2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

Man, the Leafs blew it big time. BIGGGGGGG time.

Ok, we get it. You don't like the Maple Leafs new jerseys. Please stop your bitching and whining.

I'd rather him whine about the Leafs jersey then cry like a girl about how he wasn't first to get a video game.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why do people think that the new Avs jersey is similar to the Predators? It's clearly not. It has the same front piping and same arm stripes as the Blue Jackets/Panthers sweater. Add the silly elbow stripes of the Florida look, and the Avs are the exact same thing.

Its the same template. Blue jackets has a totally different template.

My main point is that the Avs are far more similar to the Panthers than they are the Predators.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Why do people think that the new Avs jersey is similar to the Predators? It's clearly not. It has the same front piping and same arm stripes as the Blue Jackets/Panthers sweater. Add the silly elbow stripes of the Florida look, and the Avs are the exact same thing.

Its the same template. Blue jackets has a totally different template.

Actually, all four of those are the same template, excepting the collars.

capnPRE3.jpg

capnBLUJ4.jpg

capnPAN4.jpg

capnAVA3.jpg

It's like a coloring book, really. You can see where the Jackets could have had the piping and side panels, but they chose to keep them the same color.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

My thoughts:

The maroon to blue transition on the Avs home needs something. Seeing those colors like that reminds me of sublimated design jerseys.

If the Leafs keep the same socks as last season, it's going to look terrible.

Just got home and saw all of the new uniforms. Comments about each one.

Ducks: I'm glad they kept the bottom curve, no cookie-cutter bull, just glad they are the same. I'm hoping the orange stripes are just a little thicker though. Nice addition of orange to the collar.

Sabres: Same everything + nhl logo at collar. Not much to be said.

and now it's just going downhill from here...

Avs: Eh, I'm just not impressed, I might just get used of them but it's too bad they didn't try something original.

Leafs: Pointless...pointless changes! :cursing: The Coyotes are doing the same thing but they also added stripes to the pants so at least it creates a balance with the 2 colors. Templating for the sake of templating. On TV, they will look all blue cause the sleeves won't be very visible. So is this the new retro, now 2 colors are too much so let's use only one. Ahhhhh *sigh* much better right? And with such a simplistic design, there still keeping outlines on the numbers. F-

More about how the new Leafs jerseys are bad.

why isnt there lacing in the neck-hole?

there should be lacing in the neck-hole.

It'd be tough to put on if there were lacing in the neck hole.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Man, the Leafs blew it big time. BIGGGGGGG time.

Ok, we get it. You don't like the Maple Leafs new jerseys. Please stop your bitching and whining.

I'd rather him whine about the Leafs jersey then cry like a girl about how he wasn't first to get a video game.

How about both of you stfu. First off, Ill speak about the Leafs jersey as I please. If you dont like it, dont comment on it. Second, the video game doesnt come out until tomorrow where I live and I dont recall complaining at all so shut your mouth.

Anyways, at least the Avs have decent socks, I dont mind the jersey but it could have been ebtter. Is there a shoulder logo?

*IMG REMOVED*

I think this would make my Avs jerseys a million times better. Same goes for the home jerseys.

And if the blue and silver chest piping stopped at the same point where the burgundy side panels end, you'd really be on to something.

This edit illustrates that there was very little thought put into the new uniforms. The design team just slapped a logo on to an existing template and the end result is very generic.

The Avs have a recognizable stripe pattern that should have been translated to the new uniform.

Really? You work for Reebok, were involved with the whole process, and know enough to post facts such as this one? That's fantastic, tell me more.

I don't need to work for Reebok to criticize a uniform or to understand what went into a design process. An educated guess will tell you that the Avalanche's jersey is based on a template and that certain elements don't appear to be very well thought out. As far as "facts" are concerned, what exactly is factual about a uniform design?

I think you need to chill out. I am allowed an opinion and this needn't get personal. You're crossing the line and bordering on juvenile.

Personal? It's a message board my friend, nothing personal here. I have every right to criticize something I feel to be wrong, and most of your statements (in my opinion) have been misguided by your extreme and odd bias against anything that Reebok does.

As Gothamite continualy says, each team got what they wanted. Teams don't have to change, they chose to change.

How about both of you stfu. First off, Ill speak about the Leafs jersey as I please. If you dont like it, dont comment on it. Second, the video game doesnt come out until tomorrow where I live and I dont recall complaining at all so shut your mouth.

Anyways, at least the Avs have decent socks, I dont mind the jersey but it could have been ebtter. Is there a shoulder logo?

Outstanding attitude, keep up the good work.

Leafs: Pointless...pointless changes! :cursing:The Coyotes are doing the same thing but they also added stripes to the pants so at least it creates a balance with the 2 colors. Templating for the sake of templating. On TV, they will look all blue cause the sleeves won't be very visible. So is this the new retro, now 2 colors are too much so let's use only one. Ahhhhh *sigh* much better right? And with such a simplistic design, there still keeping outlines on the numbers. F-

I thought this wasn't true. The Coyotes have bits of stripes the run horizontally on the sides? I thought I saw a picture of that and I think it looks sharp. The Leafs should have tried to do this first.

Leafs: Pointless...pointless changes! :cursing:The Coyotes are doing the same thing but they also added stripes to the pants so at least it creates a balance with the 2 colors. Templating for the sake of templating. On TV, they will look all blue cause the sleeves won't be very visible. So is this the new retro, now 2 colors are too much so let's use only one. Ahhhhh *sigh* much better right? And with such a simplistic design, there still keeping outlines on the numbers. F-

I thought this wasn't true. The Coyotes have bits of stripes the run horizontally on the sides? I thought I saw a picture of that and I think it looks sharp. The Leafs should have tried to do this first.

Well here's my image, from nhl 08.

capnCOY1.jpg

Many jerseys from action shots of the game turned out to be real. I've gained a bit of faith from these.

Archived