Bill Throwbacks, MNF

RickV

Man those were magnificent looking unis last night. Now THAT is what a pro-football team should look like. Call me nuts but they even seemed to play better than usual.

... now if they can just PLAY like a pro-football team...

I saw, I came, I left.

Man those were magnificent looking unis last night. Now THAT is what a pro-football team should look like. Call me nuts but they even seemed to play better than usual.

You're nuts. :P

Seriously though....they were in the game due inpart to Romo's unexplainable and uncharacteristic mistakes. Their offense was anemic and their defense got as lucky as a defense could get.

They almost seemed like my Bears circa last year versus the Cardinals...now THAT was lucky...but I'll take LUCK over LOSS any day. Especially THIS year :D

Aargh, It is tough to be a Bills fan (for me since 1979).

I am ok with those uniforms, but would rather they wore either the 4-time AFC champion ones from the 1990's or the

Joe Ferguson white-helmet charging Buffalo ones from the 80's. I am not a big fan of the red standing buffalo. Other than that the uniforms are nice.

Personally I like the move to navy jerseys, I just hate what they did with them (excessive design elements). I understand the move because you can sell a lot more navy colored merchandise than royal blue. Let's face it, I am

not wearing bright royal blue around town except on gameday, navy I can wear a lot more. It's just too bad they went with 4 colors, piping, shoulder colors, unmatched side and pant stripes, etc. A simpler uniform in navy, with red and royal secondary colors would be great.

I am ok with those uniforms, but would rather they wore either the 4-time AFC champion ones from the 1990's or the

Joe Ferguson white-helmet charging Buffalo ones from the 80's. I am not a big fan of the red standing buffalo. Other than that the uniforms are nice.

Personally I like the move to navy jerseys, I just hate what they did with them (excessive design elements). I understand the move because you can sell a lot more navy colored merchandise than royal blue. Let's face it, I am

not wearing bright royal blue around town except on gameday, navy I can wear a lot more. It's just too bad they went with 4 colors, piping, shoulder colors, unmatched side and pant stripes, etc. A simpler uniform in navy, with red and royal secondary colors would be great.

I don't mind their switch to navy blue so much as their insistence on wearing the navy pants with the navy jerseys! :evil: I'm SICK of monochrome NFL uniforms!!! They look OK when they wear the white pants/navy jersey combo...don't tell me this is something the players voted on???

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

The Bills looked just great last night. So...just so...AFL. Yea, that's it. AFL. Back to a simpler time when players didn't to jiggy dances after every tackle when losing 42-10.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I believe I did read somewhere that at least some of the players were big on the mono-look. Just another example of why the players should be the LAST ones to get any say in how the unis look. Apparently, athletic skill and bad taste in design go hand in hand. Look at Clinton Portice and the dumb ideas he's come up with. And I read a story in the Cincinnati paper that said Chad Johnson personally led a campaign to wear the black pants and black sox together (aaarrrgh... leotards!)... or just look at the nightmare that is Oregon.

I believe I did read somewhere that at least some of the players were big on the mono-look. Just another example of why the players should be the LAST ones to get any say in how the unis look. Apparently, athletic skill and bad taste in design go hand in hand. Look at Clinton Portice and the dumb ideas he's come up with. And I read a story in the Cincinnati paper that said Chad Johnson personally led a campaign to wear the black pants and black sox together (aaarrrgh... leotards!)... or just look at the nightmare that is Oregon.

In all fairness, the Oregon mess has nothing to do with players and all to do with NIKE's designers. I do agree that players shouldn't make uniform decisions, especially when it comes to throwbacks versus current designs. But if they feel or look "faster" in black socks, which I think is what Chad was trying to accomplish, then so be it. Let them have the socks, just don't let it go farther than that.

In all fairness, the Oregon mess has nothing to do with players and all to do with NIKE's designers. I do agree that players shouldn't make uniform decisions, especially when it comes to throwbacks versus current designs. But if they feel or look "faster" in black socks, which I think is what Chad was trying to accomplish, then so be it. Let them have the socks, just don't let it go farther than that.

Actually, Nike worked closely with the players when designing their most recent debacle:

The uniform designs are a result of a two-year process that involved Nike designers and Oregon alum Tinker Hatfield, vice president for special projects at Nike, Todd Van Horne, creative director of U.S. sport apparel, and a committee of the school?s past and present football players.

Players offered their input and sketches of what they envisioned the direction the uniforms would take, with the Nike designers developing those concepts into reality.

Oregon players involved in the process included wide receiver Cameron Colvin, tight end Tim Day, quarterback Dennis Dixon, tight end Ryan Keeling, free safety J.D. Nelson, tight end Dante Rosario and receiver Jaison Williams.

...so, yeah. Players shouldn't get to do these kinds of things....

Badger_zps8961c467.png

Actually, Nike worked closely with the players when designing their most recent debacle:

The uniform designs are a result of a two-year process that involved Nike designers and Oregon alum Tinker Hatfield, vice president for special projects at Nike, Todd Van Horne, creative director of U.S. sport apparel, and a committee of the school?s past and present football players.

Players offered their input and sketches of what they envisioned the direction the uniforms would take, with the Nike designers developing those concepts into reality.

Oregon players involved in the process included wide receiver Cameron Colvin, tight end Tim Day, quarterback Dennis Dixon, tight end Ryan Keeling, free safety J.D. Nelson, tight end Dante Rosario and receiver Jaison Williams.

...so, yeah. Players shouldn't get to do these kinds of things....

WOW. :blink:

Thats just bad then....real bad. Where are these players and what prank were they trying to pull?

JOE FERGUSON! Sign me up for a Joe Cribbs version, myself.

My arguments as to why people like the Bills (and other teams') throwbacks

1. Because the current unis are mud

2. That's what they remember in the team's prime

3. That's what they remember growing up.

The Bill's helmet in that set is beyond dated. Gray masks and a siloutte of a buffalo loitering. It's 2007. Like the Vikings and Bengals...teams need to leave the throwbacks in the closet and admit they made a mistake with the updates and go back to the previous sets or tweak them a bit.

KISSwall09.jpg

They are good looking as throwbacks, but they would dated if worn full time. Agreed the helmet is especially dated. The current buffalo on the helmet is much better. I could envision the bills pulling a chargers and going retro with some updates. But, like the chargers they will probably muck that effort up also. The present regular unis are awful, as stated above too many elements at once.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

They are good looking as throwbacks, but they would dated if worn full time. Agreed the helmet is especially dated. The current buffalo on the helmet is much better. I could envision the bills pulling a chargers and going retro with some updates. But, like the chargers they will probably muck that effort up also. The present regular unis are awful, as stated above too many elements at once.

Thats EXACTLY what would happen. Its best to do old or new but not try to incorporate both.

the helmets AND the socks ruin that throwback uniform.

also you can barely see the red on the jerseys.

the current uniform isn't perfect however.

the best uniforms the Bills wore were the 4 super bowl loss unis, and even those could use some refining.

take those super bowl era unis, darken the blue slightly (kinda to what the colts currently use, not to navy) and go with the basic NFL varsity block rather than those atrocious champion numbers, and its good.

The 4-superbowl uni was beyond boring, and that's from a hardcore traditionalist like myself. I like the stripes on last night's throwback, it added nicely. Now, if they could only keep the charging-buffalo logo and place it on a white helmet (like the previous poster stated, ala Joe Ferguson), it would be perfecto.

The 4-superbowl uni was beyond boring, and that's from a hardcore traditionalist like myself. I like the stripes on last night's throwback, it added nicely. Now, if they could only keep the charging-buffalo logo and place it on a white helmet (like the previous poster stated, ala Joe Ferguson), it would be perfecto.

Absolutely no reason why they couldn't.

metslogo_215.gif

Archived