2007 Little League World Series jerseys

MJWalker45

The local TV station here was showing the Chandler Little League team in PA for the World Series. The new jerseys have shoulder stripes and side stripes. Numbers are the Georgia Tech font and the letters are as well. They don't look to bad. The shoulder/sleeve stripe is pretty thick, not just a thin stripe like they had prior. The side stripe goes all the way up to the end of the sleeve as well.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I am probably the only one, but I wish the teams would wear whatever uniforms they wore locally during the regular season. When I was a little leaguer way back in the '80s, I would have been proud to show the world my "real" uniform if I made it to the LLWS (they were heavy old timey white flannels with pinstripes)

LT

I am probably the only one, but I wish the teams would wear whatever uniforms they wore locally during the regular season. When I was a little leaguer way back in the '80s, I would have been proud to show the world my "real" uniform if I made it to the LLWS (they were heavy old timey white flannels with pinstripes)

LT

Your lucky, your LL unis were real nice. Mine were powder blue jerseys and pants with red numbers. Every year. Every team. We just had different cap colors. Those were the early 80's for you.

But I agree, I'd rather the LL teams wear their local town uniforms, rather than a generic "Southwest" or whatever. The team isn't comprised of players from an entire region, it's just a town, so they should wear their town's name.

LT

Your lucky, your LL unis were real nice. Mine were powder blue jerseys and pants with red numbers. Every year. Every team. We just had different cap colors. Those were the early 80's for you.

But I agree, I'd rather the LL teams wear their local town uniforms, rather than a generic "Southwest" or whatever. The team isn't comprised of players from an entire region, it's just a town, so they should wear their town's name.

But like stated earlier, what if teams in different regions have the same color of uniforms? If two teams with red jerseys were to play each other, it would end up being somewhat confusing.

The cool thing about the jerseys is that the unis try to match the location. Canada's are red-white, Japan's white-red, Mexico's green-red, etc. The US team jerseys are done in local color schemes. The Midwest is in Cubs colors, the Northwest is in Oregon colors, the Mideast in Mets colors, etc.

LT

But like stated earlier, what if teams in different regions have the same color of uniforms? If two teams with red jerseys were to play each other, it would end up being somewhat confusing.

Excellent point. However, don't they have to play in their local unis all the way through their tournaments until they actually get to the WS? Still, for the TV audience, the concern has merit.

LT

LT

Excellent point. However, don't they have to play in their local unis all the way through their tournaments until they actually get to the WS? Still, for the TV audience, the concern has merit.

LT

LT

The LLWS organizers don't want that -- have you looked at the logo creep? Wilson helmets, New Era caps, Russell jerseys, X-Box undershirts, logos on the batting gloves, etc ... they now look worse than Mexican soccer players!

Here is something that bothers me about the whole thing. After the pool play is over the American team that survives plays the best International team. Shouldn't they wear USA jerseys just for that one game? That would be something extra for the kids to be proud of.

Archived