2007-08 NHL Season Thread

Viper

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Melrose thing has been floating around for almost a week and has yet to be confirmed.

I just got this - Ron Wilson offered the job of new coach...

T.S.N. and AM 640 Toronto Hockey Insider Darren Dreger reports the Leafs have hired former Sharks head coach Ron Wilson. Reports say Leafs interim G.M. Cliff Fletcher confirmed hiring a new head coach, but would not say who. Sent at 4:26 pm.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

The Penguins should worry about scoring a goal in Detroit, period.

True. :cry:

The best part about the kid throwing the octopus on the ice is that he was from Cleveland.

*Cue intro song from the 'Drew Carey Show'*

:D

...would anyone like to explain this Cleveland/Pittsburgh 'rivalry' to me?

Well you could drive from Cleveland to Pittsburgh and back again quicker than you could drive from Toronto to Ottawa once.

Yes, but who would want to?

It's like getting out of Hell just to go to Regina. No point.

Post of the day candidate right there.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

For those who like to play with history and numbers:

Last team to come back from a 3-1 defecit, actually came back from being down 3-0. They did it against the Red Wings, and they did it 66 years ago.

Also, the PA Lottery's "Big 4" afternoon numbers: 7171

I always try to keep myself from taking too much stock in these things, but the more desperate it looks, the more tempting it becomes to slip into the awful temorary bliss of history/number-based over-optomism.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

Last team to come back from a 3-1 defecit, actually came back from being down 3-0. They did it against the Red Wings, and they did it 66 years ago.

I always try to keep myself from taking too much stock in these things, but the more desperate it looks, the more tempting it becomes to slip into the awful temorary bliss of history/number-based over-optomism.

The Islanders did it in the seventies, didn't they?

Hi, how are you?

I think he meant in the Finals.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I think he meant in the Finals.

Oh, gotcha.

If it were to happen the Pens could definitely be the team to do so.

Hi, how are you?

Gonchar catches a rut and flies into the boards, and Malone takes a slapshot in the face. This isnt good.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

Pens get a scare, as a Wings goal gets waved off. Still, Detroit's got the momentum. Now can they get the next two goals?

Update: They got one. Datsyuk (or was it Holmstrom?) deflects one in to tie the score at 2.

CCSLC signature.png

They got the second one! Rafalski snags a loose puck and hammers it home.

Still plenty of time for the Pens to get the equalizer though.

If the Wings do win, who gets the Conn Smythe? I'd like to see Zetterberg get it, but something tells me it will go to Osgood.

CCSLC signature.png

They got the second one! Rafalski snags a loose puck and hammers it home.

Still plenty of time for the Pens to get the equalizer though.

I don't think it will happen, Detroit has taken over the third period and they are not about to let up, and like Curt said, I have a feeling Detroit will score another goal

Less than 6 min. left until Betman has to walk his shameful walk to center ice.

Not to mention give his annual :censored: for a speech.

How about that little b*tch crosby taking a shot after the whistle because he "didn't hear it."

I loved that the crowd sang "born and raised in south Detroit", when "Don't stop Believing" was playing at the Joe.

Hi, how are you?

Archived