Vikings road uniforms

oldschoolvikings

Does anybody know what happened to the purple pants? Originally the dark pants were supposed to be the regular look, and the all-white an "alternate" look, but obviously something happened. I actually don't mind the all white look, except that the pants stripe was designed to only work with the home jersey... the "jump" of white looks off to me.

By the way, I'm just asking for info... but I know I'll still have to slog thru a bunch of replies from people saying "thank God they don't wear those purple pants!"

As a life long Viking fan and uniform buff I am thankful every time I see this Vikes take the field in white pants for away games. The color is too obnoxious, the classic purple pants looked better because they didn't have that bright sheen. If the purple pants were Ohio State style they may work.

I guess I'm in the minority. I'd rather see purple pants. Plus, if they are just going to wear white pants, then the way the stripe has the gap at the top is even worse (it's bad either way). I can't outvoice the numbers in the white-on-white majority here, though.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'm sure it probably just came down to player preference. I can imagine that not many football players would prefer to wear purple pants over white pants.

I dunno...players in the NFL seem to have no problem wearing ridiculous uniforms like the Bills, Bengals, Seahawks, and Falcons. Not sure why they wouldn't like purple pants...maybe the fans complained! Personally I like them, but don't care much for the mis-matching stripe on the pants and jerseys.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Yeah, the idea that the players complained that the looked too outlandish seems kinda hard to swallow considering that the Bill's and Seahawk's players campaigned for the monochromes.

And, what is wrong with the Seahawks monochromes?

Its really a pretty basic uniform, with very few "bells and whistles".

You've just answered your own question.

With the white pants, they're beautiful. As monos, they look like wetsuits.

They look just fine.

With dark jerseys and white pants, they looked goofy. And, just about everyone knew it.

Again, all monochromes are not the end of the world.

They wore the purple pants at least once this preseason, and I think once in the regular season already this year. I hate all the Vikings pants this year because of that stupid "stripe" on the side. I agree that the "old" purple pants from the 60's looked good because it was the dark purple rather than the metallic, shiny purple they wear now.

metslogo_215.gif

Yeah, the idea that the players complained that the looked too outlandish seems kinda hard to swallow considering that the Bill's and Seahawk's players campaigned for the monochromes.

Its really a pretty basic uniform, with very few "bells and whistles".

I wonder what they'd look like with navy pants against the seahawk blue-grey primaries. Haven't we seen a concept of that before? The monochromes are okay....not as bad as people think, but not good.

They look just fine.

Opinion.

With dark jerseys and white pants, they looked goofy. And, just about everyone knew it.

Well, I certainly didn't know it. Does than mean teams like the Bears, Falcons, Chargers, Cardinals, Chiefs, Bengals, Redskins, Vikings, Dolphins, Browns, Eagles, Jets, Ravens, Texans, Jaguars, and Titans also look goofy since they wear dark jerseys with white pants?

Well, I dunno...

300px-Die_Uniformen_der_Allgemeinen_SS.jpg

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Well, I certainly didn't know it. Does than mean teams like the Bears, Falcons, Chargers, Cardinals, Chiefs, Bengals, Redskins, Vikings, Dolphins, Browns, Eagles, Jets, Ravens, Texans, Jaguars, and Titans also look goofy since they wear dark jerseys with white pants?

Apparently so. :blink:

They look just fine.

Opinion.

Well, I dunno...

300px-Die_Uniformen_der_Allgemeinen_SS.jpg

Ouch

metslogo_215.gif

I wonder what they'd look like with navy pants against the seahawk blue-grey primaries.

I've always wanted to see this as well. Since they use the navy on the sleeves (well, what bit of sleeves there are), I think it'd work well.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I wonder what they'd look like with navy pants against the seahawk blue-grey primaries.

I've always wanted to see this as well. Since they use the navy on the sleeves (well, what bit of sleeves there are), I think it'd work well.

Oh yeah?

SEAseahawks-blue-over-navy.jpg

This satisfy your curiosity?

Or...maybe...how about the look I presented in my Seahawks shocker concept so long ago...?

SEAseahawks-neon-green.jpg

*****NOSTALGIA ALERT ~ NOSTALGIA ALERT ~ NOSTALGIA ALERT ~ NOSTALGIA ALERT*****

Just because...

SEAseahawks-oldstyle.jpg

Thank you. That will be all for now...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Oh yeah?

SEAseahawks-blue-over-navy.jpg

This satisfy your curiosity?

Yep, now we know.

Ugly.

Archived