2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Wild home is far superior to the road white. I think the roads could be nice, except they decided to keep the hideous "WILD" patch on the shoulders. Surely they could have come up with something a bit nicer?

Maybe a flag of Minnesota? :P

Actually, that'd be a helluva lot better.

or we could just go with Daynio's wild concept. It probably was the single best wild logo i've seen.

Concept in reference:

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=51527

In fact if the wild was to adopt what daynio created, they probably would have the single best looking design in the league. ^_^

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

The Wild update is good. Their choice to dump the hideous green jersey is worth applause.

But the one thing that does irk me is why the red piping going down the sleeves of the white jersey can't be as thick as the red stripe along the bottom. Or even a red cuff stripe.

A-

Another thing I will add. The Lake Erie Monsters and Montreal Canadiens jerseys make my confident that the Ducks jerseys can look the same. The only thing that intrigues me is whether or not they will be using the bronze dazzle because that material retains water even more than the polyester fabric the jersey itself is made of.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

These Wild jerseys are my least favorite of all the new ones (except maybe the Islanders). The white jerseys are OK, and if the darks had been the same general template, I might be okay. But the darks are boring, the piping and colored panels are nonsensical, and (most importantly) don't match the whites at all. They look like jerseys from two completely different teams, except for the small logo in the center of the dark jersey crest.

I had hoped they would use the circle crest as the primary for both jerseys, ditch the minor-league caliber wordmark logo and go for a simpler, classic look, but they botched it. Daynio's concept isn't perfect by any means, but it's ten steps in the right direction.

Way to go, Wild!

capnWIL4.jpg

I hate to sound whiney, but these both suck, and I'll explain WHY I don't like them.

To start... is EVERY ****ING team that had a green jersey getting rid of that as a primary color? (Dallas, now Minnesota...) Nobody uses that color, and it's so unique. Too many teams use red, just off the bat they lose points because of that.

Next (we'll start with the red). There's nothing special about the jersey. It's kind of plain, the piping looks awful with the thicker tan stripes on the arms and I absolutely HATE the circle logo.

As for the white... to the untrained eye it looks "pretty much the same" but what really ruins it is the fact that the arm PIPING is so thin and different from the bottom of the jersey STRIPING. With the old jerseys there was an actual UNIFORM to the design... now it's just a mess... but, to gain back some points, at least it's similar to before.

The last problem I have, which I have with any team that does it, is the jerseys are not congruent to each other. I hate it when teams have a home and away jersey that look nothing alike. You heard me Montreal Canadiens and New York Rangers (and now Minnesota Wild).

</whine>

I did a modest search of the pages from the 29th and 30th of August and didn't see this piece of info. I'm sure it's there somewhere, and if it is, and anyone's gonna get pissy for posting old info., eat me, but here's a bit of a chat transcript from Chicago GM Dale Tallon on August 29th. It contains good news for both of us Hawks fans.

Bonus question: What changes will there be in the new style jersey, if any at all, and when will the Hawks show off the new jersey?

-- Dave, Northern Illinois

Tallon: September 14 we'll show it off. Everything is pretty well status quo as far as the look. It's just different fabrics and a different fit. It's a tighter fit -- more aerodynamic, more modern fabrics that are moisture wicking to improve comfort level so players will be able to stay cool for a longer period of time. But the overall jersey will look the same.

capnWIL4.jpg

Love it, love it, love it, love it!!!!

I too would've liked for the circle logo to be on the roads, but this is yet more evidence that teams weren't forced to do a radical change for the Edge transition. Except for a couple of MINOR changes, they're the same. Great job!

Anybody who is bashing this is backing up my assertion that some people just can not be pleased, and will bitch just to bitch. :D

I did a modest search of the pages from the 29th and 30th of August and didn't see this piece of info. I'm sure it's there somewhere, and if it is, and anyone's gonna get pissy for posting old info., eat me, but here's a bit of a chat transcript from Chicago GM Dale Tallon on August 29th. It contains good news for both of us Hawks fans.

Bonus question: What changes will there be in the new style jersey, if any at all, and when will the Hawks show off the new jersey?

-- Dave, Northern Illinois

Tallon: September 14 we'll show it off. Everything is pretty well status quo as far as the look. It's just different fabrics and a different fit. It's a tighter fit -- more aerodynamic, more modern fabrics that are moisture wicking to improve comfort level so players will be able to stay cool for a longer period of time. But the overall jersey will look the same.

And I'll be ordering my authentic the very next day! Damn I love 'Hawks jerseys.

The Wild did an Ok job. Better than some (FL, NYI to name a few) that's for sure. The home doesn't do it for me. Wish they would have kept green as the color, maybe it will be back as a third later (hopefully). Never really cared for the circle logo. I like the white much better with the exception of the "WILD" shoulder patches. That "WILD" logo should be gone and never seen again. Another thing is for a team that has been around for less than 10 years they seem to try too hard to be oldschool, maybe it's just me. Grade: C

The Wild did an Ok job. Better than some (FL, NYI to name a few) that's for sure. The home doesn't do it for me. Wish they would have kept green as the color, maybe it will be back as a third later (hopefully). Never really cared for the circle logo. I like the white much better with the exception of the "WILD" shoulder patches. That "WILD" logo should be gone and never seen again. Another thing is for a team that has been around for less than 10 years they seem to try too hard to be oldschool, maybe it's just me. Grade: C

I hope they bring the green back as the home when the time comes.

I would rather seen the Wild go with the red jersey, but have a white jersey of that has their road jersey. Also would of had the piping and stripe on the sleeve the same size. Other than than, I'm pleasantly surprised with the Wild set. Nice work!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Another thing is for a team that has been around for less than 10 years they seem to try too hard to be oldschool, maybe it's just me. Grade: C

This is going to be incredibly snarky of me, and I apologize, Buckeyepete. This isn't personal.

As a Wild fan, I hear this all the time. It has to be one of the stupidest things anybody could choose to complain about, especially given the uber-crapiness of the team's name. Anyone who has to ask why the Wild went that route knows nothing about Minnesota hockey or the Wild organization. The North Stars never really wanted to be part of the larger fabric of Minnesota hockey, and that hurt them in the long run. The Gophers and the high schools were seen as competition, and were never mentioned. In contrast, the Wild have embraced this, and have taken their spot therein. Yes, "State of Hockey" is a marketing item created by the Wild, but by and large, it has been adopted by the entire state, if not officially. High school and college sweaters line the concourses of the Xcel Energy Center, news clippings as well. With hockey being such an ingrained part of Minnesota culture, it only makes sense to me that the Wild would make every attempt to stay true to the game's roots, therefore they have an "old-school" look. It screams "hockey," and therefore screams "Minnesota," at least in the US. Yeah, I'm a Minnesota patriot. So what, wanna fight about it? :D

Besides, I thought expansion teams going all new-fangled was something bad.

From the Oilers :

The Edmonton Oilers will unveil their new RBK Edge game jerseys at the Joey Moss Cup on Sunday, September 16th, at Rexall Place.

The Joey Moss Cup is the Oilers annual inter-squad game that caps off ATCO Training Camp. Tickets for the Joey Moss Cup are $5 each. All proceeds will be donated to the Winnifred Stewart Association and Joey?s Home by the Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation. The Oilers Community Foundation will also raise funds through the sale of a limited edition Joey Moss Cup puck at the game.

Five hundred lucky fans in attendance will also win the opportunity to have their picture taken with one of several Oilers players following the game in a private photo session.

The doors of Rexall Place open at 12:00 Noon, with the puck drop at 1:00 p.m.

Homer%20Simpson%20Sabres.jpg

From the Oilers :

The Edmonton Oilers will unveil their new RBK Edge game jerseys at the Joey Moss Cup on Sunday, September 16th, at Rexall Place.

The Joey Moss Cup is the Oilers annual inter-squad game that caps off ATCO Training Camp. Tickets for the Joey Moss Cup are $5 each. All proceeds will be donated to the Winnifred Stewart Association and Joey?s Home by the Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation. The Oilers Community Foundation will also raise funds through the sale of a limited edition Joey Moss Cup puck at the game.

Five hundred lucky fans in attendance will also win the opportunity to have their picture taken with one of several Oilers players following the game in a private photo session.

From the Oilers :

The last problem I have, which I have with any team that does it, is the jerseys are not congruent to each other. I hate it when teams have a home and away jersey that look nothing alike. You heard me Montreal Canadiens and New York Rangers (and now Minnesota Wild).

At least those teams' jerseys have the same crest.

Archived