2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
there is absolutely nothing wrong with those leafs jerseys... i'm tired of everyone being such whiny little babies about every unveiling, too.

some really ARE bad... but most of them are boring, and boring is good.

No need to get nasty.

Let's keep the comments about the designs, not the posters.

Wow the Avs really fooled everyone when they said no changes. Terrible they would have been better off with something similar to the Monster jerseys. Toronto is OK, it does look like a practice jersey. Couldn't they have added sleeve patches to fill in some of that empty space? Stripes along the bottom would have been nice too.

hey now.. that mannequin's abs are as hard as a wooden board...... ummm, yeah... on a more serious note.. i like the avs aways.. home could use some white to separate the blue and maroon. the leafs... yeah.. well they are just plain.... not bad.. but plain... way back i was really excited as a graphic artist to see what great jerseys would be unveiled... i get excited when i hear of new logos and jerseys... but in all honesty.... as a whole it has really disappointed me. i will still watch and love all hockey,, no doubt... but it's just not the same... ugh. long live the echl and the cool logo and jersey designs.... but i digress.

sig.png

toobad.jpg

I think this would make my Avs jerseys a million times better. Same goes for the home jerseys.

And if the blue and silver chest piping stopped at the same point where the burgundy side panels end, you'd really be on to something.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

toobad.jpg

I think this would make my Avs jerseys a million times better. Same goes for the home jerseys.

And if the blue and silver chest piping stopped at the same point where the burgundy side panels end, you'd really be on to something.

And if the jersey were less hideous, then it'd really be great.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

My intuition tells me that the Leafs new jerseys are what Reebok designed for the tuck in template and that they kept them because Leaf fans will support the team no matter how poor the product is. I don't mean to impugn Leaf fans. It's really a testament to their dedication and fervor ....... I think many of the other vertical looking uniforms are relics of the tucked in prototypes as well. We should remember that Reebok had tucked in jerseys designed and ready to go for every team three years ago but changed their plans because of a huge amount of backlash towards tucked in jerseys.

DEATH TO REEBOK

So Pritch, I can't tell.. do you like the new Leafs jerseys? Your 57 one sentence posts saying the same thing since the sweaters were unveiled clearly isn't getting the point across....

I'm not suprised hardly anyone likes them, nobody likes anything. Ask yourselves, would you rather look like Nashville or what they unveiled? I'm sure none of you would say Nashville up there in Toronto. 80% of Leafs fans on this board demanded something traditional and not modern, that's exactly what you got, and now you strongly dislike it. Of course, opinions are opinions so I guess I'll take these posts with a grain of salt.

For the Avalanche, WTF. I was a huge Avalanche fan in the 90's and up until I fell out of Hockey interest only recently, but come on.. you have a distinctive look, so hey! Get rid of it! The away sweater isn't too bad, but the home is just down right hidious. Burgandy on Blue, with no distinctive color to seperate them? Boy that sure is gunna look muddy on TV.

Archived