"Official" 2007 College Football Thread

Drew22

Colorado just beat Oklahoma. 27-24, field goal as time expired. All I can say is, "wow"

Watched the whole game... 4 INT's, all on tipped balls. Oklahoma went up 24-7 and Colorado's defense stepped up and shut down the Sooners... The turning point of the game though was when the Buffs were called for a hold that wasn't a hold and on the insuing punt, Oklahoma's returner muffs it and CU recovers. They score the TD, hold the Sooners to a punt and drove down the field and won.

AWESOME GAME!!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So....

#1-USC-Washington 8:00

#2-LSU-Win vs. Tulane

#3-Oklahoma-LOST to Colorado

#4-Florida-Auburn

#5-WVU-LOST to USF

#6-Cal-Leading Oregon

#7-Texas-LOSING vs. Kansas State

#8-Ohio State-Minnesota 8:00

#9-Wisconsin-Tied vs Mich St

#10-Rutgers-LOSING to Maryland

#11-Oregon-LOSING to Cal

#12-BC-Win vs. UMass

#13-Clemson-LOST to GT

#14-Kentucky-Win vs. FAU

#15-Georgia-Win vs. Ole Miss

saBS.png

Wow...the Big Twelve North Strikes Back!

I'm happy surprised Nebraska survived this wacky day, but those Blackshirts need to stop sucking it up.

Big East may have hurt itself a little today.

Congrats to Illinois, and I'm still down on Wisconsin.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Wow, Purdue looked horrible today, especially on defense.

If Purdue looked "terrible" today, how would you describe your Irish, who in playing their best and most complete game of the season, STILL lost by double digits (despite the Boilermakers complete lack of interest in playing defense for a long stretch of the second half)?

Aside: Uniform notes of the day. The Minny Golden Gophers are wearing golden yellow jerseys and pants. At least their helmets are maroon or else we'd have a worse debacle than the Syracuse all-Orange. Annnnnnd...why are the Oregon State Beavers wearing bras? Seriously, who thought THAT bib was a good idea? It's like they started to put the basketball team practice jerseys on and just said, ":censored: it!"

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Colorado just beat Oklahoma. 27-24, field goal as time expired. All I can say is, "wow"

Great game. I am happy for Colorado but even more so for my Sun Devils which makes their 19 point win over Colorado look that much better. BUT we do have a game to win at Stanford today so I can't get ahead of myself.

Can't wait to see the rankings.

PopHeading-1.gif

If Purdue looked "terrible" today, how would you describe your Irish, who in playing their best and most complete game of the season, STILL lost by double digits (despite the Boilermakers complete lack of interest in playing defense for a long stretch of the second half)?

Remember who is talking.

Aside: Uniform notes of the day. The Minny Golden Gophers are wearing golden yellow jerseys and pants. At least their helmets are maroon or else we'd have a worse debacle than the Syracuse all-Orange. Annnnnnd...why are the Oregon State Beavers wearing bras? Seriously, who thought THAT bib was a good idea? It's like they started to put the basketball team practice jerseys on and just said, ":censored: it!"

You are aware of the fact that he was digging on the Irish? This IS Will we're talking about here, plus, I'm quite confident he's not a Notre Dame fan.

You are aware of the fact that he was digging on the Irish? This IS Will we're talking about here, plus, I'm quite confident he's not a Notre Dame fan.

Will's an ND fan, alright, but he's just as aware of the fact that ND could play great, and Purdue could play as bad as they did, and Purdue would still win as they did today.

*hums Wildcat Victory

Texas who?

It's a safe bet that a couple of teams were thinking about a game in Dallas next week instead of today's games.....

Stupid of them, if true. Especially since K-State beat Texas last year. That's what you get for underestimating a team that's proven apt to play the role of David (I'm sure Carson Palmer has nothing positive to say about K-State.)

cttdolphins2.png

Auburn's currently up 14-0 at Florida, late in the 2nd quarter.

17-10 Auburn now, beginning of the 4th. The way this one is going, Florida may win simply because Auburn won't have any players left via injuries.

BTW nice win against Ole Miss.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Auburn's currently up 14-0 at Florida, late in the 2nd quarter.

17-10 Auburn now, beginning of the 4th. The way this one is going, Florida may win simply because Auburn won't have any players left via injuries.

BTW nice win against Ole Miss.

Ole Miss is a really solid team. For three quarters, they gave Georgia plenty of fits, then UGA's depth kicked in. It didn't hurt that Georgia had 300 yards rushing today. The final score doesn't show how close a game this was.

Archived