Bears in Orange

Billy B

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The bears wear it every halloween weekend as a gimmick. I don't see what the big deal is. At least it's not black and is a part of their color scheme.

The "big deal" is that apparently a lot of people think they're hideous and not in keeping with the Bears' image. I would agree. Can you imagine Halas leading 'his' Bears out of the tunnel with them wearing those jerseys? I can't.

I can. After all, he led them on to the field in some pretty ugly uniforms in his day including, for the better part of a decade, orange ones.

My problem is that they're ugly, and that the Bears - as much as I hate them, I have to give them this - have a really solid uniform look. Clean, classy, intimidating, inspiring, timeless and unique all at once. They look like "football." These orange jerseys upset that delicate balance and make them look like clowns.

Come to think of it, maybe the pumpkin jerseys aren't all that bad.... :P

I feel the same way about the Bears Orange Alts as I do about the Lions Black ones...

On its own, its not a bad looking jersey. Its just not in line with the history of the bears, the same way the black isn't in line iwth the history of the Lions.

Basically, if they had kept the orange throughout their history, and the blues were the alts, we'd most likely feel the same way about the blue jerseys.

fullj.getty-75557928sb020_lion_bear.jpg

capt.1d13e3c9e35942d0a8931d88929ddaf6.lions_bears_football_cxs116.jpg

There's nothing OK about that b.s.

Chicago is one the league's premier franchises in terms of longevity and classic uniform design. It would be akin to the Packers donning a YELLOW alt, since it's part of their color scheme.

It's not needed, just a shameless, shameless ploy to pull more merchandising dollars from your pocket.

fullj.getty-75557928sb020_lion_bear.jpg

capt.1d13e3c9e35942d0a8931d88929ddaf6.lions_bears_football_cxs116.jpg

There's nothing OK about that b.s.

Chicago is one the league's premier franchises in terms of longevity and classic uniform design. It would be akin to the Packers donning a YELLOW alt, since it's part of their color scheme.

It's not needed, just a shameless, shameless ploy to pull more merchandising dollars from your pocket.

That orange jersey looks light years better than their near-black usual home unis. This year's super bowl was almost as colorless as you could get. At least the Bears road unis no longer include the all-white drabness.

My wife had a suggestion with merit...they should wear the alts with the navy pants. That might look better.

That would look better. It'd bring balance, with the blue helmet, orange jersey, then blue pants to balance everything out. It would make most of the old-timers on here cringe (even though the Bears HAVE worn orange in the past), but it'd look good.

That would look better. It'd bring balance, with the blue helmet, orange jersey, then blue pants to balance everything out. It would make most of the old-timers on here cringe (even though the Bears HAVE worn orange in the past), but it'd look good.

No, it would still look bad.

It might match better, but it would look bad.

The Bears are wearing their alts today against the Lions. These may be the worst alts in the NFL. Luckily, they only wear them once a year but they should just get rid of it.

Yeah, I turned on my television and saw that.

And all of the other jerseys that the other teams were wearing too.

Thanks for playing.

So.... you are criticizing him for starting a topic about a sports jersey on a sports logo message board, just because you already saw it on TV, and so it's not worthy to tell you about? Am i reading that right?

Just because you saw it, doesn't mean everyone has, I hadn't. I was on the road today, I would have had no idea.

Wow, so ready to criticize.

My comment was that the Bears jerseys were way out of the norm from what they usually wear and I'm not really fond of them and it is good to see them only wear them once a year.

If you had said that as clearly the first time, I don't think he would have criticized you.

Correct. And further, I move that we instill a moratorium on the phrase "thanks for playing." No one ever looks good when using it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The Bears are wearing their alts today against the Lions. These may be the worst alts in the NFL. Luckily, they only wear them once a year but they should just get rid of it.

Yeah, I turned on my television and saw that.

And all of the other jerseys that the other teams were wearing too.

Thanks for playing.

So.... you are criticizing him for starting a topic about a sports jersey on a sports logo message board, just because you already saw it on TV, and so it's not worthy to tell you about? Am i reading that right?

Just because you saw it, doesn't mean everyone has, I hadn't. I was on the road today, I would have had no idea.

Wow, so ready to criticize.

My comment was that the Bears jerseys were way out of the norm from what they usually wear and I'm not really fond of them and it is good to see them only wear them once a year.

Except you didn't say that at all. Not even close. There is no possible way that could have been construed from the words you used.

Thanks for playing. (with apologies to gitlin)

Good god guys...

This alternate is a Halloween thing, and a tribute to when they had Orange jerseys in 1930! For gods sake they even wore a throwback of it in 2004, I believe when they played the Cowboys on Thanksgiving. The Helmets had the white wishbone C too.

bSLCtu2.png

Good god guys...

This alternate is a Halloween thing, and a tribute to when they had Orange jerseys in 1930! For gods sake they even wore a throwback of it in 2004, I believe when they played the Cowboys on Thanksgiving. The Helmets had the white wishbone C too.

The NFL should really be above gimmickry like Halloween-themed unis. And if it's a one-time tribute, fine. But they've worn the damn things waay too much already. Burn 'em.

Good god guys...

The NFL should really be above gimmickry like Halloween-themed unis. And if it's a one-time tribute, fine. But they've worn the damn things waay too much already. Burn 'em.

10/31/93 MNF game had Packers/Bears both decked out in in 1920s/30s throwbacks in the pouring down rain at Old Soldier Field, and one of the players had a Jack-O-Lantern on the back of his helmet. And I've seen footage of game back when it was LIVE on ABC (I was 3) and I believe the crowd was wearing costumes and everything. That's as festive as I've ever heard of it.

I was hoping for something in 2004 when all games were on Halloween, but there was nothing.

bSLCtu2.png

Good god guys...

The same style jerseys they wore yesterday, they wore in '04 against Dallas. The helmets weren't any different. Not true throwbacks.

Regardless, the orange jerseys look like crap.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Archived