Bonds Breaking Home Run Record

Jeremy12

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RichardWitham needs a valium, or a couple of beers, or to take some time to walk in a park and look at the Golden Gate.

Actually, he just needs some :censored:, but what else is new?

And I got a mod edit for saying something harmless about RichardWitham's name? :D

BB52Big.jpg

Once upon a time, OJ Simpson was found not guilty of double murder. People still think he's guilty as hell in spite of that.

He was found guilty in the civil trial. And I think we can all agree that the OJ trial didn't exactly prove much of anything.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

So now what? Does he retire after this year, or get traded to the Yanks/RedSox and complete his career with a ring? Either way, the guy who will chase bonds in 6 years will need to look further than 756. I'd say something it'll be in the 800 range now.

So now what? Does he retire after this year, or get traded to the Yanks/RedSox and complete his career with a ring? Either way, the guy who will chase bonds in 6 years will need to look further than 756. I'd say something it'll be in the 800 range now.

If I heard right, he's like 80-90 hits away from 3000.

If I heard right, he's like 80-90 hits away from 3000.

He's at 2,915 right now. He should be able to get there next year if he plays again and puts up numbers comparable to this years. He's on pace for 113 this season.

I'd love him on the Red Sox. Move Youk to third, and play Papi at first...

... Wishful thinking.

IUe6Hvh.png

Here's an interesting magazine article on Bonds from Muscle and Fitness June 2003 entitled "The King of Swing". Here are some excerpts.
But Bonds' rejuvenation owes itself to more than sets and reps. He's now calibrating his athletic performance at the cellular level. Since winter of 2000, Bonds has worked closely with San Francisco-based nutritional consultant Victor Conte of Balco Laboratories. Conte precisely measures the nutrient levels in the outfielder's blood, and then prescribes specific supplemental regimens to correct imbalances. Like the managers of every National League team, Bonds has noticed the difference.

"I'm just shocked by what they've been able to do for me," he says. "Before I didn't understand how important these nutrient levels were, because I was just listening to old standard nutritionists who tell you to just eat 4,000 calories a day. Everyone's body changes over time, and every individual is different. To have your blood drawn and analyzed can tell you what your body produces more of, what it lacks. You're able to create a program that fits for you as an individual."

This attention to detail is the latest advancement in sports science (see "Personalize Your Supplement Program," March 2003), and Bonds is a true believer. Given the chance, he spouts like an evangelist at a revival meeting about the importance of mineral levels and blood work.

"People don't understand how important this is," he explains. "I visit Balco every three to six months. They check my blood to make sure my levels are where they should be. Maybe I need to eat more broccoli than I normally do. Maybe my zinc and magnesium intakes need to increase, and I need more ZMA. Nobody ever showed it to me in a scientific way before, how important it is to balance your body I have that knowledge now."

"I remember a line in a movie: If you wake up in the morning and all you want to do is sing, then you're a singer.' I wake up wanting to do my job. I want to play baseball, I want to train."

Of course, adds Bonds, it helps to have a few irritants on your side. "Victor will call me to make sure I'm taking my supplements, and my trainer Greg will sit near my locker and stare at me if I don't begin working out right away. I have these guys pushing me. I'm irritated by them most of the time," he says, chuckling.

http://www.snac.com/mag_king_of_swing.htm

Of course Victor and Greg both pleaded guilty and served time for distributing steroids to professional athletes. Mostly in exchange to those that endorsed BALCO's legal product ZMA. As you can see Bonds was a ZMA endorser (this article was a ZMA promotional piece).

King of Swing? More like the Sultan of Syringes...

nav-logo.png

i really don't understand all the hate for bonds. he hasn't been proven guilty for anything that he has done. we do live in a society where we are innocent until proven guilty. now if it turns out that bonds actually did use steroids, then there is a legitimate argument. Right now, let it go. Go about your daily lives, drink a beer, look at the babes thread, maybe get laid by some women on Maple Street near 4th and Vine. but gentlemen let it go, bonds hit more home runs than Hank Aaron. now move about your daily lives.

well, I suppose some of our midwestern members would give that a go :blink:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&clien...sa=N&tab=nl

so the 4th and vine DOES exist after all. that looks like its in the middle of nowhere too. Perfect place to place the nashville predators...oh wait. there in nashville, nevermind. what were we talking about before i got interupted with suggesting people get laid in Pittsburgh, Kansas? oh yeah, War Bonds or was it Treasury bonds, oh yeah, Junk Bonds. I love me some. :D

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

[

Fair enough, but I couldn't think of a good Occam's razor argument. I think the simplest explanation for Barry Bonds hitting a lot of home runs is that he's a really good baseball player. That works, right?

There's no arguing how good the guy is. I just wish there wasn't this cloud over his achievements. The guy was supernatural before all this. If he did cheat, and I really believe he did, he never needed to. I have said it before, if Bonds had stayed clean in this era he would have gone down as the best ever. Now there will always be a cloud of doubt over his career. It's too bad.

No. Bonds, before he took steroids, was an extremely talented baseball player, certainly a lock for the Hall of Fame. He didn't make the jump to supernatural until he became a walking pharmacy, which I suppose is "more than natural."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

[

Fair enough, but I couldn't think of a good Occam's razor argument. I think the simplest explanation for Barry Bonds hitting a lot of home runs is that he's a really good baseball player. That works, right?

There's no arguing how good the guy is. I just wish there wasn't this cloud over his achievements. The guy was supernatural before all this. If he did cheat, and I really believe he did, he never needed to. I have said it before, if Bonds had stayed clean in this era he would have gone down as the best ever. Now there will always be a cloud of doubt over his career. It's too bad.

No. Bonds, before he took steroids, was an extremely talented baseball player, certainly a lock for the Hall of Fame. He didn't make the jump to supernatural until he became a walking pharmacy, which I suppose is "more than natural."

of course he is supernatural, he's batman. :D

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

[

of course he is supernatural, he's batman. :D

000935_36.jpg

THEY CAN CALL ME BATMAN!!!

(If you get this joke...cool points for life. lol.)

Once upon a time, OJ Simpson was found not guilty of double murder. People still think he's guilty as hell in spite of that.

He was found guilty in the civil trial. And I think we can all agree that the OJ trial didn't exactly prove much of anything.

exactly

oh it proved our justice system is a joke.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

How come none of y'all were claiming Sadaharu Oh as the "true" Home Run King before Barry Bonds passed The Hammer?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived