Anaheim Ducks 2007 Stanley Cup Championship Rings

bretkenworthy

Something tells me that their current look was the result of a compromise between a wordmark logo and some sort of web foot logo centric design that probably seemed too daring for some to take. I see a web foot logo that could work really nicely as a very recognizable somewhat iconic single element with a dynamic feel as opposed to the mess they have now. Maybe in time they might play with it a bit more and introduce it as a third jersey some day.....one can only hope.

I dont see a flying duck

It would never be a flying duck, but flying ducks. "Ducks fly together."--Coach Bombay

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I dont see a flying duck

It would never be a flying duck, but flying ducks. "Ducks fly together."--Coach Bombay

It's true - even when roosters are crowin' and cows are spinnin' circles in the pasture.

Aaaand, I'm not seeing a flying duck in there. I see the foot, which I'm assuiming was the intent of the "D" logo. I see more of the Thrasher's head than a flying duck.

What's up with that last pic? Did they seriously use the non-current logo?!

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

From the Ducks website:

The massive ring is made of 14K white gold, with 110 diamonds used to create the whole ring. The top of the ring spells our STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS down the left and right borders. A raised Stanley Cup is placed along the full length of the ring from top to bottom, filled with 16 diamonds representing the 16 playoff victories needed to win the Cup. Overlaying the Cup is the Ducks stylized ?D? logo in 14K yellow gold with ?D? bordered in yello diamonds and the webbed foot made from a custom cut black onyx stone. The remaining background of the top of the ring is covered with white diamonds.

While being a token of last season?s success, the ring also pays homage to past Ducks seasons on its left side, where under the player?s last name are 14 stones in three different colors. The first 11 are green to symbolize the 11 seasons of the Mighty Ducks under Disney ownership. The next stone is white, symbolizing the lockout, a canceled season and a period of change. Finally, the last two stones are orange and represent the past two years of ownership by Henry and Susan Samueli and a change in name and colors. Also prominent on the right side of the ring is the is a representation of Honda Center and the old Mighty Ducks logo, which is flanked by ?93 and ?07 as the years in between the championship.

The top of the right portion of the ring commemorates the Stanley Cup title being ?California?s First Cup.? A full Ducks logo dominates the middle and the Ducks' playoff record (16-5) and year of the win (2007) fill out the bottom of the left side.

The inside barrel of the ring below the top is inscribed ?DESTINY IS HEART, SACRIFICE AND PASSION?, which became the team?s motto throughout the playoff run.

I LOVE IT!!!

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

In regards to the third picture, if you notice the years engraved on it cover the entire exsistance of the franchise. Maybe this is a way to honor the past and the present?

**Nevermind - too slow to type today.**

Archived