San Jose State Hockey goes with my logo full time

Puckguy14

Considering that they wanted to go Dallas-style on a Thrashers jersey (San Jose State encased with the number in the middle) with Spartans on the arm, I'll take this any day.

Eeesh. Bullet dodged, then.

IMO, the Spartan logo looks 300x better than the Buffaslug on those jerseys.

Agreed. Of course, that has a lot to do with your logo being "wicked awesome" while the Buffaslug is "teh suck."

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats, Puckguy.... there is one thing that bugs me.... if the hands are used to hold the stick.... what is holding the shield up? :therock:

I'd assume it's strapped to the forearm.

That's what I thought as well... but I don't know if they had those at the time Spartans roamed (not Rome) the Earth.

I saw, I came, I left.

Considering that they wanted to go Dallas-style on a Thrashers jersey (San Jose State encased with the number in the middle) with Spartans on the arm, I'll take this any day. I wanted to do a custom design, however the budget at the moment was unable to do so. Nonetheless, still psyched to see it on the ice though. IMO, the Spartan logo looks 300x better than the Buffaslug on those jerseys.

Would it be possible for you to post said custom design?

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

First off, congratulations on your logo being used. It's a great logo, and I think it looks nice with the Sabres template. That Thrashers/Stars hybrid, wow, that is just horrible.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Can you blow your own horn any louder?

Hmmm....here's an idea for you, Apollo: do something meaningful or shut the hell up. Does that work? <_<

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Can you blow your own horn any louder?

Unless your design finished second to his - and if so, I am sure we'd all love to see it - you don't have a gripe. He did outstanding work that is going to actually be worn by real athletes in a real game. That's more than can be said for 99.99999% of the concepts that come out of this place, no matter how good they are. Allow the guy a moment to bask in his success and the applause of those of us who are happy for him.

Back under the rock with you, Cap. <_<

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

As an aside, I was watching the Sharks get blown out by the Avs last nite, and there was a chap sitting behind the Sharks bench with a SJSU hockey jersey. I'm assuming it's the older model because the logo was a simple oval with an "SJSU" typeface that had a hockey stick as the "J".

All in all, your designs are 1000x better, if those were indeed their older versions.

As with the original 3rd jersey, another job well done. I was bummed to see that we (the University of Washington Hockey Team) wouldn't be playing SJ State this year, but luckily that has changed this week, as they will be in our barn in January, so I will get to see the jersey first hand, in what could be the first ever CCSLC real life jersey battle as your SJ jerseys take on my UW jerseys. (All I did was use templates and mock up designs, I didn't actually create a sweet logo or anything, but the concepts I created became the final products). I'm assuming they will bring their black sweaters for that game, which I'm excited about, because those look exceptionally sharp. Once again, well done sir.

SEAsig.png

Archived