2007 NFL Preview

NJTank

I like your predictions just fine, thank you. :D

One correction -- the Ravens were 13-3 last year, not 12-4.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

The only way Bulger gets booed in St. Louis is if the opposing teams' fans take over the Edward Jones dome a la Kansas City and Chicago last year.

If the Rams start losing, it'll be because of a weak defense, not a poor offense.

I agree that there is a strong potential for this team to dig an early hole, though.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I hope you're right about Brees (MVP) and Johnson (Off ROY) since I have both on my fantasy team. :D

As for the preview, I disagree about the Falcons. They may sneak up on a few people this year. Harrington seems like a good fit for Petrino's offense, which is ironic because over the last few years, many felt the same way about Schaub being a better fit for their old offence than Vick was. Go figure. Anyway, I see them going about 7-9 though as a Saints fan, it won't bother me a bit if you're right. B)

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Jeff Fisher won't get fired. Jon Gruden will. Gruden is one of the most overrated coaches ever.

NFC East: Eagles win the division.

NFC West: The Rams will finish with a better record than the Cardinals.

NFC South: The Falcons will be better than the Bucs. The Panthers won't go 10-6.

AFC North: The Steelers will finish ahead of the Bengals...easily.

AFC South: The Titans will be better than 4-12 and finish ahead of Houston.

AFC West: The Raiders will finish ahead of the Chiefs.

AFC: Jacksonville makes the playoffs. Cincinnati doesn't. Pittsburgh beats out Denver for a playoff spot.

NFC: Philly makes the playoffs. Carolina doesn't.

The Patriots win the Super Bowl.

BB52Big.jpg

Jeff Fisher won't get fired. Jon Gruden will. Gruden is one of the most overrated coaches ever.

AFC South: The Titans will be better than 4-12 and finish ahead of Houston.

I believe in the Madden Jinx

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I hope you're right about Brees (MVP) and Johnson (Off ROY) since I have both on my fantasy team. :D

As for the preview, I disagree about the Falcons. They may sneak up on a few people this year. Harrington seems like a good fit for Petrino's offense, which is ironic because over the last few years, many felt the same way about Schaub being a better fit for their old offence than Vick was. Go figure. Anyway, I see them going about 7-9 though as a Saints fan, it won't bother me a bit if you're right. B)

I see us going 8-8 at best. The 3rd game of the preseason was a pretty nice indicator of things to come (albeit against the horrendous Bengals defense and in the preseason.). We've got a nice schedule to start with, but it's gonna turn to hell around the later stages of the year.

So yeah, 8-8. 3rd place, nowhere to go but up in the future! :D

Overall you have pretty good predictions this year. I would say that I'm happy that at least one other person hasn't gone with the "trendy" pick of the Pats winning the Super Bowl. Just because they cornered the market on wide receivers doesn't mean squat. If it did, the Detroit Lions would be a playoff team.

I do have a few problems with your predictions, though. First, you (and almost everyone else) are vastly overrating these teams

49ers - San Fran still has one of the worst defenses in the NFL, and (if anyone saw highlights of the 49ers-Bears preseason game) they're going to have a really tough time stopping people all season. Plus Norv Turner, the guy who has helped Alex Smith develop as a quarterback, is gone. I say 6 wins tops for San Francisco.

Cardinals - When will they ever learn? Every year people pick the Cardinals to get 7-10 wins (in your case, only 7), and EVERY YEAR they fall flat on their faces. They still don't have any D, any O-line, or any decent run game. The only good things about their team are Fitzgerald and Boldin. I say 5 wins tops.

Saints - Everyone is picking them to go to the Super Bowl, but their defense can be atrocious..... we're talking Colts-in-the-regular-season atrocious. There's no way they sniff the Super Bowl this year.

Then there are the teams that are way too low.

Giants - Droughns and Jacobs may not entirely replace Tiki, but they'll be adequate enough, and Eli can't be any worse than he was last year.

Rams - If I'm not mistaken, they still have Steven Jackson....he's pretty good.....and so is Torry Holt.

Eagles - McNabb when healthy is a top 3 QB in the NFL. As I said..... if healthy. Though I think he will be.

espnsig.gif

Saints - Everyone is picking them to go to the Super Bowl, but their defense can be atrocious..... we're talking Colts-in-the-regular-season atrocious. There's no way they sniff the Super Bowl this year.

Their defense has been suspect, but it will be better than last year and last year it was good enough to reach the NFC Championship. We'll see what they're made of on Thursday night. This should be the biggest challenge of the season, and hopefully Peyton won't rock. :P

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I don't agree with many of your predictions, but as always, good work. I think we underestimate the time and effort you put into previewing (and reviewing) the NFL and all other the sports. With that said, I really, really hope you're wrong about the Ravens this year. Bruce and his ilk will be insufferable! :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Buffalo Bills 5-11

The bad news for the Bills is they are in a tough division; the worse news is there QB is J.P. Losman. The Bills who were sub .500 last year and have not been in the playoffs since 1999, now have a rookie RB from California in Marshawn Lynch. The last rookie RB from Cal J.J. Arrington was a bust and is just barley hanging on in the league. The good news for the Bills is they should have a high draft pick next year.

Expect to see: Losman benched, and released following the season.

Don't be Surprised if: If Rumors of a move North to Toronto get louder.

You're out of your mind. The only way the Bills move to Toronto is if McGahee buys the team. Or if Wilson dies, and his kids sell to the Toronto group, and not to the Buffalo group. His kids don't want the team, but I think they want the team to stay in Buffalo, even if that means a few less dollars.

Obviously I am biased, but JP is not as bad as you think. He will pass for around 3500yds with 25td's and 15int. He has a great WR in Evans, and a good recieving RB in Lynch. Lynch didn't impress me much in the preseason, but by week 8 he will be one of the Top 15 RB in the league. The line is OK with Peters and Dockery on the left. The Right side of the line is a major question.

Their Defense is questionable. We have pretty good Safetys, LB's and DE's. The question is at DT with Williams, and Tripplet. I think we will dominate against the pass, but be not so good against the run.

Their ST has got to be one of if not the best in the league, with pro bowler Moorman, and an accurate kicker in Lindell. And a great return man in McGee.

I have an optimistic prediction of 9-7 and second in the division to the Pats, just missing a wild card spot.

saBS.png

Overall you have pretty good predictions this year. I would say that I'm happy that at least one other person hasn't gone with the "trendy" pick of the Pats winning the Super Bowl. Just because they cornered the market on wide receivers doesn't mean squat. If it did, the Detroit Lions would be a playoff team.

I do have a few problems with your predictions, though. First, you (and almost everyone else) are vastly overrating these teams

49ers - San Fran still has one of the worst defenses in the NFL, and (if anyone saw highlights of the 49ers-Bears preseason game) they're going to have a really tough time stopping people all season. Plus Norv Turner, the guy who has helped Alex Smith develop as a quarterback, is gone. I say 6 wins tops for San Francisco.

[

just what an LA fan would say :P

You need to check your math, Tnak, it doesn't add up.

You sat their and added up everything?

Wow thats weird

No, I just say random crap for the hell of it. Yes, I sat their and added everything up. Your cumulative record is 259-253.

You're not the only one, though: ESPN, Sports Illustrated, and others get lazy in their predictions and have numbers that don't add up. It's poor form, really.

[

Yea but I don't really hate the 49ers..... I've never been an LA Rams/LA Raiders fan.

espnsig.gif

[

Just messin with ya. Any way i have a feeling you might be right. My Niners might be lucky to get to 8-8.

You need to check your math, Tnak, it doesn't add up.

You sat their and added up everything?

Wow thats weird

No, I just say random crap for the hell of it. Yes, I sat their and added everything up. Your cumulative record is 259-253.

You're not the only one, though: ESPN, Sports Illustrated, and others get lazy in their predictions and have numbers that don't add up. It's poor form, really.

Well, it wasn't the only time Tank got his math wrong. I think one NBA season, he got the numbers wrong. It really isn't that hard to figure out the numbers: #teams X #games each team plays / 2

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived