"Official" 2007 College Football Thread

Drew22

Imagine what the Top 3 could be if Florida wins:

1. Ohio State

2. Cal

3. South Florida or Boston College

How in the heck are you putting Ohio ahead of Cal?

The Buckeyes should have won that game 40-0, but dumb interceptions by Boeckman made the score look closer that it really was. Even if Florida won over the Bayou Bengals, USF wouldn't make it to No. 3 because they played down to Florida Atlantic yesterday.

Ohio State is a solid No. 3, preceded by LSU and Cal. However, Cal should be looking at a loss somewhere down the road. Possibly against Arizona State.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And with the USC loss, THE Appalachian State University has the longest home winning streak in Division I. The Apps have a 30 game winning streak at home, and if I remember correctly, it was a playoff loss to Maine in 2002.

For the record, App beat Gardner-Webb in their homecoming 45-7.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

41-6 Missouri.

That sound you are hearing is Nebraska's defensive coordinator cleaning out his office.

Oh man! What a great win for the Mizzou football program, I know people are saying that it's not the same Nebraska program, and that the Huskers played a bad game, but I just want to point out that in the 80's and 90's the score was always the other way, every year.

Every year, Nebraska would come in as a top 25 powerhouse team, with half the stands engulfed in red. They would get all the calls their way, and they were the team that was supposed to win. But not this year! This year the stands were filled with 70,000 screaming Tiger fans all clad in gold, and the Tigers were the team to beat... finally!!!

We finally where the top 25 favorite, and we finally put a beat down on the Huskers. The energy throughout the stadium was nothing I had ever witnessed before at a Missouri Tiger football game. It just seems like the world is turned upside down today in Columbia, MO as the Tigers are actually one of the best teams in the Big 12, and not somebody else.

It just feels strange having the Tigers ranked over teams like Texas, Nebraska, Florida State, Michigan, etc. I know someone here might try to bring me back down to reality, saying Missouri isn't really that good, Nebraska played a horrible game, and they will more that likely lose to OU, but I don't really care, I don't really know how to feel right now, I've lived in Columbia my whole life, and this is all strange new territory for me as a college football fan.

But today I'm just gonna sit back, relax, watch some pro football, and just feel good. And watch the replay of the game on ESPN U and see if I can catch myself in the stands :D

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

New AP Top-25

1. LSU (65) 6-0 1,625

2. California 5-0 1,538

3. Ohio State 6-0 1,511

4. Boston College 6-0 1,346

5. South Florida 5-0 1,339

6. Oklahoma 5-1 1,221

7. South Carolina 5-1 1,183

8. West Virginia 5-1 1,059

9. Oregon 4-1 1,047

10. USC 4-1 1,024

11. Missouri 5-0 966

12. Virginia Tech 5-1 910

13. Florida 4-2 822

14. Arizona State 6-0 752

15. Cincinnati 6-0 705

16. Hawaii 6-0 634

17. Kentucky 5-1 612

18. Illinois 5-1 595

19. Wisconsin 5-1 551

20. Kansas 5-0 336

21. Florida State 4-1 307

22. Auburn 4-2 248

23. Texas 4-2 136

24. Georgia 4-2 131

25. Tennessee 3-2 90

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

I like USF and all, but they're showing against FAU wasn't top 5 material, but of coarse neither was Texas' against UCF. I would put Oklahoma at 5 personally, and damn, Wisconsin sure did drop pretty darn far. BTW, can't wait for next Saturday when #11 Missouri goes to #6 Oklahoma, and it's on FSN, I hate watching College Football on FSN.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

How come Ohio State plays Akron, Toledo and other losers but suddenly they dont have the courage to play Cincy?

What? Schedules are made up years in advance. It's not like they can choose to play Cincinnatti mid-way through the season because that will help their strength of schedule.

1zqy8ok.gif

I like USF and all, but they're showing against FAU wasn't top 5 material, but of coarse neither was Texas' against UCF. I would put Oklahoma at 5 personally, and damn, Wisconsin sure did drop pretty darn far. BTW, can't wait for next Saturday when #11 Missouri goes to #6 Oklahoma, and it's on FSN, I hate watching College Football on FSN.

I think that voters didn't think that Wisconsin was a top 5 team, but they were undefeated so they put them there. Now that Illinois beat them they dropped them down, but they couldn't put them above an Illinois team they just lost to. And who would have thought that the Illinois-Mizzou game would turn out to be two really good teams?

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

How come Ohio State plays Akron, Toledo and other losers but suddenly they dont have the courage to play Cincy?

Because there are 8? FBS programs in Ohio, so you have to pick and choose which ones you can slip into your Non-Conference schedule. That and you also have to fit in one Non-Conference game against a Non-Ohio BCS opponent for Strength of Schedule purposes.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If not for the added 12th game, they wouldn't play Kent this season. You have to play the non-conference teams that agree to play you. Besides, I don't hear anyone asking why Michigan played Eastern Michigan yesterday or why USF played Florida Atlantic, etc. Look around at D-1 schedules and you'll see there are a lot of cream puffs in places on the schedule where there didn't used to be games at all. And for the record, we just finished a three game (I think) deal with Cincy season before last. Ohio State will gladly play anyone you want come January my friend. :D

BB52Big.jpg

harbaughgg2.jpg

Don't eff with Captain Comeback.

Good for Harbaugh. I remember in the offseason he said some remarks about Michigan being a football factory, not really a school, and he got unfairly hammered by Lloyd Carr and Mike Hart (of all people).

Nice to see Jim doing well in his job.

I think that voters didn't think that Wisconsin was a top 5 team, but they were undefeated so they put them there. Now that Illinois beat them they dropped them down, but they couldn't put them above an Illinois team they just lost to. And who would have thought that the Illinois-Mizzou game would turn out to be two really good teams?

And in all honesty I think Illinois could have won that game if Juice didn't get hurt. Not that McGee did poorly, but Juice was getting into a nice rhythm when he went down and they still almost came back and won that.

Not taking away anything from Mizzou. They are a really good team as well and that's turning into a very fun rivalry in both football and basketball. For that reason and many others, I'd love to see Mizzou in the Big Ten...but that's another thread.

I'm just so excited about the Illini. People laughed at me last season when I said they'd be going to a bowl this year. I don't think they'll laugh anymore.

Mendenhall for Heisman! :D

I'm just so excited about the Illini. People laughed at me last season when I said they'd be going to a bowl this year. I don't think they'll laugh anymore.

I wouldn't have laughed at you.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived