2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

I can see why the home jerseys have the DALLAS on them. It shows city pride. All the home fans will have the dark jersey with DALLAS on it. It advertises the city more than anything. While I know it's not the smartest idea from the home-away standpoint, it isn't that bad of an idea for the city. You are far more likely to sell a lot more hoome jerseys, so when people where them around, it will be advertising the city. It's even a good way to trap tourists into getting the jersey, to say "I've been to Dallas". It might be able to capture some non-hockey fans even.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am sure I missed something either on this thread or elsewhere, but allow me to ask what may be an obvious question:

In light of the "Dallas STARS" on the white and the "DALLAS" on the dark, is there any chance that they are switching back to white at home. I doubt it, based on this board, but it just seems so silly that the Stars would not flip/flop it.

Nope, its darks at home. AFAIK, its a league wide rule that teams wear the darks at home, white on the road. Individual teams aren't allowed to make those decisions.

I can see why the home jerseys have the DALLAS on them. It shows city pride. All the home fans will have the dark jersey with DALLAS on it. It advertises the city more than anything. While I know it's not the smartest idea from the home-away standpoint, it isn't that bad of an idea for the city. You are far more likely to sell a lot more hoome jerseys, so when people where them around, it will be advertising the city. It's even a good way to trap tourists into getting the jersey, to say "I've been to Dallas". It might be able to capture some non-hockey fans even.

I think it's cause the Stars logo isn't powerful enough to look as appealing on either a green or a black jersey. To be honest, the script does look better. The logo seems very important to the fans though, as it remained untouched, no update nothing. On a green jersey, it would disapear, on a black jersey, it would look muddy. Since there isn't much that can be done, they used a script.

exactly!

and if people hate them, for some reason, they can switch them to look like the away jerseys with the original stars logo; an easy fix

I think it's cause the Stars logo isn't powerful enough to look as appealing on either a green or a black jersey. To be honest, the script does look better. The logo seems very important to the fans though, as it remained untouched, no update nothing. On a green jersey, it would disapear, on a black jersey, it would look muddy. Since there isn't much that can be done, they used a script.

yep. they tried it already and it didnt stick with the fans - why repeat failure?

Stars2.gif

yep. they tried it already and it didnt stick with the fans - why repeat failure?

Stars2.gif

I own the Minnesota version of the black jersey and I think it has to be one of the finest looking jerseys ever to be worn on the ice. People liked it, only when they brought in their third jersey did people realise "wow, these are awfully plain" and opt for the jersey that was worn when the Stanley Cup was won.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Stars2.gif

you have no idea what you're talking about.

those uniforms are actually the most popular dallas stars jerseys among the stars fan base. anyone that has one still wears it, and if you don't have one, you're searching ebay for one in your size.

I like the direction that Dallas went with their unis. I can't stand their current uniform set. Just because they are the "Stars" doesn't mean they should have gone with a uniform with a huge star or a virtual constellation of stars all over it.

Less is more in this case.

I'd buy a jersey like this if I actually still gave a damn about hockey.

"I know it a little late, but we felt that it was time to pay our respect to the victims of Katrina. Many of the flood victims in New Orleans refugees have chosen to settle in Dallas, leaving behind their beloved New Orleans Saints. As a gesture to these New Orleansianites we have removed the green from our home jerseys to resemble the Saints' jerseys. We just want the refugees to feel at home and come support their new home team.....the DALLAS Stars."

-Doug Armstrong

Found this on the net. :D

Stars2.gif

you have no idea what you're talking about.

those uniforms are actually the most popular dallas stars jerseys among the stars fan base. anyone that has one still wears it, and if you don't have one, you're searching ebay for one in your size.

uh huh :rolleyes:

Archived