2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Box art sir?

NHL08_082307_spot.jpgNHL08x360PFTfrontboxart_160w.jpg

Both from IGN, whats with the edit on the piping?

Not only that, but if you look closer, you'll notice that the NHL shield is missing from the neck. In fact, I think the one on the cover may be last year's jersey, while the one on the right may be a touch-up to look like an Edge-erooni.

Veddy interehsting.

philly.png

I thought I would make a separate post for this... but it appears Dallas is not changing their logos as previously stated.

Dallas was never changing their logos. The logo you see above will be on the road white jerseys, while the arched "DALLAS" will be on the black home jerseys.

That may not be happening is what I was getting at in my tired state.

Flame is 100% correct with his statement.

Just to make sure I don't mis-understand you Neon, are you saying you've heard something out there that Dallas may not be going to the "DALLAS" on the black jerseys?

Also, I know everyone's been saying that the Stars will unveil their new unis on Sept. 14 or 15, But they're having an "icebreaker" party with the fans on Sept. 8. You think they could possibly unveil on that day?

usa-sm.giffinland-sm.gifstars1-sm.gifdall1-sm.gif

I'm not anticipating much, if any, change, but I haven't heard anything about when the Blackhawks are unveiling their Edge jerseys. Does anybody know when that's coming?

It seems like teams who aren't making too much of a change (see Red Wings, Rangers, Kings) don't have official "unveilings", so I would presume the Blackhawks aren't going to either. It'll probably leak out some time within the next few weeks, much like a lot of other teams will.

Just my two cents on the Senators (if anyone cares)...I certainly prefer the profile-view logo. I think that would have been a great primary on both jerseys. And, I really would have preferred that they incorporate more of the Gold into the design...give them a bit more of a unique look.

I'm guessing this is unique to this specific item, but I found it interesting:

3430603fgw8.jpg

I don't recall ever seeing the "DETROIT" print ever included like this. Maybe some of you stumbled upon this already, but for those who haven't, here ya go.

That thing looks pregnant. Maybe the Tigers and Lions did the rapid Piston dance to the Wings, obviously it looks like its pregnant with a 'detroit' baby. :D

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I think Sens and Leafs fans need to take a timeout for a few hours, or days. I really don't know what was worse, the fake leaks or your constant bitching and bickering. You guys are really starting to annoy the fu*k outta me.

Okay everyone bucfan is getting annoyed, so I guess we have to stop.

senators20072008uniformdp1.jpg

photo by Anice Wong

Now here's a glowing example of how these Edge Jerseys can go ever, ever so wrong. Look at Chris Neil. The guy is obviously wearing a jersey too small for him. Put some weight on in the off season have you? There are rolls there, the jersey is stretched to the max, the numbers are wonky and stretched out...

I'd be *embarrassed*. Wow. Maybe it's a good thing though, it'll instantly show teams which players show up for training camp obviously out of shape.

I don't think those are rolls he's in good shape, I'm sure it's just the equipment, but I agree that these jerseys all look so thin and stretched.

Neil has cankles...

Riveting...

Hi, how are you?

Those copperplate numbers are freaking terrible. Ugh, hurts my eyes.

You mean on the Canada jerseys, right? Or Columbus? The Sens' numbers are certainly not Copperplate.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Oh those are Canada jerseys, my mistake. I feel better now, I was feeling rather insulted that the sens had kicked themselves in the nuts by going w/ copperplate. Thanks for the clarification.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Hmmm, they should use Roman Numerals :P it would get tough for the numberslike 30, hehehe XXX

I actually tried Roman Numberals a few years ago (in the glory days of Rob Ray)

http://www.geocities.com/rogerclemente_isx...Senators-16.gif

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Just to make sure I don't mis-understand you Neon, are you saying you've heard something out there that Dallas may not be going to the "DALLAS" on the black jerseys?

You got it.

I could be wrong but it sounded as though Dallas was going to use their normal logo on both jerseys now and not just the road.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

The Wild should of kept their current design intact even with that template.

OK, I see what you're saying. Even with the Isles template, it still looks like a proper sweater, and that's the best any of us can hope for with this Edge bit.

And for the record, I actually like the Isles jerseys.

OK, I see what you're saying. Even with the Isles template, it still looks like a proper sweater, and that's the best any of us can hope for with this Edge bit.

I'm not so bothered by the Edge templates as I am about the likelihood of the Wild using that red/green combo. I loved the retro styling of their recent third jerseys, but the colors make them look like Christmas elves on ice. It's a horrible color combination when the red and green are so prominent. I found it much more appealing when white or green were the primary colors with red and gold as accents.

This sort of brings up what I've been wondering about with the Senators' jerseys. So far, all the jerseys that have been released have maintained a more-or-less classic look when seen on the players... but most of them we've only seen without full equipment. Panthers and Capitals were seen with equipment on, but they still looked rather decent and .. well, like hockey jerseys.

The Senators, however, look awful. They look cheap, like someone put replica jerseys with silkscreened numbers on them. I don't know if this is because they got the jersey sizes wrong, or if it's a result of the flash photography used, but in the photos of the players wearing them, they look.. hands down.. BAD.

The Isles jersey on DiPietro looks great, in comparison.

So.. I'm going to be keeping a close eye on things when the season begins. I'll be seeing a lot of Senators games on TV on CBC, so I'm going to be looking. I'm curious as to why they, so far, are the only team to look so unprofessional in those uniforms, in my eyes.

I'm not so bothered by the Edge templates as I am about the likelihood of the Wild using that red/green combo. I loved the retro styling of their recent third jerseys, but the colors make them look like Christmas elves on ice. It's a horrible color combination when the red and green are so prominent. I found it much more appealing when white or green were the primary colors with red and gold as accents.

Ugh, that "Christmas colors" argument is so played out. I guess the Maple Leafs are skating around in Chanukah colors? There should be a giant menorah hanging over center ice at the ACC? The chant should be "Goy Leafs, Goy?"

OK...that last one went too far. :D

PS...Sioux suck. :P

Archived