make ANY parallel between ANYONE and this so-called goalie you pictured here, or I'll walk to your home, burn all your Leafs memoribilia and tatoo you a Sens logo on the forehead....

TK is part of our unspoken past....

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

When I say "cut of the jersey" I mean the way certain panels of material are placed on the jersey. Essetially, aside from the elbow stripes and collar, the cut of the of the Panthers and Predators jersey is the same.

There is still a couple of subtle changes between the Lightning, Senators and Penguins jerseys. The Lightning have no color in their elbow panel and have that extra cuff stripe. The Penguins have that extra side panel at the bottom of the jersey. In spite of these changes, people consider all three jerseys to be the same.

So in that aspect, the fact that there is only one difference in the jerseys themselves between Nashville and Florida, we can label them as looking the same.

Just to add a little support to your case:

PredsPans.jpg

Archived