Bonds Breaking Home Run Record

Jeremy12

Haha, the only guy in attendance wearing a Met jersey gets 756

Congrats to Barry

I was thinking "What the hell?! A freakin' METS fan got it?!"

Besides that, the lasting image for me would be Barry's son jumping the railing of the dugout and going beserk as it went out. Sheer jubilation.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haha, the only guy in attendance wearing a Met jersey gets 756

Congrats to Barry

I was thinking "What the hell?! A freakin' METS fan got it?!"

Besides that, the lasting image for me would be Barry's son jumping the railing of the dugout and going beserk as it went out. Sheer jubilation.

That Mets fan just wants a challenge.....he can catch all sorts of HR-balls hit by Braves players against his Mets.....

I was happy to see him finally break it, if nothing else because it's finally over. I think the nicest thing about the whole thing was the way he reacted with his son, and paid tribute to his father. For all the crap he's taken, rightly or wrongly, over the last few years with all of this, he deserves whatever praise he gets. Who's to say any one potential cheater is any worse than any of the others. Time for everyone to move on, and salute the new king.

*756. Most awkward moment in baseball history. Aaron's appearance on the screen just made it that much weirder. Dude sounded like he was reading a eulogy. It's a damn shame that all the baggage is attached to the achievement.

Oh well, Congrats Barry. I hope it was worth it to you. I'm sure a lot of us have stated in jest that we'd trade a testicle to hit home runs in the majors. Turns out you actually did...both of them in fact. Giant head, shriveled balls and a :censored:-load of home runs. Nice work.

BB52Big.jpg

Oh is waiting.

Ah yes, the TRUE king is still intact. 868 FTW.

How many did Josh Gibson hit? :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Thoughts ...

Mike Bacsik becomes this generation's Al Downing.

Could the bottom line during SportsCenter have been any more obnoxious in announcing that Bonds had broken the record? I came to from a nap to see that Bonds had hit 756, so I missed it live. Baseball's pretty exciting like that. Then I flipped between ESPN & ESPN2 for coverage and that's where I got to see the 756 leaping at the screen from the bottom line. Time for the graphics gurus in Bristol to start designing their "Chasing Bonds" effects for Alex Rodriguez ...

It must stink to be Biggio or Glavine or Sosa or the aforementioned A-Rod ... your accomplishments have now been overshadowed. Good news: no one's making issue of the Phillies reaching 10,000 losses anymore.

Isn't it a bit much to have the same guy holding the single-season and career home run marks? It was okay when the Babe held both, but let me know the next time the adjective "Bondsian" is ever used to describe anything.

Can I go back to poring over fantasy football draft information now?

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Why was it okay for George Ruth to hold the single season and career home run records, but it's not okay for Barry Bonds?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived