Ohio unveils "Heritage Line" of Logos

WhoDey42

Today Ohio University unveiled our "Heritage Line." It is a group of 5 logos that have been used in the past that are being brought back to be available for licensing for merchandise.

Our last AD brought in the new logo (the "Attack Cat") and completely got rid of the paw print which really ticked a lot of people off because it was around for so long. But now the new AD is brining it back for retail only. None are going to be anywhere on athletic uniforms.

interlockingou.jpgcircleohio.jpgattackcat.jpgstandingcat.jpgpaw.jpg

http://ohiobobcats.cstv.com/genrel/082007aaa.html

Today Ohio University unveiled our "Heritage Line." It is a group of 5 logos that have been used in the past that are being brought back to be available for licensing for merchandise.

Our last AD brought in the new logo (the "Attack Cat") and completely got rid of the paw print which really ticked a lot of people off because it was around for so long. But now the new AD is brining it back for retail only. None are going to be anywhere on athletic uniforms.

interlockingou.jpgcircleohio.jpgattackcat.jpgstandingcat.jpgpaw.jpg

http://ohiobobcats.cstv.com/genrel/082007aaa.html

The cat with the sweater absolutely ROCKS.

I cannot stress how little I am feeling the interlocking OU and the "circle".

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I know from working at a college and trying to maintain some graphic consistency that this could be a nightmare for OU. I bet anything that there will be a groundswell from alumni to bring one of these back as the "full-time" logo.

I know from working at a college and trying to maintain some graphic consistency that this could be a nightmare for OU. I bet anything that there will be a groundswell from alumni to bring one of these back as the "full-time" logo.

and that one will be the paw logo. I like it myself, but don't think that it should be appear on any of the uniforms, especially not the football helmets. That's clemson's thing, not our thing. If they put the paw in white on a dark green hat, I'll buy it.

PvO6ZWJ.png

and that one will be the paw logo. I like it myself, but don't think that it should be appear on any of the uniforms, especially not the football helmets. That's clemson's thing, not our thing. If they put the paw in white on a dark green hat, I'll buy it.

i'm sure that paw logo has great "history", but there are SO MANY middle and high schools across the country that use such a logo that it screams small-time to me

jldesigns404eo.png

Those old school logos are GREAT! There is one that seems missing, though. It was the outline of the state of Ohio with a script Ohio inside with rounded Os.

Thanks for posting these.

FsQiF2W.png

I cannot stress how little I am feeling the interlocking OU and the "circle".

If the O in the "OU" logo was a normal circle instead of looking like Martinsville Speedway, it would be better.

interlockingou.jpg

Ohio U wanted a mark that interlocked, but didn't look like the treatment given to the letters O and U used by Oregon and Oklahoma? That's my rationale for why the logo looks as it looks.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

yep, Oregon used a block interlocking UO that's almost the exact opposite of Oklahoma (don't get your UOs and OUs mixed up, non-west-coast-ers!), plus it was usually green too, so maybe that weird-yet-cool interlocking design was done to avoid that.

cool stuff, love the cat in the sweater, less in love with the cat face. one of my favorite teachers from high school went to Ohio, I'm sure he'd love the old-school stuff like this.

harperdc.gif

<---------------- See avatar for a great example of a logo I would love to see in use again.

I bought a window sticker with that logo (or one pretty similar to it) my freshman year of college and never saw it after that.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

standingcat.jpg

Am I the only one who is reminded of Snagglepuss?

I get a Fritz vibe.

That weird Ohio in a circle logo's kinda neat.

I'm always a bit weary of cats, wearing college sweaters, standing on their hind legs, with their paw behind their back rubbing their chin.

Its a bit too spooky for me.

That being said...The generic paw works the best for me quite honestly.

Archived