San Jose State Hockey goes with my logo full time

Puckguy14

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thats good news for you!

SJSU needs to stick with a single package longer than a year or two. The hockey team is a club team still, right?

Yeah San Jose is a club team still.

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Yup still a club. The now former jerseys were in place from 1996-2007. They used the old Capitals diagonal template. The black jersey was put in play January of 2006. They wanted something new and fresh but loved the logo. But the team has had a boatload of sponsorship come in this season and made this change possible.

Road jersey will be black, home jersey will be white. There are times where they will wear the dark jerseys at home for a couple of games where they have rival back to backs. But (and I think I am cool about announcing this) they have two shells. So they can go with black pants or blue pants. Something I came up with to let them have more looks.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

That f-er in the logo scares the pants off me!

Great work and nice to know it's going to also be put into use full time. thumbsup.gif

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Puckguy, will the D2 team also use the logo?

I'm currently working on SCU hockey's new site (they're D2), and I began creating a custom Broncos logo. Unfortunately, we ended up in a bad spot: because they're a club team, they couldn't use the official Broncos logo but they also could not use ANY bronco in their logo. :blink::mad:

Metro, yes, that is their logo. Only for use for SJSU hockey. They were in the same situation you are. They got in trouble for using the school's athletics logo. So that's why they are ok with this logo. The old SJSU logo was even considered not allowed, but they ok'd a new one for sake for transition purposes. It will all be able to debut September 28th. I'm PUCKING psyched!

Awesome work. I can't wait to see what the new unis look like, but that logo looked great on the jerseys in that Duke game gallery. So, just exactly how much SJSU merchandise will you be purchasing? Because if it was my logo, I'd buy a shirt for every day of the week and two hats just in case I lost one.

Trust me there will be a ton. Well, one of the wordmarks is on the site, so I guess I can leak it out. Personally, it's ok IMO, sure I could've done better, but it still has that college feel to it that I was going for.

wordmark_primary_merch.gif

And hey it wouldn't be official until it's leaked, eh? Yup so I'm leaking them myself. Based off the Buffalo template, with some minor changes.

l_2797731d98f7200e7397c3c3a1b05b4a.gif

l_2502271dc8e8098b6f5de21af22d78fa.gif

I would like this leak to stay within the CCSLC until 7:45pm PT. Your thoughts always welcomed. The team decided to go with 2 shells to mix and match different looks. It is unclear about multi socks on the home and which helmets they went with.

I love the logo, but the Buffalo template damn near ruins it. The last set was way cleaner and better. I dig the mutiple pants and sock options, though.

(Spartaslug?)

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Considering that they wanted to go Dallas-style on a Thrashers jersey (San Jose State encased with the number in the middle) with Spartans on the arm, I'll take this any day. I wanted to do a custom design, however the budget at the moment was unable to do so. Nonetheless, still psyched to see it on the ice though. IMO, the Spartan logo looks 300x better than the Buffaslug on those jerseys.

Archived