"Official" 2007 College Football Thread

Drew22

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Cal QB scrambles with seconds to go and Oregon St. wins.

Boy am I happy. ASU handled OSU pretty good and with a win tonight (not counting the chickens before they hatch) the Sun Devils will be the only undefeated team in the Pac-10 and have the #1 spot.

PopHeading-1.gif

I just don't see how OSU could be voted number one. They haven't beaten anyone, but of course, I guess no one is a someone this year since no one can keep a winning streak.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

I just don't see how OSU could be voted number one. They haven't beaten anyone, but of course, I guess no one is a someone this year since no one can keep a winning streak.

They will be #1 by process of elimination, and I cant see BC or USF jumping them

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The Cal QB scrambles with seconds to go and Oregon St. wins.

Well... I'll be damned...

So it would most likely be

1 Ohio State

2 Boston College

3 USF ?

Considering the Computer polls will probably have USF number 1 (I think they were number 2 in the computers coming into the week) it might be OSU then USF in the BCS.

I think tomorrow's rankings will be a big surprise. The top 3 in my book are:

- Ohio State

- Boston College

- USF

All three are in the same boat as it comes to how they could be ranked. I would also expect a rise in ranking for Oklahoma and South Carolina to make the Top 5. We shall see tomorrow how it all pans out.

All homerism aside, I think what we'll see happen is that everyone will cycle back around before the end of the season. Once OSU, USF and BC lose (and I believe they all will) the top 10 will be back to resembling what it was early on. It's still going to be LSU, USC, Oklahoma etc. Tank called it earlier. No one of any consequence is going unbeaten this year.

I really hope I am wrong and the Buckeyes run the table but as we have seen being number one means nothing this year. Everyone is beatable.

BB52Big.jpg

so who would you vote #1?

its funny how people complian about the BUCKEYES not playing anyone worth a dern. yet, every year USC gets voted really high even though they hardly play anyone ever.

BC? who have they played? only worth while team was Ga Tech.

USF? maybe, i will give them props for wins over WVU and Auburn. so maybe i could see the jump in ranking

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

All homerism aside, I think what we'll see happen is that everyone will cycle back around before the end of the season. Once OSU, USF and BC lose (and I believe they all will) the top 10 will be back to resembling what it was early on. It's still going to be LSU, USC, Oklahoma etc. Tank called it earlier. No one of any consequence is going unbeaten this year.

I really hope I am wrong and the Buckeyes run the table but as we have seen being number one means nothing this year. Everyone is beatable.

I love how everyone is forgetting that (as of right now) ASU still is defeated.

PopHeading-1.gif

I love how everyone is forgetting that (as of right now) ASU still is defeated.

Don't forget Hawaii and Kansas.

saBS.png

so who would you vote #1?

its funny how people complian about the BUCKEYES not playing anyone worth a dern. yet, every year USC gets voted really high even though they hardly play anyone ever.

BC? who have they played? only worth while team was Ga Tech.

USF? maybe, i will give them props for wins over WVU and Auburn. so maybe i could see the jump in ranking

Right now I'd give the first place to South Florida. They have the highest opponents winning percentage out of the three [going into the day] (OSU - 0.512195122, BC - 0.475, USF - 0.588235294). Even those numbers are skewed as OSU played a 4-2 I-AA team in Youngstown St, and BC beat a 4-1 I-AA team in UMASS. Their percentages rose from playing those teams. USF's went down when they played their I-AA team, Elon. Ohio State hasn't even been challenged, their closest game has been 16, and I don't vote teams #1 unless I know they can win the close ones. I don't know that OSU can.

My top 5:

1. South Florida

2. Ohio State

3. Oklahoma

4. BC

5. Oregon or South Carolina

I can't put Hawaii in there after almost losing to SJSU. Kansas has played KSU, but that's about it; we'll see how they play come the rest of the Big XII

All I know for sure though is that this season is SCREAMING for a tournament, not the BCS.

App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

I almost agreed with Mark May, my top five must change just because of that, cause I must be wrong...

1. South Florida

2. Oklahoma

3. Ohio State

4. Oregon

5. BC

6. South Carolina

Redmond Rampage

1. OSU (really? not beaten anyone? Purdue was ranked, and who has USC played so far?)

2. USF (They are good this season, but they squeeked by last week still)

3. BC (I wish Wake Forest played them now instead of week one)

Sorry to be the incredibly lame homer tonight but I just gotta ask.

With a very impressive 44-20 win against Washington tonight where would you put the undefeated Sun Devils in your ranking. I know they haven't played a upper tier bowl team yet, but you can't look past the scores they have put up and the fact that they are one of a very small group of undefeated teams left. I am really stuck between wanting them to be close to the top 5 and wanting them to stay kind of off the radar so they can not get their egos inflated and start to look for a possible NC run. I really hope the guys can keep their head on straight because they have a VERY hard few games coming up. Either way we will find out a lot in the next few weeks.

PopHeading-1.gif

Archived