MLS Cup 07 DC logo

Krona

It's interesting that you so rarely see the Jefferson Memorial used on its own to stand for Washington, DC. And I like the colors: Yet another example of how red and green could be used to make a solid, non-Christmas-y team identity. (Paging the next MLB team to redesign its uniforms!)

And I strongly suspect that the new MLS trophy is intended to look more like the World Cup than the WNBA trophy. An improvement over the old bowling league trophy, but still, is it too much to ask that a championship cup actually be, you know, a cup?

20082614447.png

It's interesting that you so rarely see the Jefferson Memorial used on its own to stand for Washington, DC. And I like the colors: Yet another example of how red and green could be used to make a solid, non-Christmas-y team identity. (Paging the next MLB team to redesign its uniforms!)

And I strongly suspect that the new MLS trophy is intended to look more like the World Cup than the WNBA trophy. An improvement over the old bowling league trophy, but still, is it too much to ask that a championship cup actually be, you know, a cup?

I know what you mean...but its almost the same situation with using the name 'Bowl' when talking about a big college football game. They're not always played in bowl stadiums and the trophies rarely display a bowl on the top, but most people don't mind it.

But again, I know what you mean.

The MLS logos are simple and very good.

Here's a larger version of the championship game logo for 2007.

MLSChampionshipLogo2007.gif

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Very rare time when the gradient isn't too bad. it would probably be better without it, but its not too bad.

Anyone know why there are 15 stars (sixteen if you include the white one at the bottom) There's 13 teams and this is the 12th MLS cup, 11 players on the field. I guess 15/16 is just there to fit around the edges.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Very rare time when the gradient isn't too bad. it would probably be better without it, but its not too bad.

Anyone know why there are 15 stars (sixteen if you include the white one at the bottom) There's 13 teams and this is the 12th MLS cup, 11 players on the field. I guess 15/16 is just there to fit around the edges.

Maybe:

1. Chicago Fire

2. Columbus Crew

3. D.C. United

4. Kansas City Wizards

5. New England Revolution

6. Red Bull New York

7. Toronto FC

8. CD Chivas USA

9. Colorado Rapids

10. FC Dallas

11. Houston Dynamo

12. Los Angeles Galaxy

13. Real Salt Lake

14. San Jose Earthquakes

15. New Team to be announced at the MLS Cup Final ( I remember reading a rumor of this )

I thought the new team (not San Jose) wasn't starting play until 2009?? My money is on Philadelphia getting the new MSL team!

Seattle would be a great city for the new team.

Anyone see brianinboston's Seattle F.C. concepts - Awesome!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

San Jose starts next season as per the plan announced at the All Star Game. The team announced at MLS Cup was starting in 2009, or so I had heard. They want to slow down expansion so that they don't overextend themselves.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Sometimes a star is just a star.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

can anyone make out what the shadowing is from on the reflection on the ball? looks like some sort of bird.

Not to speak for the designers but I believe the shape represents nothing but highly polished metal.

Archived