Budweiser to sponsor #9 Kasey Kahne

DelayedPenalty

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fair enough. I just was wondering what standards you were using. So on that standard would Mark Martin be overrated? Then again I wouldn't necessarily consider Jr. to be the most overrated driver out there based on your standards, I would say Michael Waltrip and Kenny Wallace would be, especially Kenny.

Never said he was the MOST overrated. I just said he was overrated. He is always mentioned in the group of Tony Stewart, Jeff Gordon, Jimmy Johnson, Matt Kenseth, ect...

Junior hasn't reached anywhere near the success of any of these drivers. But because of who his dad was and how he died, he's pushed and pushed and pushed as the face of NASCAR. I just would like to see recognition handed out based on merits.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I'm really noticing the priority of Amp over Mountain Dew in each 88 paint scheme. The Dew logo is just on the rear quarter-panel of the green Amp car and it's not on the blue Guard car at all. (At least not in a prominent location)

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

I'm really noticing the priority of Amp over Mountain Dew in each 88 paint scheme. The Dew logo is just on the rear quarter-panel of the green Amp car and it's not on the blue Guard car at all. (At least not in a prominent location)

AMP is the primary sponsor, not Mountain Dew, which seems a little backwards to me, but whatever works. Personally I think the car is too plain, not creative enough. I would have liked to see more green, less white, and incorporate the light green of the can too.

Anybody know what font the numbers are?

I've always understood that the car owner "owned" the number. Yates merely "sold" the #88 to Hendrick. That #28 has a lot of history for me. My all-time favorite driver, Fred Lorenzen, proudly carried that number on the famous Pearl White FORD Galaxies and later Fairlane half-chassis Holman and Moody cars in the glory days of the 1960s. Some of you that think NASCAR started with Dale Sr. ought to do a little research. You might be surprised at what you find out. And just as a dumb question- How did this topic on Kasey Kahne evolve into a discussion about Little EEEEEEEE?

Dale Earnhardt Jr's #88 Mountain Dew/AMP Energy Drink/National Guard Chevrolet:

Jr88.jpg

Pictures found on Jayski.com

They are OK. I realize Mountain Dew and Amp are of the same affiliation, but pick one or the other for one car, or atleast match up the hood brand/company/logo with the side brand/company/logo.

Not impresses, could've done better.

Lovin Kasey Kahne's new ride though :].

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

AMP is the primary sponsor, not Mountain Dew, which seems a little backwards to me, but whatever works. Personally I think the car is too plain, not creative enough. I would have liked to see more green, less white, and incorporate the light green of the can too.

PepsiCo has more to gain by promoting Amp over Mountain Dew. Amp is waaaaaaaay behind the Red Bulls of the world, while Mountain Dew is #4 behind Coke, Pepsi, and Diet Coke.

As far as the scheme, Dale Jr was VERY hands on in the design. He said himself that he likes the "clean, classic" look. Blame him.

SigReflect.png

Ugh...Junior's cars are boring. Could've done alot better. Kasey Kahne's looks pretty much like Junior's car right now, with the exception of the 9 and Dodge, of course.

Plus, the damn Car of Tomorrow template make it look only worse...

Archived