Bears in Orange

Billy B

The bears wear it every halloween weekend as a gimmick. I don't see what the big deal is. At least it's not black and is a part of their color scheme.

The "big deal" is that apparently a lot of people think they're hideous and not in keeping with the Bears' image. I would agree. Can you imagine Halas leading 'his' Bears out of the tunnel with them wearing those jerseys? I can't.

No I can't imagine Halas leading them out onto the field blah blah blah. :rolleyes:

But I sure as hell can imagine Lovie's dumb country ass waltzing the modern bears in a modern NFL with alt jerseys to sell and money to make onto the field once a season. Sheesh.

Suit yourself, both with the awful Bears alts and your smarta** response.

My wife had a suggestion with merit...they should wear the alts with the navy pants. That might look better.

That would look pretty good, at least it does in Madden 2008.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a Bears fan, I think these jerseys look phenomenal. The orange with the blue helmets and socks looks great. However, to me, it doesn't look like the Bears. They make great fashion jerseys (and I have one), but I wouldn't shed a tear if these never see the field again. Oh, and this combo with orange pants would look :censored:ing terrible. This if the NFL, not CFL. Dark pants should not be worn with any jersey color other than white.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Can't someone possibly post orange jersey with blue pants using a photo program. I think it would look good also.

33531383.jpg

What's the consensus?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Blue pants is clearly the way to go. Maybe even reverse the number coloring, but that could make them difficult to read.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Can't someone possibly post orange jersey with blue pants using a photo program. I think it would look good also.

33531383.jpg

What's the consensus?

The Lions are better than the Bears.

Edit: Double post, but so true it had to be said twice, which is how many time the Bears lost to Detroit this year. Huzzah!

33531383.jpg

What's the consensus?

The Lions are better than the Bears.

Edit: Double post, but so true it had to be said twice, which is how many time the Bears lost to Detroit this year. Huzzah!

A buddy of mine said that he knew this picture was photoshopped because it shows Benson running against the Lions.

twitter

Good god guys...

This alternate is a Halloween thing, and a tribute to when they had Orange jerseys in 1930! For gods sake they even wore a throwback of it in 2004, I believe when they played the Cowboys on Thanksgiving. The Helmets had the white wishbone C too.

The NFL should really be above gimmickry like Halloween-themed unis. And if it's a one-time tribute, fine. But they've worn the damn things waay too much already. Burn 'em.

10/31/93 MNF game had Packers/Bears both decked out in in 1920s/30s throwbacks in the pouring down rain at Old Soldier Field, and one of the players had a Jack-O-Lantern on the back of his helmet. And I've seen footage of game back when it was LIVE on ABC (I was 3) and I believe the crowd was wearing costumes and everything. That's as festive as I've ever heard of it.

I was hoping for something in 2004 when all games were on Halloween, but there was nothing.

I love this picture:

94GBatChi_pumpkin.jpg

[on topic]I don't like the Bears' orange jersey, even with the blue pants. I love their regular sets, though.

It's where I sit.

and your wife should thank shinyhubcaps who mentioned it about a dozen posts previous to her novel idea. :P

In any event- they're correct...these would look better with navy pants.

And so he did. Thanks, shinyhubcaps! :P

Ha Anytime! ...But it was buried in the middle of a rant, so I forgive you for not noticing. :D

And now that I've seen the mock-ups, I think it looks much better. Why wear three different colors for three different articles? Some things just make sense.

Archived